Best Premier league start ever

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Best Premier league start ever

Post by Towie »

Apparently this is our best premier league start ever!
29pts compared to the 26 under Bilic after 18 games.

Well done Moyes.

Time will tell if the Moyesiah can beat Bilic’s final total and 7th place finish.

But I know I prefer that style of football compared to the grind it out style we see now.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Castiron

Re: Best Premier league start ever

Post by Castiron »

That's the problem though mate, if the fans are allowed back in the ground in the not too distant future, we may never see if Moyes can take us further, improve our style and bring in his own team fully.
I'm grateful that we are not a laughing stock on the pitch at the moment.
Shame the cunts in charge won't see the bigger picture and at least fuck off if they don't share ours and our managers ambition.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

We've a great chance to kick on in the second half of the season and really have a go for the top 6. Hell, we're only 4 points off of 4th so why not even have CL aspirations?

Unfortunately and realistically we'll not get anywhere near the top 4-6 because our squad is so thin. Our owners should be looking at this season and think that we can really push on. Sadly, to do so would require an investment in the squad that GSB are unwilling or unable make.

At this moment in time we're an injury away from no recognised striker, no recognised LB/LWB, a dodgy 'keeper and a severely limited central midfield. Unless someone pulls their finger out very soon, we'll be in the same situation when the window shuts.

Not Moyes' fault of course, he and the coaching staff have done a pretty bang up job so far despite my reservations but when the height of the owners ambitions is to finish 17th or marginally above then the manager is being hamstrung.

Hope I'm wrong and we sign some reinforcements that enable us to have a real bash at the top 6. History would dictate though that we won't and we'll be closer to 15th than 5th at the end of this season.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Noni

Post by Noni »

Gotta say, had this been last season we would be further up the table. So far not many teams ahead of us are slipping up, so makes it harder for us to climb the ladder. Though I'm sure Antonio back in the squad we should be getting more goals within this team. Though Aston Villa is a question mark not having played a few games so far.

A lot depends of Antonio's fitness whether he stays injury free towards the second half of this season and we sign some major key players, specially young ones!...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:56 pm We've a great chance to kick on in the second half of the season and really have a go for the top 6. Hell, we're only 4 points off of 4th so why not even have CL aspirations?

Unfortunately and realistically we'll not get anywhere near the top 4-6 because our squad is so thin. Our owners should be looking at this season and think that we can really push on. Sadly, to do so would require an investment in the squad that GSB are unwilling or unable make.

At this moment in time we're an injury away from no recognised striker, no recognised LB/LWB, a dodgy 'keeper and a severely limited central midfield. Unless someone pulls their finger out very soon, we'll be in the same situation when the window shuts.

Not Moyes' fault of course, he and the coaching staff have done a pretty bang up job so far despite my reservations but when the height of the owners ambitions is to finish 17th or marginally above then the manager is being hamstrung.

Hope I'm wrong and we sign some reinforcements that enable us to have a real bash at the top 6. History would dictate though that we won't and we'll be closer to 15th than 5th at the end of this season.
Don’t disagree with any of that Bill .

I don’t hide my dislike of Moyes but your post above is the reason why I cannot come up with a replacement to take over once this mass hysterical over-reacting is finished.

It will matter not who takes over once he gets fucked off again ... ANY manager will have the same problem working for these low life Cunts .

Anyway , here’s Gonzo getting carried away again , with maybe a little Saturday night help from Jermaine Jeans I suspect ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hamm ... -beat/amp/
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:12 pm Apparently this is our best premier league start ever!

Well done Moyes.

Time will tell if the Moyesiah can beat Bilic’s final total and 7th place finish.

But I know I prefer that style of football compared to the grind it out style we see now.
We actually got more under Allardyce,believe it or not.31 and that was after 17 games.

In September,because of injuries to Carroll and Nolan,he decided to play Sakho and Valencia up front.They hit it off straight away.Not only did we play our best Football under BFS,we won a lot of games too.

Come December,Carroll and Nolan were fit again and BFS decided he wanted them back in the side.After that,the togetherness of the dressing room disappeared and it all went down hill.

I still have NO idea why BFS did that?Maybe it went against his principles?F*CK KNOWS.

One of the biggest mysteries of all.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

As much as I dislike the Mr dead, I've got to start to admit he does seem like a good fit under the current regime. We are in a much better position than I thought possible.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:12 pm Apparently this is our best premier league start ever!

Well done Moyes.

We actually got more under Allardyce,believe it or not.31 and that was after 17 games.

In September,because of injuries to Carroll and Nolan,he decided to play Sakho and Valencia up front.They hit it off straight away.Not only did we play our best Football under BFS,we won a lot of games too.

Come December,Carroll and Nolan were fit again and BFS decided he wanted them back in the side.After that,the togetherness of the dressing room disappeared and it all went down hill.

I still have NO idea why BFS did that?Maybe it went against his principles?F*CK KNOWS.

Might be wrong but I seem to remember we were third round about the Christmas fixture period. But the obsession with Andy Carroll, probably because of the money the dwarf spunked on getting him to the club to appease the soppy "Andy Carroll we want you to stay" fuckers, may have had a bearing on it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Well done Moyes.

Nolan then is about the same as playing Noble now, Moyes hopefully realized its not working after the Brighton game. Sam didn't he kept using the players he wanted to play despite results, the reason will always be a mystery but my guess is just plain arrogance.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:21 am

Might be wrong but I seem to remember we were third round about the Christmas fixture period. But the obsession with Andy Carroll, probably because of the money the dwarf spunked on getting him to the club to appease the soppy "Andy Carroll we want you to stay" fuckers, may have had a bearing on it.
I actually think it went against his principle of playing..He was obsessed about keeping clean sheets,rather than scoring goals.I remember Sakho and Valencia both played their first full matches against Hull Away.We only drew 2-2,but it was the best Football we had played under BFS..After that we won 9 from 14,our best sequence in the PL era.Downing was playing the Nolan role in midfield..Then Carroll and Nolan got fit and he stuck them both back in..He dropped Valencia and reverted Downing back to the right.

Baffling...As you said,at one point in December,we were actually 3rd in the table.