Deal done for Pablo Fornals according to claret and hugh

Chat about anything football related here!
SoggyOggy

Re: Deal done for Pablo Fornals according to claret and hugh

Post by SoggyOggy »

Wrote a player profile article on Pablo and how he might fit in at the club for anyone interested and added 2 videos of him at the end. Looks decent enough, hope the deal comes through.

https://jamaicanhammer.home.blog/2019/0 ... o-fornals/

whufc_crest

boxman

Post by boxman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:21 pm Finding this transfer a bit of a weird one unless we have the finances available ( which is more then was originally thought ) because we could do with a consistently fit AM or someone who can play on the left other then Anderson . Because what we really need and have done for sometime now is a more dynamic pacey creative defensive partner for Rice in front of the back four , as I cannot see Pellegrini changing the formation he has favoured above all else throughout his managerial career .
i mentioned this in the transfer thread

it is possible that pellegrini will have lanzini competing on the wings, that is where he played before he joined us

if we sell snodgrass (villa?) and antonio (palace) this makes sense, even tho both snodgrass and antonio are fantastic players they aren't a perfect fit for pellegrinis style

have aboslutely no idea about this fornals kid, interesting that pellegrini had him as a youth player, going to do a gonzo :oops:

boxman

Post by boxman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 pm Lanzini's on his way out then.
Has to be.
Pellegrini plays TWO DM’s when he has 2 available and Sanchez is too slow , Noble & Snodgrass not good enough (in that particular role) .
So I expect Cueller , a striker a loan or 2 and a South American punt.
sanchez is perfectly fine as a holding midfielder, he actually wasn't that slow when he first signed, i expected him to be slower considering his age, he actually looked quite good... end of the season though he was a bit tubby, at any rate i think he'll serve as depth for rice or come on late to protect a lead, i agree that it's unlikely that he'll partner rice from off, that being said imo the only other option we have there atm is obiang, so we'll need to sign 1 or 2 if obiang does go

boxman

Post by boxman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 pm Looking like a typical West Ham signing though :lol:

https://en.as.com/en/2018/04/10/footbal ... 06881.html
he's probably just a vegan

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:05 pm He can play left and right, but a winger he isn't.
If Antonio goes Brahimi is a shoo in.
I think Pellegrini is hunting for West Ham's Riquelme.
A winger can play wide on either flank and both cut inside or cross well, he seems to be able to do all of these?

We're not talking about the old Etherington type of winger these days, there's more to it

Semantics really

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Refuse to believe it, until I see him sitting in the physio room
Covid in the Boardroom

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

boxman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Has to be.
Pellegrini plays TWO DM’s when he has 2 available and Sanchez is too slow , Noble & Snodgrass not good enough (in that particular role) .
So I expect Cueller , a striker a loan or 2 and a South American punt.
sanchez is perfectly fine as a holding midfielder, he actually wasn't that slow when he first signed, i expected him to be slower considering his age, he actually looked quite good... end of the season though he was a bit tubby, at any rate i think he'll serve as depth for rice or come on late to protect a lead, i agree that it's unlikely that he'll partner rice from off, that being said imo the only other option we have there atm is obiang, so we'll need to sign 1 or 2 if obiang does go
The only opinion that counts is Pellegrini's. And I think he quite likes Sanchez and the reason I form that opinion, is the fact he name checked him whilst injured and introduced him back into the team at the first honest opportunity.

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

Towie wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm C&H Reporting this? Think I’ll wait for official word first before believing this.

Awful site. Although this article may be true, it's not new news. They just regurgiate what others are saying. Mouthpiece for the club and as SW said when he was interviewed by Geo, "Sometimes the truth is irrelevant' which sums up a lot of their content. They once deleted my posts for criticising Karren Brady's handling of the move to the London Stadium - and I hadn't even sworn once!

I too will wait for the club to announce it

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

1985whu wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:20 pm
Towie wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm C&H Reporting this? Think I’ll wait for official word first before believing this.

Awful site. Although this article may be true, it's not new news. They just regurgiate what others are saying. Mouthpiece for the club and as SW said when he was interviewed by Geo, "Sometimes the truth is irrelevant' which sums up a lot of their content. They once deleted my posts for criticising Karren Brady's handling of the move to the London Stadium - and I hadn't even sworn once!

It's all bollocks mate. Most of us depraved loons are banned from everywhere else. Thats why we're all on here, one big happy bunch of cunts. babyfuckoff
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 pm
1985whu wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:20 pm

It's all bollocks mate. Most of us depraved loons are banned from everywhere else. Thats why we're all on here, one big happy bunch of cunts. babyfuckoff
This minor delay in a fulsome announcement could be interpreted unkindly, by suspicious types - like me - as a medical impasse...which would be a first at our renowned medical institution