PL Fixtures - Announced on Thursday

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

PL Fixtures - Announced on Thursday

Post by ToneLoc »

Let’s hope we can get a reasonable opening half dozen games for once.
I know that, ultimately we have to play everyone but it’s shite having to keep playing catch up after a raft of early season arse-rapings.

Sheffield United at home first game, Saturday 3pm would be a belter !!!
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Re: PL Fixtures - Announced on Thursday

Post by Whiskyman »

Developing the conspiracy theory further stating the obvious there are 6 top 6 teams which leaves 13 others excluding us. So there's nearly a 33% chance (1 in 3) we'll play a top 6 team. Last season we actually played 3 of them in our first 6 so the conspirators may have a point. There actually IS a conspiracy against West Ham. :o

Until we look at the previous 2 seasons. 2016/17 we played Chelsea & City. Which mathematically is what you'd expect. But wait. !! In 2017/18 we only played Man United of the top clubs in the first 6 games. So I guess that conspiracy must mean the anti West Ham faction within the PL want to keep all our hard games to the end of the season to ensure we struggle for points during the run in. :?

Personally I'd rather see the so called hard games come relatively early. I've rarely seen a long distance race where the early front runner goes on to finish near the front. More often than not it's the person, or the horse, who's the tail end Charlie at the first turn who comes through with a flourish at the end. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 pm Developing the conspiracy theory further stating the obvious there are 6 top 6 teams which leaves 13 others excluding us. So there's nearly a 33% chance (1 in 3) we'll play a top 6 team. Last season we actually played 3 of them in our first 6 so the conspirators may have a point. There actually IS a conspiracy against West Ham. :o

Until we look at the previous 2 seasons. 2016/17 we played Chelsea & City. Which mathematically is what you'd expect. But wait. !! In 2017/18 we only played Man United of the top clubs in the first 6 games. So I guess that conspiracy must mean the anti West Ham faction within the PL want to keep all our hard games to the end of the season to ensure we struggle for points during the run in. :?

Personally I'd rather see the so called hard games come relatively early. I've rarely seen a long distance race where the early front runner goes on to finish near the front. More often than not it's the person, or the horse, who's the tail end Charlie at the first turn who comes through with a flourish at the end. ;)
I'm as stiff as a board here.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 pm I've rarely seen a long distance race where the early front runner goes on to finish near the front. More often than not it's the person, or the horse, who's the tail end Charlie at the first turn who comes through with a flourish at the end. ;)
Your logic sits on solid ground until the comparison of persons and horses to WHUFC :lol:
That said... certainly last season at least, we DID finish the season almost as well as we started it badly.
I must admit that our little sprint finish really surprised me.
It was a pleasant surprise.
Yeah....."United"

Towie

Post by Towie »

The last 5 seasons we have opened with a top 6 team, I suspect no other club has had that in the PL.

Bad luck my Arse.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Do we play Man City in China ?

Just to get us used to the butt fuck we'll get at the Etihad first up next season .
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Away to Man City in 1st game is 100% correctness.

Home against Sheff Utd in 2nd game.

Away to Tottenham in 3rd game

Home against Leicester City on 4th game.

Away to Chelsea on Boxing Day.

Away to Wolves on last day.

The above is 99% chance that I am correct.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 pm Away to Man City in 1st game is 100% correctness.

Home against Sheff Utd in 2nd game.

Away to Tottenham in 3rd game

Home against Leicester City on 4th game.

Away to Chelsea on Boxing Day.

Away to Wolves on last day.

The above is 99% chance that I am correct.
You're not a betting man by any chance are you Ibb ? ;)
Yeah....."United"

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

First game could be anyone from nineteen teams.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Watford Away I heard. ;)