West Ham and the C word

Chat about anything football related here!
Chicken Runner

Re: West Ham and the C word

Post by Chicken Runner »

Great thread 1985.
We have had mny inconsisitent teams over the years this is true.
However it's the total capitulation that I don't understand. A bad day at the office...i get it. But to go from Mgnificent performance to not being able to pass the ball, control the ball, or find a player in the same shirt, the basics that any self respecting pro should have it really does defy any logic. You cannot say it's the manager, purchases, strategy, owners, stadium, even the curse of the Boleyn etc...we know on it's day, this team can beat anyone in the league. I even blamed Bubbles as I see it as a mass affirmation of expected failure. But is this superstition or is this a negative collective conciousness?? I leave you to decide.
So what is it?
In the meantime we are left to suffer the fate of the premise of your excellent thread.

I'm calling for a win today against Palace but after that fantastic performance against the leaders, I'm sure none of us will be surprised to see another dire performance.
Have a good day lads!! COYI"s!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

It was that bloody kit again!!

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

Chicken Runner wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:24 pm Great thread 1985.
However it's the total capitulation that I don't understand. A bad day at the office...i get it. But to go from Mgnificent performance to not being able to pass the ball, control the ball, or find a player in the same shirt, the basics that any self respecting pro should have it really does defy any logic. You cannot say it's the manager, purchases, strategy, owners, stadium, even the curse of the Boleyn etc...we know on it's day, this team can beat anyone in the league. I even blamed Bubbles as I see it as a mass affirmation of expected failure. But is this superstition or is this a negative collective conciousness?? I leave you to decide.
So what is it?
In the meantime we are left to suffer the fate of the premise of your excellent thread.

I'm calling for a win today against Palace but after that fantastic performance against the leaders, I'm sure none of us will be surprised to see another dire performance.
" I even blamed Bubbles as I see it as a mass affirmation of expected failure."

LOL. Funny you say that cos my wife over the years has always gone on about why we sing a song which, by it's nature, she says is pessimistic and negative.

Of course, I still wouldn't change it for another song lol

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

1985whu wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:33 pm
Chicken Runner wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:24 pm Great thread 1985.
So what is it?

LOL. Funny you say that cos my wife over the years has always gone on about why we sing a song which, by it's nature, she says is pessimistic and negative.

Don’t . You’ll start him off again ffs :roll:
Bring back Jonathon !

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm
1985whu wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Have I missed something? :?: :)

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

1985whu wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:28 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Have I missed something? :?: :)
Only a lung bursting rendition of Bubbles from our very own member and lifelong West Ham supporter....please lets hear it for......Whiskyman