West Ham v Brighton- Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham v Brighton- Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Looking at our remaining away games, only two are ones where we stand any chance of a point.

I was thinking we may just get a point from Wolves / Chelsea at home. Not now.

Which meant we had to win the other 5 starting today. And Brighton was the easiest one. Instead, through absolute ineptitude by the manager and the players, we were holding on at the end just for a point.

I said yesterday that Bowen wasn't enough although I'm glad we got him. The poor cunt must be wondering what the fuck he's done.

I'd wrap Antonio up in cotton wool and start the two up front and fuck that cunt Haller off. Useless bastard.

We badly needed that extra midfield player on top of the Czech bloke. I've been bigging-up Joe Allen all month. Lily Allen would have done.

We're in the bottom three and won't get out of it. We haven't got players mentally tough enough to deal with setbacks. No team had let as many points slip from winning positions as we have in this league.

Ok, a clusterfuck by Fabianski, who's usually reliable, gave Brighton hope. Had that not happened it would have been a stroll. But it did.

I've seen four relegations so it's nothing new. But in that soul-less fucking bowl, in front of 35,000,this one could be terminal.

Many are saying Murray's goal shouldn't have stood. Well, I'm being objective and not wearing my c&b glasses.

We stink this league out. And whatever one we're in (the lift may not stop at the Championship btw), we won't amount to a sack of shit with those cunts running it.
Last edited by palerider on Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iambones

Post by Iambones »

Only February, players to come back are the positives , negatives are Moyes is shit, Sullivan worst chairman in premiership history. Just need Demonstrations to start. Need the football world to know how the slippery eels are hated. We are at rock bottom imo we are worse team in premiership managed by worse manager controlled by worst board of directors. Wonder WHEN we go down slag Brady will hand back her pay rise?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

I didn't see Murray's goal, but I've seen a shot of the handball. Someone tell me why it was overuled please?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:34 pm I didn't see Murray's goal, but I've seen a shot of the handball. Someone tell me why it was overuled please?
On the BBC the commentator said 'this will be ruled out'. 'The Brighton players have gone back to defend the free-kick but they're checking it as they have to'.

So they must have known.

I can't work it out.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:26 pm Looking at our remaining away games, only two are ones where we stand any chance of a point.

I was thinking we may just get a point from Wolves / Chelsea at home. Not now.

Which meant we had to win the other 5 starting today. And Brighton was the easiest one. Instead, through absolute ineptitude by the manager and the players, we were holding on at the end just for a point.

I said yesterday that Bowen wasn't enough although I'm glad we got him. The poor cunt must be wondering what the fuck he's done.

I'd wrap Antonio up in cotton wool and start the two up front and fuck that cunt Haller off. Useless bastard.

We badly needed that extra midfield player on top of the Czech bloke. I've been bigging-up Joe Allen all month. Lily Allen would have done.

We're in the bottom three and won't get out of it. We haven't got players mentally tough enough to deal with setbacks. No team had let as many points slip from winning positions as we have in this league.

Ok, a clusterfuck by Fabianski, who's usually reliable, gave Brighton hope. Had that not happened it would have been a stroll. But it did.

I've seen four relegations so it's nothing new. But in that soul-less fucking bowl, in front of 35,000,this one could be terminal.

Many are saying Murray's goal shouldn't have stood. Well, I'm being objective and not wearing my c&b glasses.

We stink this league out. And whatever one we're in (the lift may not stop at the Championship btw), we won't amount to a sack of shit with those cunts running it.
Indeed my friend.
There are quite a few teams in the championship that would beat us and beat us quite easily imho.
Although it's way behind the premier league, they have decent young managers who are playing attractive football. Not only that, but they have players who are moving forward in their careers, that want to do well.
There's a big difference in it now, to the last time we dropped. But like you say I don't think it'll stop there, once cunty and cuntox sell everything that isn't nailed down, we'll be left with a new squad that won't be equipped to bounce back up. If anything we could drop again.
It's going to be a long road back and may take years this time round.
The one saving grace is at least those cunts I'll be gone or dead.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:38 pm
Castiron wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:34 pm I didn't see Murray's goal, but I've seen a shot of the handball. Someone tell me why it was overuled please?
On the BBC the commentator said 'this will be ruled out'. 'The Brighton players have gone back to defend the free-kick but they're checking it as they have to'.

So they must have known.

I can't work it out.
Cheers :|

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

palerider wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:38 pm

So they must have known.

I can't work it out.
Merson on sky said confidently it will be given,he probably had better angles than VAR.coyi

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Blame me :(

At 3 - 1 I tempted fate and was counting the points and the pounds won :(

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Only saw 2nd half, would suggest our new lad is gonna take a couple of games to settle in and get the pace of the game.

Didn’t do anything wrong just looked a little lost , like he hadn’t been given instructions on his role. Should start him in front of noble and bring on fornal..nxt 2 games are a hiding to nowt but be good see if these boys have got the goods.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Didn’t see the game but 2-0 then 3-1 ffs ?

Who did Moyes drop to accommodate the new fella ?

By the way . Toldyas. Could have signed 3 CM’s and Noble would still be first name on the team sheet ...
Bring back Jonathon !