Maxi Gomez

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Maxi Gomez

Post by Gonzo »

Looks a bit average to me.

I can see the allure of The Fornicator Fornals but the more I see of Gomez the less impressed I am. £29m up front seems a bit inflated.

BlackDiamond

Re: Maxi Gomez

Post by BlackDiamond »

Looks like the lad has a choice of us or Valencia. I suppose wages will be a factor and do we have a habit of paying well - if AC was really on 130K pw...

boxman

Post by boxman »

i actually agree, i noticed a lot of his chances fall down to his quick reactions, great anticipation, the bad thing is that it's usually due to his poor touch

people like to say antonio's touch and control isn't premier league standard, the thing is that he doesn't knock it 10 yards forward because he can't bring it down like lanzini it's because he knows he'll win that 10 yard dash 9 times out of 10... ok that lanzini bit is a stretch but you get what i'm saying, his control and touch is generally pretty good..

anyway if it's pellegrinis #1 man then what do i know, he'll probably add a new dimension to the team and fit in perfectly with pellegrinis master plan and the other players in the squad

of course this could all be smoke and mirrors to push through another target :mrgreen:
Last edited by boxman on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Apparently Kris, Ole gunner fucktard wants Diop at manure for 45 mil. According to sky sports that is.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

boxman

Post by boxman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm Apparently Kris, Ole gunner fucktard wants Diop at manure for 45 mil. According to sky sports that is.
well someone is going out for sure and for a decent wedge, i hope it's arnie, we are on borrowed time with him

boxman

Post by boxman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:07 pm Looks like the lad has a choice of us or Valencia. I suppose wages will be a factor and do we have a habit of paying well - if AC was really on 130K pw...
ac was on 90 pretty sure, unless he had one of those FM match highest wage earner clauses

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I'm with Gonzo on this, from the start of the rumors last year, I kept asking myself Why? There are a lot better out there for the same price.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

I think most if us would take Haller over Gomez, but obviously Pelle and Husillos see something in him.

Diop for £45m would be a nice turnaround. We could pick up Maripan and one of the young CBs we've been linked with and still have change. Personally I'd quote them £60m and settle for £50m, those cunts can afford it. :D
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:52 pm I think most if us would take Haller over Gomez, but obviously Pelle and Husillos see something in him.

Diop for £45m would be a nice turnaround. We could pick up Maripan and one of the young CBs we've been linked with and still have change. Personally I'd quote them £60m and settle for £50m, those cunts can afford it. :D
Personally nev, I wouldn’t sell him at all, if we r to build something special I think u could do worse than build around diop. He will eventually go to much better teams
But let’s try and keep him for 2-3yrs.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:07 pm Looks like the lad has a choice of us or Valencia. I suppose wages will be a factor and do we have a habit of paying well - if AC was really on 130K pw...
AC was on 90 a week. Hernandes is on 140. Anderson 100. Arnie not sure but he got a cry baby raise from 100
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!