Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:44 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:17 pm

I will say that before all these other managers were mentioned i wouldn't have an issue with Loppy coming in. It is only since hearing of them and hearing of Loppys style that has clouded the waters. So as i see him as a better version and a better option than Moyes i will stick to my original thoughts and give him a chance.

What does get me thinking is the reason he departed Wolves, and it wont be any easier here, unless Stumpy digs deep. But that i guess is down to the expectations of both parties.
I hear and read in a lot of places that he’s a Moyes type regards defensive play and not many chances given to youth. The difference between him and Moyes is that he likes his teams to at least play football with the ball rather than without. So that for me is a a very small upgrade on Moyes. Personally I woulda liked to have seen the chairman back his employees (Steidten and Noble) more in touch with the game with regards the new manager but that’s Sullivan for ya. And you’re right regards the resources needed. An overhaul is needed but we’re relying on Sullivan not just stumping up the cash but also negotiating well which is a big ask. I’m expecting a rough season if he’s not backed and a mediocre one if he is coz the rebuild will take more than 1 season.
Think that about sums up my thoughts also. But who knows what expectations have been negotiated. Time will tell, only know mine arent glory in one season, just a rebuild and some actual football on the pitch.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:04 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:44 pm

I hear and read in a lot of places that he’s a Moyes type regards defensive play and not many chances given to youth. The difference between him and Moyes is that he likes his teams to at least play football with the ball rather than without. So that for me is a a very small upgrade on Moyes. Personally I woulda liked to have seen the chairman back his employees (Steidten and Noble) more in touch with the game with regards the new manager but that’s Sullivan for ya. And you’re right regards the resources needed. An overhaul is needed but we’re relying on Sullivan not just stumping up the cash but also negotiating well which is a big ask. I’m expecting a rough season if he’s not backed and a mediocre one if he is coz the rebuild will take more than 1 season.
Think that about sums up my thoughts also. But who knows what expectations have been negotiated. Time will tell, only know mine arent glory in one season, just a rebuild and some actual football on the pitch.
hearing it’s a 2 year deal with a possible extension if we get in Europe. I don’t see that as faith in their chosen manager
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:48 pm

Like everyone else I know sweet FA about Lopetegui's playing style, his tactical nous, his attitude towards young players or his fucking inside leg measurement. But from the little I do kinow and have read the one big improvement I expect to see is in our game management. I get mightily pissed off seeing a ball just lumped upfield to nobody (because everyone is behind the ball) and come back for a rinse and repeat until the inefitavble goal is conceded.

From what I've been told he favours a posession style and believes in the tried and tested mantra that if you've got the balkl the other lot can't score. If that does in fact prove to be what he brings then he'll do me. Whether it will please the small number who say they find Man City boring of copurse is another matter entirely. He won't appeal to people who like to see their players passing sideways to keep posession rather than try a fancy trick and lose the fucking ball more often than not.
Yep, for a lot of us all we can go by currently is what we read and watch what others say. What I do know is that he needs backing straight away to replace the old knackered players while at the same time deal with the probable departures of some more gifted players, so almost a completely new overhaul for him. If he’s signing early doors as it looks like, at least he’ll have a full pre season to work with Steidten, noble and the squad.
Steidten's got one hell of a job on his hands renovating that fucking squad tbh. Let's hope the bloke proves to be as good as his reputation.

And you're right about backing the new man. Pisses me off when I read and see shit on various social media sites already saying he's the wrong choice and suchlike. If he fucks up he fucks up. But let's deal with that if and when it happens not before the poor cunt has even put his arse down on the chair FFS.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:32 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:04 pm

hearing it’s a 2 year deal with a possible extension if we get in Europe. I don’t see that as faith in their chosen manager
Tbh I think it's about as good as it gets given the average shelf life of managers in today's game. I see that Hull have just bounced Rosenior despite narrowly missing out on the play offs. Haven't looked up the stats to see whether it's right or not but I reckon Moyes must be the second longest serving PL manager behind Klopp., So a 2 year contract is probably about right.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:36 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:32 pm

Tbh I think it's about as good as it gets given the average shelf life of managers in today's game. I see that Hull have just bounced Rosenior despite narrowly missing out on the play offs. Haven't looked up the stats to see whether it's right or not but I reckon Moyes must be the second longest serving PL manager behind Klopp., So a 2 year contract is probably about right.
I agree most don’t last too long depending on results but contracts less than 3 years is still pretty rare I think
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:36 pm

I agree most don’t last too long depending on results but contracts less than 3 years is still pretty rare I think
Hes getting as tight with his contract lengths as he is with his money.Do you reckon he has been influenced a bit by the rumblings from the fan base?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:56 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:40 pm

Hes getting as tight with his contract lengths as he is with his money.Do you reckon he has been influenced a bit by the rumblings from the fan base?
He’s not normally. Maybe influenced slightly by Steidten and Noble?
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:33 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:04 pm

Yep, for a lot of us all we can go by currently is what we read and watch what others say. What I do know is that he needs backing straight away to replace the old knackered players while at the same time deal with the probable departures of some more gifted players, so almost a completely new overhaul for him. If he’s signing early doors as it looks like, at least he’ll have a full pre season to work with Steidten, noble and the squad.
Steidten's got one hell of a job on his hands renovating that fucking squad tbh. Let's hope the bloke proves to be as good as his reputation.

And you're right about backing the new man. Pisses me off when I read and see shit on various social media sites already saying he's the wrong choice and suchlike. If he fucks up he fucks up. But let's deal with that if and when it happens not before the poor cunt has even put his arse down on the chair FFS.
Totally agree, I am basing my assessment of Lopetegui on his season at Wolves, where let’s us say the goals scored column was averaging a goal a game, doesn’t smack of entertainment to me. However he is apparently on Bayern’s & AC Milan shortlist so that says to me he has some pedigree.

I wonder if Moyes will ever be on Bayerns and Milan’s shortlist? I fucking doubt it.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

What I heard that Loppy uses the 3 midfielder tactics so likely 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3 formation or 4-3-2-1 so in current squad we have is Alvarez, Paqueta and Soucek or JWP with front of it in Kudus, new striker, Bowen.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 pm What I heard that Loppy uses the 3 midfielder tactics so likely 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3 formation or 4-3-2-1 so in current squad we have is Alvarez, Paqueta and Soucek or JWP with front of it in Kudus, new striker, Bowen.
No way is Soucek a Loppy type player , he likes his midfielders to have ability on the ball , and a passing game .