Which manager will suit West Ham Once Pellegrini retired/gone.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Which manager will suit West Ham Once Pellegrini retired/gone.

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:07 am
punkrockhammer wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:24 pm

You’re off off your fucking nut

We either have no chance of getting those managers or should have no interest in appointing them

Worse than a red top journalist short list
The number 1 to 4 we will get 1% chance of them to become West Ham next manager but the number 5 could be a 99% certain.......in year 2030 by the time he learnt his trade and if he is good enough.
So what are you saying ? The National League is waiting to welcome us with open arms. ?

Don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't trust Mark Noble to run a bath, never mind a football club.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:16 am
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:07 am
The number 1 to 4 we will get 1% chance of them to become West Ham next manager but the number 5 could be a 99% certain.......in year 2030 by the time he learnt his trade and if he is good enough.
So what are you saying ? The National League is waiting to welcome us with open arms. ?

Don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't trust Mark Noble to run a bath, never mind a football club.
Why not Whisky?

Personally have no idea whether he'd be good or not but wonder what you've seen (or haven't)

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

It seems an extreme rarity in football that clubs have specific policies towards a style of play or some form of continuity that runs from one manager to the next or from youth level to senior.
Everything is in siloes and smacks of “today”.
When Pellegrini and his entourage arrives it’s “year 0” and then counts upwards until they leave, a new manager + entourage arrives and the cycle then repeats.

I wouldn’t hold out much hope that those running the club spare too much thought on things like “identity” and “continuity” so we’re at the mercy of whoever happens to appear on their radar and is available at the time.

I’d like a younger ambitious manager who’s yet to climb the ladder but has some form of pedigree. With the money that SuGo are paying M.P this shouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility.

Combine MP’s intelligence and knowledge with Slav’s ambition and desire.... that would be something.
But would someone like that come to West Ham and work for those two?
It’s an endless conundrum.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning,
I think we missed a trick not trying to get Howe earlier, we needed a long term strategy but got a short term fix which is now coming apart at the seams.

Howes 2nd in command is a West Ham fan out of Mile End, for those who dont know where that is, its in the East End ;)

palerider

Post by palerider »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:16 am It seems an extreme rarity in football that clubs have specific policies towards a style of play or some form of continuity that runs from one manager to the next or from youth level to senior.
When Pellegrini and his entourage arrives it’s “year 0” and then counts upwards until they leave, a new manager + entourage arrives and the cycle then repeats.

I wouldn’t hold out much hope that those running the club spare too much thought on things like “identity” and “continuity” so we’re at the mercy of whoever happens to appear on their radar and is available at the time.

I’d like a younger ambitious manager who’s yet to climb the ladder but has some form of pedigree. With the money that SuGo are paying M.P this shouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility.

Combine MP’s intelligence and knowledge with Slav’s ambition and desire.... that would be something.
The Premier League, the ground, the fact that London is a huge pull. It should all be in place.

But dwarfy and dribbly do hold us back. I'm not slagging off MP but he left a mid-table Chinese club to come here for the money and a last hoorah.

Yes, an up and coming younger manager. Lee Johnson would be a good shout but it's a risk. As long as those two cunts see us hover above the drop zone while the money rolls in they're as happy as pigs in shit.

Next level ? What bollocks.

IF they sack Pellegrini it will cost them shed-loads so to make up for it they'd appoint some desperate fart who's running out of gigs on Sky commentating on Championship matches.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Taansend wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:34 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:16 am

Why not Whisky?

Personally have no idea whether he'd be good or not but wonder what you've seen (or haven't)
Pretty much everything I've read or heard about him says he's not the sharpest tool in the box. I reckon to be a manager you need to have something on the top floor. Imo Noble is a decent-ish player but doesn't strike me as management material at all.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Imo Pellegrini is doing fine , is the best that we can hope for and should be given a contract extension if for no other reason than he is able to attract half decent players.

That may be a silly reason alone but whatever way you dress it up , the footy IS better , this is just a sticky patch , would you all really want another Moyes or Cuntosaurus in charge ?

Would a Pep or Klopp or an up and coming manager really improve us or even consider working with the budget those 2 cunts provide ?

No it’s the owners lack of investment that holds us back and it always has been that way .

Difference is these 2 cunts get the tv money etc making them the worst owners we ever had , imo of course.

What’s Nagelsmann up to now ?
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:57 am Imo Pellegrini is doing fine , is the best that we can hope for and should be given a contract extension if for no other reason than he is able to attract half decent players.

That may be a silly reason alone but whatever way you dress it up , the footy IS better , this is just a sticky patch , would you all really want another Moyes or Cuntosaurus in charge ?

Would a Pep or Klopp or an up and coming manager really improve us or even consider working with the budget those 2 cunts provide ?

No it’s the owners lack of investment that holds us back and it always has been that way .

Difference is these 2 cunts get the tv money etc making them the worst owners we ever had , imo of course.

"Half decent" is only just about right because none have set the World on fire considering how many millions he has spent, apart from Fab in goal. His rigid tactics and sometimes strange substitutions don't always help either.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:43 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:57 am Imo Pellegrini is doing fine , is the best that we can hope for and should be given a contract extension if for no other reason than he is able to attract half decent players.

"Half decent" is only just about right because none have set the World on fire considering how many millions he has spent, apart from Fab in goal. His rigid tactics and sometimes strange substitutions don't always help either.
MP plays one way and that`s it.He won't change it.His very stubborn like that.You have to mix it up sometimes and this team can't do that,I'm afraid.We get a team that is physical,we struggle.

That's how it was in the Greenwood days,but when we turned it on,we really turned it on.We could smash teams out of sight.We are not seeing that with this team.

I hope I get proved wrong,but I think we will finish lower than last year.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:16 am It seems an extreme rarity in football that clubs have specific policies towards a style of play or some form of continuity that runs from one manager to the next or from youth level to senior.

"Combine MP’s intelligence and knowledge " ? from what I have seen he just doesn't have it anymore , his tactics are nonexistent , his substitutions are poor , he definitely doesnt have any idea how to motivate a team and he should at least have the intelligence to see that he needs to do it . Think he has even got our transfers wrong , which is why we are still having problems getting over run in midfield . Ratings out of ten is a four .
We need some youth at the helm either one of these will do for me , Lazio's Simone Inzaghi or even Marco Rose of Borussia Monchengladbach .