Astra Preview-2 big debates

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Astra Preview-2 big debates

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:
When he was waving his look-at-me arms and over talking the other pundits during the Euro's the media sang his praises and proclaimed him a savvy chappy.
I wouldn't start writing him off just yet. After the Bournemouth defeat last August I started to and look what happened. The man is intelligent and will know tonight was totally unacceptable. But although I expect nothing but a tonking at the Etihad, he now has to earn his corn.
Agreed. But out of Europe the shiny new fortress breached at the second attempt.Bit of a embarrassment really.

A lot of sides are going to really enjoy playing at our place. Be like a Wembley experience to them.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Castiron wrote:
Taansend wrote:This means we're going to beat Citeh on Sunday
You said we were going to win this one!
I mean it this time

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

palerider wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:
When he was waving his look-at-me arms and over talking the other pundits during the Euro's the media sang his praises and proclaimed him a savvy chappy.
I wouldn't start writing him off just yet. After the Bournemouth defeat last August I started to and look what happened. The man is intelligent and will know tonight was totally unacceptable. But although I expect nothing but a tonking at the Etihad, he now has to earn his corn.
I'm nowhere near writing him off at all mate.
I love the bloke and wholly believe he'll sort this out.
Just questioning why he looked pretty confused and motionless on the touchline tonight??

Has the Antonio saga rattled him?
Is our squad badly imbalanced and so fucking with his ability to put out a structured first 11?

Something not right obviously.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh »

Say all you like about Sam Allardyce but we wouldn't of lost to Astra tonight if he was in charge. Slavs really has to flex muscle now for Sunday.....I still believe in him.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

LittleHammerton wrote:I think we have real problems here. The most worrying thin is the way we are playing with absoloutley no desire or intensity...they just don't look bothered, the bournmouth game was dire....I wasn't there tonight but it seems as if it's the same again.

These are performances that are really un-Slav like and I'm not sure what's going on. What is for sure is that if he doesn't address this quickly this season will be in danger of petering out before it starts.

We should be building momentum with games like this, but quite the opposite is happening, we will not fill the ground and get the crowd behind us with these performances.

I think he will get it right....but it needs to be quick.
The ground's already full.
It's all set up and served on a plate for them.......
They just need to deliver.

With a half decent performance, the stadium will explode.
We've done more than our part........... waiting waiting tick tock.......
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

LondonWelsh wrote:Say all you like about Sam Allardyce but we wouldn't of lost to Astra tonight if he was in charge.
Really?
Why not?
Yeah....."United"

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

LondonWelsh wrote:Say all you like about Sam Allardyce but we wouldn't of lost to Astra tonight if he was in charge. Slavs really has to flex muscle now for Sunday.....I still believe in him.
If BFS was still in charge we wouldn't have even been in the Europa Competition......mute point.

Trev1980

Post by Trev1980 »

It might be a good thing we got Knocked out tonight.We have not got the squad to play 3 games a week.Our aim is Champions league football.Now we can concentrate on the Prem and a domestic cup. whufc_crest

LittleHammerton

Post by LittleHammerton »

ToneLoc wrote:
LittleHammerton wrote:I think we have real problems here. The most worrying thin is the way we are playing with absoloutley no desire or intensity...they just don't look bothered, the bournmouth game was dire....I wasn't there tonight but it seems as if it's the same again.

These are performances that are really un-Slav like and I'm not sure what's going on. What is for sure is that if he doesn't address this quickly this season will be in danger of petering out before it starts.

We should be building momentum with games like this, but quite the opposite is happening, we will not fill the ground and get the crowd behind us with these performances.

I think he will get it right....but it needs to be quick.
The ground's already full.
It's all set up and served on a plate for them.......
They just need to deliver.

With a half decent performance, the stadium will explode.
We've done more than our part........... waiting waiting tick tock.......
I agree...we have done our part. We couldn't have done any more in terms of filling the ground. On the whole we are embracing the move....but how long will that last with these performances, really I mean the lack of effort an intensity?!

I love the ground, and I am a big Slav fan...but I was at the Bournmouth game and it was terrible...we were given next to nothing to cheer about.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Once again we are the laughing stock of Europe .

I'll say it one more time . We are a 2 man squad and when they are missing , which is more and more frequent , we are fucking clueless.
Bring back Jonathon !