Which manager will suit West Ham Once Pellegrini retired/gone.

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Which manager will suit West Ham Once Pellegrini retired/gone.

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Sounds a bit like Adolf Hitler.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:12 pm Sounds a bit like Adolf Hitler.
I'm sure Adolf would have shaken the team up :D

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

Gordon Ramsay.... played a bit ....could create a menu to give em some fuckin energy... and throw some fucks into the lazy basturds.......perfect !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:25 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:31 pm 6 weeks ago he was the best manager we d had for years..has he really fallen off the wagon that much. I remember the time when you stuck with the guy for 2 or 3 seasons before he got binned. I’m well pissed off with this seasons form but just can’t see anyone else worth a punt with our budget, so would stick with the guy until Xmas...thereafter I’d have to take a view. Fuck me im as fickle as he rest.!
I'll make a prediction. I'm prepared to be shot down and I hope I am.

But if he's still in the post at Christmas we'll be in the bottom three.

We still haven't played Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Leicester yet. As for Burnley next, seeing us comically defend crosses yesterday, Burnley's main weapon, what do you think ?
I don't share the overall pessimism and fatalistic view,however concede we have been very bad for last 5 games. And we expect more.

I would imagine we would be around 8th end of December [Haller staying injury clear obviously].

This is based on available player quality and the managers past pedigree. Football is about fine margins and good form can be recovered.

The midfield can be plugged using Sanchez and Wilshere with Lanzini while Rice and Noble re charge their batteries so to speak.

Antonio is returning soon which will be a welcome fillip.

Fornals will prove his worth and justify his squad usefulness,whilst Zabaletta spends the winter revising his autobiography and supports the boys from the sidelines.

Anderson will finally start playing where he enjoys and Fabianski will return as good as new...

Call me Dave will be so chuffed he will offer the manager a contract extension because it's the way he rolls...

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:54 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:25 pm

I'll make a prediction. I'm prepared to be shot down and I hope I am.

But if he's still in the post at Christmas we'll be in the bottom three.

We still haven't played Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Leicester yet. As for Burnley next, seeing us comically defend crosses yesterday, Burnley's main weapon, what do you think ?
I don't share the overall pessimism and fatalistic view,however concede we have been very bad for last 5 games. And we expect more.

I would imagine we would be around 8th end of December [Haller staying injury clear obviously].

This is based on available player quality and the managers past pedigree. Football is about fine margins and good form can be recovered.

The midfield can be plugged using Sanchez and Wilshere with Lanzini while Rice and Noble re charge their batteries so to speak.

Antonio is returning soon which will be a welcome fillip.

Fornals will prove his worth and justify his squad usefulness,whilst Zabaletta spends the winter revising his autobiography and supports the boys from the sidelines.

Anderson will finally start playing where he enjoys and Fabianski will return as good as new...

Call me Dave will be so chuffed he will offer the manager a contract extension because it's the way he rolls...
We'll see.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:04 pm I would go for Adi Hütter at Eintract Frankfurt.

His got a very reasonable track record and his the reason why we paid £45 million for Haller.
He has won the League in Austria and Switzerland and took Frankfurt to the Semi-Finals of the Europa League last year.

He plays good football too.

Anyone?
Paying a manager off and buying another out of his contract?

Dream on

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

rather lazily havent read the whole thread, but Stevie G would be a good pick, whatever league we happen to be in when pelli retires/moves on/gets punted. Will want to come back to england at some point and has earned some spurs in scottish land, which essentially i would guess is like the championship. Seems determined ,capable and has walked the walk and more importantly young.

I think we could offer him a project with potential and a reasonable kitty.

I would much prefer pelli to succeed than not and be with us for a few years and hand over a successful club to a successor..just not sure anyone has that sort of time these days.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:38 pm rather lazily havent read the whole thread, but Stevie G would be a good pick, whatever league we happen to be in when pelli retires/moves on/gets punted. Will want to come back to england at some point and has earned some spurs in scottish land, which essentially i would guess is like the championship. Seems determined ,capable and has walked the walk and more importantly young.

I would much prefer pelli to succeed than not and be with us for a few years and hand over a successful club to a successor..just not sure anyone has that sort of time these days.
Nobody is going to get "a few years" in today's game mate, Success has to be immediate. Bilic's first season was good and an improvement on the season before. As was Pellegrini's. But now the wheels are falling off the demand is for change. Just as it would be if Steven Gerrard, or anyone else for that matter, was to come in.

I came to the conclusion many years ago that the only way West Ham would ever become a club consistently challenging for the top places was if an Abramovich type figure came in and did what he did at Chelsea. And that includes throwing shed loads of money at the academy, whose facilities are third world by comparison with the top London teams.

Look at the top clubs. They are the ones that spend money, sure. But they also produce talent good enough to represent their clubs in the PL. Chelsea are the flavour of the month at the moment but Arsenal seem to have unearthed one or two decent players, as have Spurs over the past few years. Liverpool and Man City have youngsters out learning the game in LaLiga and elsewhere. We've only managed to produce Tomkins and Rice good enough in recent years to make the first team. That's the big difference between us and the top boys. Our academy was once regarded as one of the best in the country. Not any more.

Correct investment could transform our stadium, if we bought the bloody thing, into a world class football venue, but can anyone seriously see that happening as long as the dwarf and the kike are drawing breath. Even longer than that if the dwarf eventually hands over the reins to his brood.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:03 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:38 pm rather lazily havent read the whole thread, but Stevie G would be a good pick, whatever league we happen to be in when pelli retires/moves on/gets punted. Will want to come back to england at some point and has earned some spurs in scottish land, which essentially i would guess is like the championship. Seems determined ,capable and has walked the walk and more importantly young.

Nobody is going to get "a few years" in today's game mate, Success has to be immediate. Bilic's first season was good and an improvement on the season before. As was Pellegrini's. But now the wheels are falling off the demand is for change. Just as it would be if Steven Gerrard, or anyone else for that matter, was to come in.

I came to the conclusion many years ago that the only way West Ham would ever become a club consistently challenging for the top places was if an Abramovich type figure came in and did what he did at Chelsea. And that includes throwing shed loads of money at the academy, whose facilities are third world by comparison with the top London teams.

Look at the top clubs. They are the ones that spend money, sure. But they also produce talent good enough to represent their clubs in the PL. Chelsea are the flavour of the month at the moment but Arsenal seem to have unearthed one or two decent players, as have Spurs over the past few years. Liverpool and Man City have youngsters out learning the game in LaLiga and elsewhere. We've only managed to produce Tomkins and Rice good enough in recent years to make the first team. That's the big difference between us and the top boys. Our academy was once regarded as one of the best in the country. Not any more.

Correct investment could transform our stadium, if we bought the bloody thing, into a world class football venue, but can anyone seriously see that happening as long as the dwarf and the kike are drawing breath. Even longer than that if the dwarf eventually hands over the reins to his brood.
Jack still looks up to his Dad and that boys horizon is always set high - he is the only family member who can pass beneath a waitress carrying a tray of drinks while out enjoying the capital nightlife.

Big things surround that boys future and he will be biting ankles to continue the type of success that have made him a household name in his own house and in BBC Three's house...