Feeling optimistic

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Feeling optimistic

Post by deanox »

Got to say that at the start of a new season I always hope for the best and usually get let down.
This year I am feeling a warm glow of optimism and even though we could get a hiding on Saturday feel we have the right manager and a damn good attacking team (my optimism doesn’t run to the defense) and feel we will win more than we lose playing the famous West Ham way.
Looking forward to this one COYI ⚒⚒⚒
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

OZHAMMER

Re: Feeling optimistic

Post by OZHAMMER »

I’m certain we’ll get rolled this weekend, but overall I’m optimistic that we’ll have a solid season. Looking forward to it.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

deanox wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:15 pm Got to say that at the start of a new season I always hope for the best and usually get let down.
This year I am feeling a warm glow of optimism and even though we could get a hiding on Saturday feel we have the right manager and a damn good attacking team (my optimism doesn’t run to the defense) and feel we will win more than we lose playing the famous West Ham way.
Nurse!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

All i can say is that i am not feeling the usual feeling of pesimism, though its always been mild at the begining of the season and grown further into it. Now i feel we can just comfortably motor along reaching the lofty height of 9th or 10th without too much trouble.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

i am never optimistic following this mob :D

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

West Ham and optimism don't generally go hand in hand. :|
We still haven't shaken off the habit of slow starts, which bothers me immensely.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Reasonably so. But that would rise drastically if we signed this Ascabibar geezer, although Sky are saying they expect Ajeti to be the last arrival today.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Would like to see us push on and improve on last seasons points total . Think it’s achievable but our fullbacks still scare me shitless tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

deanox wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:15 pm Got to say that at the start of a new season I always hope for the best and usually get let down.

In life generally I'm usually a pretty optimistic fella, except when it comes to West Ham. Too many years of hopes being dashed, I've become quite pessimistic through the years.

But I agree with the OP. I feel a bit different going into this season. I would say I'm optipestic.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Got to say I have always felt optimistic every season , even when we have been on bad runs or staring in the eyes of relegation I have always felt we could beat it , even when it was numerically impossible .
Recent incoming's Haller , Fornals and the more recently Ajeti have indeed improved us again under Pellegrini , they have not made me any more optimistic for the season though ..