West Ham vs Newcastle Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BCHammer

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Match Thread

Post by BCHammer »

Doesn't really matter what we think or want, Pelle will either be totally predictable or do something completely left field which makes no sense.

Snodgrass is limited, his crosses failed to meet his own players, but he has to start because he is the only one apart from the crocked Antonio who gives his all for this club - sometimes 11 players with that attitude can achieve more than those with bundles more ability.

I'd like a settled back 4, as Balbuena started the last one, start him again plus his distribution is better anyway. But Fredericks has to start, we need the mans pace.

Newcastle are crap, but they will set up like the Blades & we struggle to get anything from those teams. We need Yarmo & Pam to stick close to Haller and Cress & Fredericks to put balls in to them. Anything from Nobes or Snods through the middle is a bonus.

Roberto
Fred Diop Balbuena Cress
Rice Noble
Yarmo Snoddgrass Anderson
Haller

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:41 pm Feel a spanking coming on,think we'll turn the Geordies over...we've gotta come good sometime
with the players we have,we played poor Saturday,but still coulda netted 3,with some luck.

Be to pissed after the Rugby to know what the fuck is going on anyway..... :lol:
We are playing them at the right time - we need a romping big home win,they can't score goals or keep them out.

It's a solid 4-0 home win

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:39 am
mkhammer wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:41 pm Feel a spanking coming on,think we'll turn the Geordies over...we've gotta come good sometime
with the players we have,we played poor Saturday,but still coulda netted 3,with some luck.

Be to pissed after the Rugby to know what the fuck is going on anyway..... :lol:
We are playing them at the right time - we need a romping big home win,they can't score goals or keep them out.

It's a solid 4-0 home win
Least I was drunk in the evening BD..your drunk at 9.30 A.M...... :lol:

Nah with you mate, we'll do em...

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

I had a dream last night that I was working on one of the Florida Keys & a hurricane was coming so everyone evacuated but forgot about me as I was having a shit .

But then they all got stuck on the one road out in a traffic jam so who had the last fucking laugh, eh.

Anyway, no prediction for this week even though I got last week half right as I predicted one goal for Sheffield

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I thought we'd lose 0-1 last week. We scraped a point. So I'm happy to predict another 0-1 defeat, simply because we can't play against bus parkers. Hopefully I've called it wrong again.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Everytime we fail to get 3 points from teams around us or bottom half the more the pressure mounts to beat the next one. If we get an early goal Tomorrow it will settle the nerves . Other flip is that Brucie will set up to contain us first half. 0-0 will be their aim and then try to pick us off 2nd half as we attack more and get desperate for the win.
Interesting game for me because it will be similar to Sheff Utd. Lets hope Newcastle will come to play and open the game up.
Anderson hit a screamer of a shot that was gunning for the top corner. I fancy him to score plus Haller. 2-1 win for us.
Anything but a win and the buzzards will start calling for Pellegrinis head because we have a decent enough squad to beat these teams.
I still maintain that the players we brought in are more adapt to counter attacking football and Pellegrini is not playing the right system. We rely on wingers which is more suited for counter footy unless you have 2 very good play makers in midfield.I,d have us sitting back more and allow them to come onto us and use Lanzini, Anderson and Haller in a counter attacking sense. Didn,t Leicester win the league playing like that? Lost their way following season when Kante left and they went at teams more.
Newcastle `stle know how we are going to set up.. Yarma wide right. Anderson wide left. Haller on his own, Lanzini or Snoddy as the link trying to connect them up with Noble sitting in front of Rice. Bypass Noble and the wide players need to leg it back because their full backs are going to exploit that space behind them.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

IronsForever wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:09 pm Everytime we fail to get 3 points from teams around us or bottom half the more the pressure mounts to beat the next one. If we get an early goal Tomorrow it will settle the nerves . Other flip is that Brucie will set up to contain us first half. 0-0 will be their aim and then try to pick us off 2nd half as we attack more and get desperate for the win.
Interesting game for me because it will be similar to Sheff Utd. Lets hope Newcastle will come to play and open the game up.
Anderson hit a screamer of a shot that was gunning for the top corner. I fancy him to score plus Haller. 2-1 win for us.
Anything but a win and the buzzards will start calling for Pellegrinis head because we have a decent enough squad to beat these teams.
I still maintain that the players we brought in are more adapt to counter attacking football and Pellegrini is not playing the right system. We rely on wingers which is more suited for counter footy unless you have 2 very good play makers in midfield.I,d have us sitting back more and allow them to come onto us and use Lanzini, Anderson and Haller in a counter attacking sense. Didn,t Leicester win the league playing like that? Lost their way following season when Kante left and they went at teams more.
Newcastle `stle know how we are going to set up.. Yarma wide right. Anderson wide left. Haller on his own, Lanzini or Snoddy as the link trying to connect them up with Noble sitting in front of Rice. Bypass Noble and the wide players need to leg it back because their full backs are going to exploit that space behind them.
Bruce is basically a typical English, safety first, respect the point, manager so I don't think there's any chance he'll send his team out to play.

0-1 is my prediction. If we don't get an early goal the murmurings and rumblings of discontent will start, adding to the pressure until the inevitable Andy Carroll goal takes the points.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:01 pm
IronsForever wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:09 pm Everytime we fail to get 3 points from teams around us or bottom half the more the pressure mounts to beat the next one. If we get an early goal Tomorrow it will settle the nerves . Other flip is that Brucie will set up to contain us first half. 0-0 will be their aim and then try to pick us off 2nd half as we attack more and get desperate for the win.
Bruce is basically a typical English, safety first, respect the point, manager so I don't think there's any chance he'll send his team out to play.

0-1 is my prediction. If we don't get an early goal the murmurings and rumblings of discontent will start, adding to the pressure until the inevitable Andy Carroll goal takes the points.
Come on Mr Whisky. Last week you predicted 0-1 and this week 0-1. Thats relegation form right there.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Taansend wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:03 pm I had a dream last night that I was working on one of the Florida Keys & a hurricane was coming so everyone evacuated but forgot about me as I was having a shit .

But then they all got stuck on the one road out in a traffic jam so who had the last fucking laugh, eh.

Anyway, no prediction for this week even though I got last week half right as I predicted one goal for Sheffield
Cant recall the film but when a Hurricane was shreading the house he strapped himself to the toilet. The majority of the house went but the toilet stayed with him on it.

https://pmcfootwearnews.files.wordpress ... 437&crop=1

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

IronsForever wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:32 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:01 pm

Come on Mr Whisky. Last week you predicted 0-1 and this week 0-1. Thats relegation form right there.
And last week, happily, I was wrong. But, come on, you've seen how we've been playing and struggling against teams who park the bus. Hopefully I'll be wrong again but in all honesty I don't see where the goal, or goals, needed are coming from. We are lacking the creative spark we need at the moment. Anderson and Lanzini have largely been disappointing this season and without their flair we are very flat.