Leicester v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Rumford

Re: Leicester v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Post by Rumford »

Very unlucky with a scratch team out...

Pros

Rice again..MOTM
Fab
Balbuena and Diop
Antonio when he came on

Big shout for Snodders too...great energy, strong mentally and still making chances till right to the end.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:If people had bothered to look at Snoddys stats when he was at Hull they would have realised he's a decent player.
There are stats that can prove pretty much anything about any player---including your mate Mr Noble.

I was one of the people who coated Snodgrass when he arrived. Why ? Because he looked disinterested, his distribution, particularly set pieces, one of his specialities in his Hull days, was utter gash and his overall contribution to the team's effort was, well, non existent.

But I'll be the first to admit his performances this year, have been a massive improvement, as has his effort and application. Imo when everyone is fit he won't be a starter but he has to be given credit for the way he's resurrected his Hammers career. As does Pellegrini for having faith in him.
Not sure what stats you look at but the ones I see always seem to highlight a players ability i.e Aguero, De Bruyne etc etc have fantastic stats and players of lesser ability have not such fantastic stats. Don't know what stats you are talking about regarding "my mate Noble" as none of them seem to highlight lack of pace but it's just annoying that about everyone can now see what I've been seeing for years. No doubt there are still a few dewy eyed non believers about. Mind I won't be calling Snodders "Mr West Ham , we always play better with him etc

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

At 31 this is probably his last season as a certain starter. If the club and Pellegrini are serious in taking us forward then Noble Mark has served the club admirable but it's time to step aside.
Just being busy running all over the place isn't enough now for defensive ,Mid players.
I have huge respect for him but how many sides in the premiership would Mark walk into?
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

IronsForever wrote:At 31 this is probably his last season as a certain starter. If the club and Pellegrini are serious in taking us forward then Noble Mark has served the club admirable but it's time to step aside.
Just being busy running all over the place isn't enough now for defensive ,Mid players.
I have huge respect for him but how many sides in the premiership would Mark walk into?
You can try and put whatever gloss you like on it but I think it would be more accurate to say "the club has served Noble Mark ? admirable. I would also say how many Championship sides would he walk into ? Certainly none with any aspirations of getting promoted. As one football correspondent stated at the beginning of the season "how do you spend 100 million on a new team and still end up with Noble in it ? "

downunda

Post by downunda »

IronsForever wrote:At 31 this is probably his last season as a certain starter. If the club and Pellegrini are serious in taking us forward then Noble Mark has served the club admirable but it's time to step aside.
Excellent, honest, unbiased and accurate summing up of the situation

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote:
You can try and put whatever gloss you like on it but I think it would be more accurate to say "the club has served Noble Mark ? admirable. I would also say how many Championship sides would he walk into ? Certainly none with any aspirations of getting promoted. As one football correspondent stated at the beginning of the season "how do you spend 100 million on a new team and still end up with Noble in it ? "

:lol: :lol: :lol: really ? That’s really quite amusing SS , don’t suppose you have a link for that little gem ?

Special mention from me re Snodgrass and Fabianski .
2 players I never really wanted near our club and both are making me scoff huge slices of the humble stuff .

And I’m loving the centre half partnership too . Which one will get injured first though ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Nobes has been great this season but he was having a 'mare and knew it, probably why he went in for so reckless a challenge. He wears his heart on his sleeve.

It doesn't mean his career at West Ham is over.

Towie

Post by Towie »

The noble vs Man Utd proves that he is a good premier player still, unfortunately he has always had a tendency to make rash tackles.

Still a couple years left I imagine.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote:The noble vs Man Utd proves that he is a good premier player still, unfortunately he has always had a tendency to make rash tackles.

Still a couple years left I imagine.
He had to play a blinder against Manure ... the only way he was going to keep alive his boyhood dream of playing for them :D
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Newmarket wrote:
Shortshanks wrote: You can try and put whatever gloss you like on it but I think it would be more accurate to say "the club has served Noble Mark ? admirable. I would also say how many Championship sides would he walk into ? Certainly none with any aspirations of getting promoted. As one football correspondent stated at the beginning of the season "how do you spend 100 million on a new team and still end up with Noble in it ? "

:lol: :lol: :lol: really ? That’s really quite amusing SS , don’t suppose you have a link for that little gem ?

Special mention from me re Snodgrass and Fabianski .
2 players I never really wanted near our club and both are making me scoff huge slices of the humble stuff .

And I’m loving the centre half partnership too . Which one will get injured first though ?
No I don't have a link as it was in a paper when I was abroad but I can assure you those were the exact words. In fact the guy went on to say the midfield was just as feeble as in previous years and asked the question "what is the common denominator?" Most fans know what it is and has been. I don't need to make things up NM , I just state the obvious. However it's good to see you have crawled out from behind the settee after the Bournemouth game and hope you are well. Let's just hope those 3 points we lost don't prove disastrous. :)