Pay him ffs!

Chat about anything football related here!
Baddowhammer

Re: Pay him ffs!

Post by Baddowhammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:This could be the straw that broke the Camel's back,can you imagine the unrest and anger directed at the board if he peddled of to a Rival for nothing.
Surely Pelle will save the situation somehow.COYI
One would hope this is an area where the DOF is involved. Rice signed up with a new agency recently (summer I think) and they will obviously be busily trying to secure the best possible deal for their client.
I think it's Wassermans and they have a number of youngsters on their books,although I agree that Declan should get the going rate,I think agents should be outlawed,the PFA used to be the go between perhaps it's time for a step back on this issue,as agents have a vested interest in players moving,and getting players more money obviously.
Having said that we should pay Declan through any means and the sooner the better.COYI

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Baddowhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
One would hope this is an area where the DOF is involved. Rice signed up with a new agency recently (summer I think) and they will obviously be busily trying to secure the best possible deal for their client.
I think it's Wassermans and they have a number of youngsters on their books,although I agree that Declan should get the going rate,I think agents should be outlawed,the PFA used to be the go between perhaps it's time for a step back on this issue,as agents have a vested interest in players moving,and getting players more money obviously.
Having said that we should pay Declan through any means and the sooner the better.COYI
Not sure you can outlaw agents tbh. Footballers aren't usually known for their mental strengths and contract negotiations can be pretty complex affairs. Problem is there are bad agents, like that prick Willie McKay who the dwarf used to use a lot apparently, and good ones. And there are good owners and bad owners. The bad ones wouldn't think twice about stitching up a player if they thought they could get away with it. Imagine you were the father of a talented young kid like DR. Would you trust the dwarf to do right by him when it was contract time? Or would you prefer your boy to be represented by someone with experience of how that sort of thing works ?

I think I know your answer mate. ;) And you're right btw. It is the Wasserman Group who look after Rice's interests.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Gonzo wrote:Apparently the club believe that time is on their side which of course doesn't take into account how fucked off the player becomes with each passing week.

This kid is ruthless enough to piss a whole country off and switch teams so he'd certainly leave West Ham if he's not happy.
Would we have stayed up last season if he wasn't in defense? Debatable, but if you say no, then he has saved the club millions.I'd offer him 20 a week with incentive bonuses that would keep him pumping and put him up to around 30.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Give the boy what he wants.This boy is a future captain of club and country.

This needs to be resolved,otherwise,we`ll get a Carrick saga on our hands,where he left for peanuts(2 million to Spurs) and left them a season later for £18.6 million for Man U.

Jamie Carragher has his say.

https://talksport.com/football/426145/j ... -contract/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Gonzo wrote:Apparently the club believe that time is on their side which of course doesn't take into account how fucked off the player becomes with each passing week.

This kid is ruthless enough to piss a whole country off and switch teams so he'd certainly leave West Ham if he's not happy.
Sure, and rightly so IMO. Hopefully his new role and the faith the manager has put in him makes him want to stay until he gets a contract he is worth.

Wrong player to choose to hardball with, I think he's done enough already to prove he has made it.

Vladnar

Post by Vladnar »

4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:apparently he is on his last year of his £3000 a week contract and they have offered him £12000 - £15000 a week new contract but he wants double if you believe all the papers etc
just pay him his £30000 - £40000 a week contract and tie him down
he has easily been 1 of our better players this season and if pellegrini didn't rate him he wouldn't play him
Couldn't agree more 40k 6 year contract and he;s fantastic in that holding mid role in a 3

HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

Good analysis Gonzo. I think though that it's more the agent playing up here rather than Rice himself. But this is risky business for West Ham.
Rice is a potential West Ham captain, future legend and great player.
If we piss him off for much longer we'll drive him out of the club in no time and for what ? To save 500k in wages short-term ?
That's peanuts in the PL in 2018.
COYI!!!

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Now, don't be patronising and tell me "It was only Macclesfield". Rice was majestic last night.

He looked every inch the established Prem.player although surrounded by his much more experienced Seniors.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

HamburgHammer wrote:Good analysis Gonzo. I think though that it's more the agent playing up here rather than Rice himself. But this is risky business for West Ham.
Rice is a potential West Ham captain, future legend and great player.
If we piss him off for much longer we'll drive him out of the club in no time and for what ? To save 500k in wages short-term ?
That's peanuts in the PL in 2018.
Tbh I wouldn't criticise the agent. He's just doing his job which is to get the best possible deal for his client. The agent will know the market value of a player like Declan Rice and his job is to make sure the player is paid what the market place says he should be.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Fuck me if they can pay that wage thieving cunt Carroll, then surely they can fork out for Declan.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.