West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our excellent win at The Toilet Seat Stadium, I was very pleased how West Ham performed from one end to another except frustration at Anderson as he kept giving the ball away so often during the attack and need improvement which is only 1 grey area.

Our last home game of the season against Southampton will be a little harder as Southampton, who is almost safe need at least a point so we need to perform as we did against Tottenham, plus Anderson to learn not to give the ball away when during the attack.

I fully expect the squad to be the same.....Lanzini and Chico could be back by the bench.

Fabianski

Frederick
Diop
Bulbuena
Masuaku

Noble
Rice
Snodgrass
Anderson

Antonio
Arnautovic

Prediction:

West Ham whufc_crest whufc_crest
Southampton whufc_crest

Let finish strongly and hope for a 10th place at least as Watford are away to Chelsea and hope they will lose plus we have good chance to beat them on final day if we played the SAME CONSISTANCY which we need to do to keep on top level AT ALL TIME!! That what Pellegrini is looking for from now on.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Brookbonds73

Re: West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Point of order Ibby, Saints are safe mate

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Of the teams above us that we can mathematically catch, Leicester has Citeh & the Plastics, Everton have Burnley & the Spuds, and we play Watford.

So if we win both games and get some luck, 9th is still on! Given injuries and cunt linos, that would be impressive imho.
#fuckqatar2022

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hammertime wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:30 pm Of the teams above us that we can mathematically catch, Leicester has Citeh & the Plastics, Everton have Burnley & the Spuds, and we play Watford.

So if we win both games and get some luck, 9th is still on! Given injuries and cunt linos, that would be impressive imho.
Probably means something to the dwarf because of the extra merit money but personally I'd rather see Pellegrini have a look at any of the kids he might be thinking of promoting to the first team pool. Assuming there are some of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

I feel a spanking coming on......... :lol: .........5-0 ....

Nah serious I really do....Last homer...gonna be so pissed wont remember it anyway.

Ibby....Anderson.. leave it out...I've got tunnel vision when it comes to him, he's Brilliant,rest of
em not on his wavelength...that's my excuse anyway... :lol:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 pm I feel a spanking coming on......... :lol: .........5-0 ....

Nah serious I really do....Last homer...gonna be so pissed wont remember it anyway.

Ibby....Anderson.. leave it out...I've got tunnel vision when it comes to him, he's Brilliant,rest of
I'm with you on that MK....the vision of Andersons passing is great, he has a low pass completion rate % because of exactly what you have stated, the others are not on the same wavelength. Ok there are the occasional lazy passes but all in all every time he gets the ball I think there is going to be a killer ball from him. Next season we will see a real Anderson, if we get the chance of bringing players of the same quality in.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 pm I feel a spanking coming on......... :lol: .........5-0 ....

I'm with you on that MK....the vision of Andersons passing is great, he has a low pass completion rate % because of exactly what you have stated, the others are not on the same wavelength. Ok there are the occasional lazy passes but all in all every time he gets the ball I think there is going to be a killer ball from him. Next season we will see a real Anderson, if we get the chance of bringing players of the same quality in.
Yeah whats around you makes all the difference..
Would imagine there'll be people sniffing around mate,hoping what should be a 50 mill+ price tag
will keep em away....but if he wants to leave...def be gone year after,if another season like this one.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

hd1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:56 pm Point of order Ibby, Saints are safe mate
Just realised that.... :lol: :lol:

Need 6 points from final 2 games to finish top 10
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I have a suspicion Arnie won't be fit.