The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Post by Flairon »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:32 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Despite his young tender age, the centre back will part of the first-team squad and encouraged to push for the third-place spot behind Issa Diop and Fabian Balbuena. Angelo Ogbonna and Winston Reid could quickly find themselves dropping down the pecking order.

Don't you know our defensive problems are at the back so I am told , and not the lack of a dynamic partner for Rice , and I am pretty sure if the owners wanted they could find a few million to go get one ..
Our defensive problems Clay start from the middle of the park. If you haven't got any bite and pace in there, opposing teams can walk up to your defence and help themselves. And thus the defence are under pressure straight away. Any decent side in the past have always had a midfielder who is used as a shield for his defence, i.e. Roy Keane, Patrick viera and more recently Rohnaldinho at Man City and Henderson at Liverpool. Not technically gifted players but very good at protecting their defences. We have an ageing mark Noble a Chilean whose championship standard and young Declan.
We need more in the middle imho.
Whilst I agree that we need more bite in the middle of the park, is the role you so aptly described, not they one that Declan Rice is being groomed for?
Flairon

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Flairon wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:16 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Our defensive problems Clay start from the middle of the park. If you haven't got any bite and pace in there, opposing teams can walk up to your defence and help themselves. And thus the defence are under pressure straight away. Any decent side in the past have always had a midfielder who is used as a shield for his defence, i.e. Roy Keane, Patrick viera and more recently Rohnaldinho at Man City and Henderson at Liverpool. Not technically gifted players but very good at protecting their defences. We have an ageing mark Noble a Chilean whose championship standard and young Declan.
We need more in the middle imho.
Whilst I agree that we need more bite in the middle of the park, is the role you so aptly described, not they one that Declan Rice is being groomed for?
Flairon , Pellegrini has described Rice as the best young DM in Britain I would tend to agree and as you say that is what he is being groomed as , and Wilshere as our Pirlo :roll: .
But as I have stated in another thread Pellegrini has always played with 2 holding players in front of a back four , not only to breakdown the oppositions attack but to cover the runs of our fullbacks , and to initiate attacks . Not sure Rice can cover both fullbacks with the other duties he has , and I doubt Sanchez/Noble have the legs to do it , I hate to say it but I just dont think Wilshere is that type of player . I hope I am proved wrong , because what do I know Pellegrini is the man . But I can see it being one of those seasons where we may score a few and play some lovely football in the opposition half , but the opposition will score more .

palerider

Post by palerider »

West Ham are in talks to sign Swiss forward Albian Ajeti for £8m.

Manuel Pellegrini is hoping for some late moves. Hopefully a midfield enforcer.

Bilic out.

boxman

Post by boxman »

palerider wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:02 pm Manuel Pellegrini is hoping for some late moves. Hopefully a midfield enforcer.
think we'll get a reserve striker and defender

would be close to a perfect window if we can also bring in an energetic midfielder who is strong defensively - i'd settle for a very limited passer at this stage

xander out
reid out?

would leave us with 2 more spots before we reach our foreign player cap, cant have much more than 15m euro left for the lot, you'd think husillos can work with that

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

CARDOSO'S 'DREAM COME TRUE'

West Ham say they beat off competition from "a number of top European clubs" to land 18-year-old centre-back Goncalo Cardoso from Primeira Liga club Boavista.

Cardoso, whose five-deal contract includes the option to extend for a further year, was part of the Portugal side which finished runners-up at the U19 European Championships in July.

"I am very excited and it’s a dream come true," the teenager told the club's official website. "I always dreamt of coming to England and now I’m here at this big, historic club, so I’m very happy."

boxman

Post by boxman »

icardoso now confirmed whufc_crest

good to have another able body in, claims he is an aggressive player who likes to build from the back, u19 international who'll be eager to take his chance when it comes

ajeti next? bit of a funny one, would of though we'd look at someone who is more haller than hernandez

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Dagger wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:27 pm CARDOSO'S 'DREAM COME TRUE'

West Ham say they beat off competition from "a number of top European clubs" to land 18-year-old centre-back Goncalo Cardoso from Primeira Liga club Boavista.

Cardoso, whose five-deal contract includes the option to extend for a further year, was part of the Portugal side which finished runners-up at the U19 European Championships in July.

"I am very excited and it’s a dream come true," the teenager told the club's official website. "I always dreamt of coming to England and now I’m here at this big, historic club, so I’m very happy."
I like the look of this kid. Not afraid to get stuck in, and reads the game well for someone so young.
Welcome Goncalo.

palerider

Post by palerider »

boxman wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:09 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:02 pm Manuel Pellegrini is hoping for some late moves. Hopefully a midfield enforcer.
think we'll get a reserve striker and defender

would be close to a perfect window if we can also bring in an energetic midfielder who is strong defensively - i'd settle for a very limited passer at this stage

xander out
reid out?

would leave us with 2 more spots before we reach our foreign player cap, cant have much more than 15m euro left for the lot, you'd think husillos can work with that
I'd still love us to go in for Isaac Hayden.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Welcome Goncalo, I love a left footed CB. :D

palerider

Post by palerider »

That's Diop sold on Thursday to pay for the extension at dwarf towers then.