The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:30 am
Castiron wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:46 pm
Absolute rubbish and you know it, but I don't expect you to admit when you're wrong.
You normally love telling people how long you've been watching football, think new contacts are required mate.
I dont think how long I have been watching football bears any relevance here given the red card rules have changed dozens of times in the last few years. Maybe you are comparing todays game to the 70s or 80s which would not be the first time on here but I am merely interpreting that tackle based on today's rules.

Well if the red card is overturned I am happy to admit I am wrong but I can't seem to find the link....if you can post it that would be great.

Like I said, the way they define out of control is exactly what happened here with studs up regardless of the reasons for it and therefore that was why it was red. I didn't make up the rule that upsets you so much but it is there and that is why their own coach said it was the right decision. Maybe you think you know more than him but he is a professional coach and it was his own player so I will probably take his opinion over yours. Odd that though, maybe he needs contacts as well ? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the mitigating factors you mention are probably correct but the fact is that that it makes no difference to the reason he got a red given the rules that are in place as they dont look at these.

Its only my opinion on why the red was given and really no need for you to get so hot under the collar. You are welcome to disagree with me, their coach and UEFA, it makes no odds to me. If it has been overturned then I am happy to say I misinterpreted it.
Certainly not hot under the collar, just thought that someone I thought knows how the game of competitive football is played would have seen that there was no I intention to hurt the other player, he was merely going for the ball and won the ball clearly and fairly in my eyes, and a few professionals who have played the game, Lineker being one, also thought it was a rediculous decision to send him off.
The Sweden coach is pointing to the rules, not the fact that it was a dangerous challenge, and by the letter of the rediculous rules, his player had to be sent off.
It won't be overturned, obviously, but that still doesn't make it a dangerous tackle.
As Gandalf says, watch the actual video, not the stills that VAR are watching.
Last edited by Castiron on Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

DanishHammer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:46 pm He hit the ball (and the leg) with his studs, not just his foot (which is what you normally kick a ball with)
I think that sums up the difference between that challenge and the Balbuena one very nicely.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:05 am
DanishHammer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:46 pm He hit the ball (and the leg) with his studs, not just his foot (which is what you normally kick a ball with)
I think that sums up the difference between that challenge and the Balbuena one very nicely.
Probably mate, and although I think in general the refereeing in this competition has been pretty decent compared to the premier League, there is still inconsistent decisions.
As I said, Calvin Phillips went over the top on Kroos, I think it was, and that was a far worse challenge than the one the other night, but maybe because Kroos ankle didn't bend backwards, it was only a yellow.
Also, if you look at Rice's yellow the other day, the German player throws his right leg to the right to make contact with Rice's foot to win the free kick, now thankfully the ref was on our side a bit, as he may have given a red in that circumstance, but if he knew how the game is played, he would have told the German cunt to get up and stop fucking about, whilst putting him in the book for diving.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:17 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:05 am

Probably mate, and although I think in general the refereeing in this competition has been pretty decent compared to the premier League, there is still inconsistent decisions.
As I said, Calvin Phillips went over the top on Kroos, I think it was, and that was a far worse challenge than the one the other night, but maybe because Kroos ankle didn't bend backwards, it was only a yellow.
Also, if you look at Rice's yellow the other day, the German player throws his right leg to the right to make contact with Rice's foot to win the free kick, now thankfully the ref was on our side a bit, as he may have given a red in that circumstance, but if he knew how the game is played, he would have told the German cunt to get up and stop fucking about, whilst putting him in the book for diving.
I think what saved Rice from a red card was the presence of another covering defender. I think it was Kyle Walker.

h69

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:03 am
h69 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:30 am

I dont think how long I have been watching football bears any relevance here given the red card rules have changed dozens of times in the last few years. Maybe you are comparing todays game to the 70s or 80s which would not be the first time on here but I am merely interpreting that tackle based on today's rules.

Well if the red card is overturned I am happy to admit I am wrong but I can't seem to find the link....if you can post it that would be great.

Like I said, the way they define out of control is exactly what happened here with studs up regardless of the reasons for it and therefore that was why it was red. I didn't make up the rule that upsets you so much but it is there and that is why their own coach said it was the right decision. Maybe you think you know more than him but he is a professional coach and it was his own player so I will probably take his opinion over yours. Odd that though, maybe he needs contacts as well ? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the mitigating factors you mention are probably correct but the fact is that that it makes no difference to the reason he got a red given the rules that are in place as they dont look at these.

Its only my opinion on why the red was given and really no need for you to get so hot under the collar. You are welcome to disagree with me, their coach and UEFA, it makes no odds to me. If it has been overturned then I am happy to say I misinterpreted it.
Certainly not hot under the collar, just thought that someone I thought knows how the game of competitive football is played would have seen that there was no I intention to hurt the other player, he was merely going for the ball and won the ball clearly and fairly in my eyes, and a few professionals who have played the game, Lineker being one, also thought it was a rediculous decision to send him off.
The Sweden coach is pointing to the rules, not the fact that it was a dangerous challenge, and by the letter of the rediculous rules, his player had to be sent off.
It won't be overturned, obviously, but that still doesn't make it a dangerous tackle.
As Gandalf says, watch the actual video, not the stills that VAR are watching.
Thats exactly it. You are railing at the rule. Whether the rule is right is another story but it is there, the player knew the rules so it was an atrocious tackle as he must have known he would get a red for a high studs showing tackle like that.

As someone who has watched the game a lot I know what the rules are now compared to what they were like in the past and he got a red because his studs were up and his foot was high. Any mitigation is irrelevant and intent makes no difference other than to change the offence from dangerous to reckless both of which are red card offences. they would argue that if he was in control he would have not shown his studs but he did.

I saw the tackle on video and I stand by my original comment. He should have kept his foot down and so it was an atrocious tackle given he must know the rules even if you dont.

All the rest is just noise. Yes, Lineker said it was not a red but he also said we should all house an immigrant :lol: Lyjungberg said it was a red....it is a game of opinions but I think that the tackle deserved a red given the rules that exist.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:48 am
Castiron wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:17 am
I think what saved Rice from a red card was the presence of another covering defender. I think it was Kyle Walker.
Agree with both of these. The German was cute in putting his leg across him knowing Rice had got himself caught out but there was cover so it was never a red.

h69

Post by h69 »

Yup. 'Studs up' as they say......very silly.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

You show your studs when you do a bicycle kick, with numerous players around you, which is far more dangerous to your opponent.
Nothing given?.
I'll leave it there,

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:12 am You show your studs when you do a bicycle kick, with numerous players around you, which is far more dangerous to your opponent.
Nothing given?.
I'll leave it there,
The oddity of the rule is that dangerous play is only dangerous when there are other players in the vicinity. So, as you say, a bicycle kick when surrounded by other players is potentially dangerous. But in other circumstances might be totally safe as other players aren't within striking distance. Might sound obvious but when a decision needs to be made in the spur of the moment errors of judgment. can be made.

I think I can understand what Paolo Maldini meant when he said if he had to make a tackle he'd already made a mistake.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:12 am You show your studs when you do a bicycle kick, with numerous players around you, which is far more dangerous to your opponent.
Nothing given?.
I'll leave it there,
One of those sticks out for me when watching Man Utd vs Man City a couple of years back. Rooney scored a beaut of a goal with an overhead but Micah Richards was also going in for the header. I deemed that to be dangerous play but figured coz it was Rooney for United, that’s why every cunt and his dog chose to suck him off and worship the granny shagging cunt
COYI!!!