Deal done for Pablo Fornals according to claret and hugh

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Deal done for Pablo Fornals according to claret and hugh

Post by IronsForever »

West Ham have completed a deal with Villareal for 23-year-old midfielder Pablo Fornals Claret and Hugh have been told this afternoon.

Multiple sources in Spain and England have now confirmed that the two clubs have come to an agreement for around £24m and that an announcement could happen in the next 48 hours.

Aston Villa is understood to have come in late with interest for the player causing West Ham to accelerate their deal with the Spanish club to get it over the line.

Claret and Hugh understand the player is yet to sign his contract but that could be a formality. Fornals scored just five goals and provided six assists in all competitions in 48 appearances last season as Villareal struggled.

West Ham cooled their interest in Celta Vigo midfielder Stanislav Lobotka and switched their attentions to Pablo Fornals who worked under Manuel Pellegrini and Mario Hussilos while at Malaga in their youth setup.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton

Re: Deal done for Pablo Fornals according to claret and hugh

Post by Clayton »

Finding this transfer a bit of a weird one unless we have the finances available ( which is more then was originally thought ) because we could do with a consistently fit AM or someone who can play on the left other then Anderson . Because what we really need and have done for sometime now is a more dynamic pacey creative defensive partner for Rice in front of the back four , as I cannot see Pellegrini changing the formation he has favoured above all else throughout his managerial career .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Lanzini's on his way out then.

Towie

Post by Towie »

C&H Reporting this? Think I’ll wait for official word first before believing this.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 pm Lanzini's on his way out then.
Has to be.
Pellegrini plays TWO DM’s when he has 2 available and Sanchez is too slow , Noble & Snodgrass not good enough (in that particular role) .
So I expect Cueller , a striker a loan or 2 and a South American punt.
Bring back Jonathon !

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 pm Lanzini's on his way out then.
Has to be.
Pellegrini plays TWO DM’s when he has 2 available and Sanchez is too slow , Noble & Snodgrass not good enough (in that particular role) .
If Lanzini is on his way out , then i don,t see this guy as a step up .
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

Don't quite get the lanzini love in with West Ham fans, he's had a few good games a few stinkers, been dogshit since his return from injury no real loss if he wants out like I'm hearing much better players about

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

IronsForever wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:20 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Has to be.
If Lanzini is on his way out , then i don,t see this guy as a step up .
If Lanzini gets back to his best then the jury’s out .

But if we get more of what we had recently ?

Sound like he wants out anyway so if that’s the case then good riddance fuck him off .

As for this Fornals fella , I’m a bit concerned that he had a relatively shit season compared to the year before so we’ll have to see (if it happens).
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Nothing like a good bit of competitive competition for places in the first 11. Mr P is building a squad, something we haven't had for a long time. Lanzini now has competition from both Wilshire and Fornals. This opens the door for Obiang, Snodgrass and Sanchez to part company. Cuellar will come in and will either play alongside Rice against the top teams or will compete against Rice for the DM spot against the so called lesser teams with one of the CM playing in the Noble role. Going to be interesting next 14 days though, I would still look at bringing in a fullback to replace either Cresswell or Arthur. Forwards until we see who we keep, Arnie or Hernandez, or hopefully both are let go, I think Mr P will bring in someone like Gomez, who I'm not too keen on, and a couple of young up and coming strikers who can play in the U23's to get them up to pace.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Apparently the deal was done yesterday, just that my HP didn't bother to let me know :roll: