Frank Lampard Jnr & West Ham fans torment BT Sports

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Frank Lampard Jnr & West Ham fans torment BT Sports

Post by andyginbrasil »

You are talking now about the good guys in soccer, for me it was Brian "Killer" Kilcline , he always, if available, would attend functions for free, even today he is there helping the kids and joining with the community. He became a great friend as well, the only down side to him was he could drink me under the table and I tended to suffer regularly through this, even though he was a very popular footballer and TV pundit, at times, he always had time for anyone, good all round decent bloke.

Romford

Post by Romford »

Whiskyman wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all about Parlour tbh. Some years back, when he'd just broken into the Arsenal first team, a local pub team round our way had a presentation do. Can't remember who asked him or if there was any connection but apparently Ray Parlour came along all the way to Welwyn Garden City (he lived in Romford didn't he?) to do the presentations and have a crack with the lads there. Never met the bloke personally but seems the type of bloke anyone would enjoy a pint with.
He's ok...but loves a Doris

Romford

Post by Romford »

andyginbrasil wrote:You are talking now about the good guys in soccer, for me it was Brian "Killer" Kilcline , he always, if available, would attend functions for free, even today he is there helping the kids and joining with the community. He became a great friend as well, the only down side to him was he could drink me under the table and I tended to suffer regularly through this, even though he was a very popular footballer and TV pundit, at times, he always had time for anyone, good all round decent bloke.
Gary Mabbutt and Pat Jennings were both great fellas...and Bryn Gunn at Norwich was one of the nicest chaps i ever met.

I also survived a few mad ones with Keith Robson after games at Norwich....that chap can drink

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Romford wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all about Parlour tbh. Some years back, when he'd just broken into the Arsenal first team, a local pub team round our way had a presentation do. Can't remember who asked him or if there was any connection but apparently Ray Parlour came along all the way to Welwyn Garden City (he lived in Romford didn't he?) to do the presentations and have a crack with the lads there. Never met the bloke personally but seems the type of bloke anyone would enjoy a pint with.
He's ok...but loves a Doris

And a flutter,a nice bloke.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

hd1 wrote:His old man was an absolute gent, shame it didn't rub off
Romford wrote:His old man never did ANYTHING for anyone aprt from himself...and his son is a chip off the old block.

Young Frank and his Dad were never popular around Gidea Park ...and Young Frank was never very welcome in Brentwood where he used to go out when he was young.

Stretch however was very liked...he lived just around the corner from them.
grandad wrote:Always found his old man very arrogant and not very nice at all

might of been me though i am genuinely amused
I can only speak of when my Uncle was friendly with him, and he sorted out quite a few autographs, programmes etc. for me. It was back in his playing days mind.

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

It hurt me when he went to Chelsea and was kissing the badge etc.. But some of the chants towards him I've heard are sick and well over the line.

Itd a shame how much abuse he got because he would have been ideal for this 'ex player on the board' role. Intelligent and knows his football.

Romford

Post by Romford »

hd1 wrote:
I can only speak of when my Uncle was friendly with him, and he sorted out quite a few autographs, programmes etc. for me. It was back in his playing days mind.
I wish I could say that too fella...but i should imagine knowing the old mans previous it was with an angle for something else your Uncle could do for him.

As has been said, see as you find

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Loved a pound note did old Frankie boy.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Romford wrote:I wish I could say that too fella...but i should imagine knowing the old mans previous it was with an angle for something else your Uncle could do for him.

I doubt it Romford, my Uncle was running a newsagents at the time!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

hd1 wrote:
Romford wrote:I wish I could say that too fella...but i should imagine knowing the old mans previous it was with an angle for something else your Uncle could do for him.

I doubt it Romford, my Uncle was running a newsagents at the time!
Maybe a free copy of the sun....or maybe one of Mr Sullivan's top shelf magazines