The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

Re: The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Post by thomasswe »

good luck at WBA grady..

would have liked to have him in the squad but his chances would likely have been more limited this season with the Signing of Fornals and Lanzini and Yarmolenko being back to full fitness

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:55 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:05 am

FFS mate my bother.? That bloke knows no more than the rest of us.
Yeah I know that old son especially since our transfer policy changed for the better .

I do enjoy the transfer window though . Imo sorting the possibly truthful links from the “ Gary Medel to Hammers” links is all part of the fun .

Ex doesn’t seem to have lifted the lid on anything I didn’t know already and I posted about the Argie fella a couple of days ago after a nod from the same fella I get my horsey info from so I know it’s been mentioned to me in good faith.

Whether the deal happens today or not the fella fits the profile of recent Husillos & Pellegrini signings and there IS definite interest , I just reckon the money’s run out.
£60m+ net spend dontcha know ... all hail the saviours G & S :D
Where does the figure 60m net come from?
We've paid for 4 players. Arnautovic's fee offset Fornals signing, Obiang paid for Ajeti and Perez's fee did for Cardoso. That leaves the £40m for Haller, minus the 6m we got for Fernandes, and any other bits and pieces. Even if you factor in Haller's add ons and take it up to £45m that's still a net spend of no more than 40m.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

boxman

Post by boxman »

couldn't care less if we spend 100m or 20m.. only about improving the starting 11 and the squad

haller and fornals are both massive for us will be ever-present in our starting lineup

we have another game changer in wilshere

got rid of the disruptive forces in the squad and cleared almost all of the deadwood (hernandez being borderline)

reduced the average age and wage and also improved fitness and attitude

extremely productive window imho, not only have we improved in just about every area we've put the club in a much better financial space which will give us more options going forward

boxman

Post by boxman »

out of our main competitors (positions 6 - 10) who had a better window than us?

not many imho

palerider

Post by palerider »

boxman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 am out of our main competitors (positions 6 - 10) who had a better window than us?

not many imho
I'll reserve judgement for a while.

Obviously we needed replacements up front and I'm more than happy with Haller and Ajeti, but the ball winning midfielder we so desperately needed didn't arrive, just as last summer. Yes we have Sanchez, but he's nowhere near good enough and wouldn't be even if he was 10 years younger and not injury-prone.

So it will be like a ride at Alton Towers I think with some big highs but equally big lows.

And in January if MP wants to redress the situation we'll be held over a barrel.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Pellegrini had said he has two players for each position, which likely means he only wants to play one cdm (Rice/Sanchez) and a "regular" cm alongside him (Wilshere/Noble) with 3 attacking midfielders infront of those two.

The formation is either a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1

and additional dcm would mean to drop the acm or the wilshere/noble role completely.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

boxman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:31 am couldn't care less if we spend 100m or 20m.. only about improving the starting 11 and the squad

haller and fornals are both massive for us will be ever-present in our starting lineup

we have another game changer in wilshere

got rid of the disruptive forces in the squad and cleared almost all of the deadwood (hernandez being borderline)

reduced the average age and wage and also improved fitness and attitude

extremely productive window imho, not only have we improved in just about every area we've put the club in a much better financial space which will give us more options going forward
Spot on IMO. Too many on here obsessed with how much money is spent and not who it’s spent on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The two goalies aside a refreshing change from the usual has beens and old cunts we are normally served up.

Hopefully all will gel.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

boxman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 am out of our main competitors (positions 6 - 10) who had a better window than us?

not many imho
Sorry, I disagree, I think we bought the wrong players. IMHO
Haller, maybe he will turn out OK
Fornals , waste of time should have bought a DM, we already have enough flair players.
Ajeti, would sooner have kept Perez and improved the defence, we have been letting in goals for fun, ever since MP took over and still are.