West Ham and the C word

Chat about anything football related here!
1985whu

West Ham and the C word

Post by 1985whu »

Consistency. We've never really had it in spades have we? Why? I'm not talking about going on an unbeaten run (although that would be nice), I'm talking about consistently playing well, with plenty of effort. Don't mind if we lose as long as we've had a right old go and performed to our maximum from the players available.

Why don't we ever seem to be able to be consistent for more than a small handful of games? It does my swede in. Yes I know we get injuries but so do all clubs. Are there other factors like perhaps team moral with the Arnie saga? Fitness? Stamina?

How many times as a West Ham supporter have you seen a great performance, beating the likes of Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea in recent years, or like against Liverpool on Monday only to see a deflated performance in the next game? Countless times.

That's why I'm not confident about Palace. Unless they are off the boil. The only thing we are consistent at is inconsistency. When will it ever change?

hd1

Re: West Ham and the C word

Post by hd1 »

I thought this was going to be another discussion about numbers

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

hd1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:26 pm I thought this was going to be another discussion about numbers
:lol: :lol: :lol: ....He's gone awfully quiet......probably waiting on a bad day at the office tomorrow, for us to suffer again.

Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

hd1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:26 pm I thought this was going to be another discussion about numbers
He is consistently a cunt :D

Noni

Post by Noni »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:34 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: ....He's gone awfully quiet......probably waiting on a bad day at the office tomorrow, for us to suffer again.
He does have that knack when we do awful to show up. :D

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

1985whu wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 pm Consistency. We've never really had it in spades have we? Why? I'm not talking about going on an unbeaten run (although that would be nice), I'm talking about consistently playing well, with plenty of effort. Don't mind if we lose as long as we've had a right old go and performed to our maximum from the players available.

Why don't we ever seem to be able to be consistent for more than a small handful of games? It does my swede in. Yes I know we get injuries but so do all clubs. Are there other factors like perhaps team moral with the Arnie saga? Fitness? Stamina?

How many times as a West Ham supporter have you seen a great performance, beating the likes of Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea in recent years, or like against Liverpool on Monday only to see a deflated performance in the next game? Countless times.

That's why I'm not confident about Palace. Unless they are off the boil. The only thing we are consistent at is inconsistency. When will it ever change?

Thing is as well, we're inconsistent during games,we win games,but we never really dominate
a game....that's been forever ,not just now....we seem to play one half,usually the 2nd,sometimes
1st.....but sometimes it's like watching 2 different sides.....just hope we do enough in the half
we're on top...I think we lose games we shoulda won...and win games we shoulda lost,more
than any club out there....Strange one that :lol: ....and like I said it's not a new thing.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

1985whu wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 pm Consistency. We've never really had it in spades have we? Why? I'm not talking about going on an unbeaten run (although that would be nice), I'm talking about consistently playing well, with plenty of effort. Don't mind if we lose as long as we've had a right old go and performed to our maximum from the players available.

Hello mate, hope you're well.

I'm not at all superstitious in every day life but the problem you highlighted makes me wonder.

Gypsy curses, lucky pants or was it that time I told the old trout in the street to stick her lucky heather where the sun don't shine?

I remember in the 90s being convinced that I was the sole problem behind West Hams woes such was my run of attendance during defeats.

In recent times I blamed Wokingham Hammer but having attended a win with him I can confirm he's not the source of the shitness.

Maybe we're just shite and always will be.

Amen.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Remember a game when I was a kid, first half WH played out of their skin against Stoke 3-0, I was thinking if it wasn't for Banks in goal we would have been 5 or 6 up, and thought we'd go on to post a cricket score. Second half we let in 4 and lost; some really soft efforts as well.

The other thing the attached video shows is how twitchy really had pace (not much else to be fair), weird how his son was the complete opposite.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... -city-1967

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 am

Thing is as well, we're inconsistent during games,we win games,but we never really dominate
a game....that's been forever ,not just now....we seem to play one half,usually the 2nd,sometimes
1st.....but sometimes it's like watching 2 different sides.....just hope we do enough in the half
we're on top...I think we lose games we shoulda won...and win games we shoulda lost,more
than any club out there....Strange one that :lol: ....and like I said it's not a new thing.
I agree,we never really dominate a game,that is where we need an all round box to box midfield player.

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:23 am

Hello mate, hope you're well.

I'm not at all superstitious in every day life but the problem you highlighted makes me wonder.

Gypsy curses, lucky pants or was it that time I told the old trout in the street to stick her lucky heather where the sun don't shine?

I remember in the 90s being convinced that I was the sole problem behind West Hams woes such was my run of attendance during defeats.

In recent times I blamed Wokingham Hammer but having attended a win with him I can confirm he's not the source of the shitness.

Maybe we're just shite and always will be.

Amen.
Hello mate, I'm good thanks me old mucker. Hope all's well with you.

Our inconsistency could very well be for any of the aforementioned reasons, but I'm glad that Wokingham Hammer has been cleared of all blame.

If we lose this afternoon I will totally blame our 3rd kit. That horrible dirty white affair that looks like it's been made from recycled dishcloths. Even if we're not wearing it, it will be the cause.