The januaru striker thread

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: The januaru striker thread

Post by jameskel »

Vunerable women
Covid in the Boardroom

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:19 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:07 am

That's a good shout. The money we lost on the Haller deal must pale into insignificance when set against what we paid for Carroll, transfer fee and salary, and Wilshere, who I imagine was paid a king's ransom because he came on a free. Ana apparently we paid a small fortune for Joe Hart as well.

They all worked well, didn't they. :lol:
Makes you wonder how they ever made their fortunes doesn't it.
Probably a fair chunk came back in from selling some old football ground on the sly in some dirty underhanded deal that he thinks he has fooled us all.... ;)

palerider

Post by palerider »

There was nothing of note available so I'm glad Sully kept his powder dry for the spending spree in the summer.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Talk about throw Moyes under the bus :lol:

https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... w-19749082
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

jameskel wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:53 am Vunerable women
Or venereal ones.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Have we missed Haller have we fuck
Replacing that plank of wood with some of them offerings that were bandied about was fucking crazy
When Antonio’s strings go pop hope the young fella steps up to the mark until then it’s business as usual.

Onwards and upwards.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:03 pm Have we missed Haller have we fuck
Replacing that plank of wood with some of them offerings that were bandied about was fucking crazy
When Antonio’s strings go pop hope the young fella steps up to the mark until then it’s business as usual.

Onwards and upwards.
agree mate

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm not defending the little shitcunt. If I had the power to order the slag locked up in a hell-hole for life I'd tell them not to bother with a key.

But If there really was nobody available who the Messiah felt could improve us then what was the point of spending for the sake of it ?

All sorts of names were banded about but how many of them were either realistic or just little snippets put out by agents trying to get a bit of interest going and to earn them a swift buck ? And we don't know if the stunted fucker did actually give Bugsy a couple of forwards he COULD get but was told in no uncertain terms to do one, with bulging big eyes and spittle dripping from his woad encrusted mouth.

Moyes fucked up against the victims and he did against Brighton, but he's not been at fault apart from that so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. And if Micky's hammy goes then the false 9 is an option. It's not as if we're short of talented players who can play that role. And although I've not seen the boy Mipo play, maybe he really is the real thing.

And if it goes wrong then I have the comforting fall-back of calling him a clueless Jock cunt dinosaur not fit to lace Alan Pardew's shoes.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:23 am Talk about throw Moyes under the bus :lol:

The fact Moyes has been quoted a lot in that is a worry. Yeah I heard the scummy owners had come out and said he had £20mil - £30mil to spend. That was definitely throwing under the bus. But if those quotes on Moyes are correct then he’s got himself to blame too
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:39 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:23 am Talk about throw Moyes under the bus :lol:

The fact Moyes has been quoted a lot in that is a worry. Yeah I heard the scummy owners had come out and said he had £20mil - £30mil to spend. That was definitely throwing under the bus. But if those quotes on Moyes are correct then he’s got himself to blame too
Couldn’t agree more Jay
Bring back Jonathon !