Pellegrini vs Rafa

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Pelegrino vs Rafa

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:26 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:14 pm

At last. The penny has dropped. For some at least. :D

But excuse my ignorance. Who the fuck is Lee Johnson and what does his c v look like ?
He is the manager of Bristol City and was born in Newmarket and has a dog named Spike - his cv is a two pager and in football terms is neither too thin or boastfully thick...might be something for the elite class at West Ham to digest
Thanks for that. I've now done what I should have done before and Wiki'd him. He has also managed Oldham & Barnsley and, interestingly, has never been sacked, compensation packages having been agreed between the club he's left and his new one.

Those words "compensation packages" probably put to kybosh on any approach for him from the barrow boys of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:26 pm
He is the manager of Bristol City and was born in Newmarket and has a dog named Spike - his cv is a two pager and in football terms is neither too thin or boastfully thick...might be something for the elite class at West Ham to digest
Thanks for that. I've now done what I should have done before and Wiki'd him. He has also managed Oldham & Barnsley and, interestingly, has never been sacked, compensation packages having been agreed between the club he's left and his new one.

Those words "compensation packages" probably put to kybosh on any approach for him from the barrow boys of course.
I've been to Ashton Gate a number of times since Lee Johnson has been in charge. It's my nearest league club although the much longer journey to the ILS takes a fraction of the time because of the warp-speed transport links.

On each occasion the Robins worked their socks off. In one match last season they were poor against Sheffield Wednesday, a game in which if anything went wrong it did go wrong but they never gave up trying.

He'd be a breath of fresh air but it would be a risk.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:53 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 am

I've been to Ashton Gate a number of times since Lee Johnson has been in charge. It's my nearest league club although the much longer journey to the ILS takes a fraction of the time because of the warp-speed transport links.

On each occasion the Robins worked their socks off. In one match last season they were poor against Sheffield Wednesday, a game in which if anything went wrong it did go wrong but they never gave up trying.

He'd be a breath of fresh air but it would be a risk.
Good points and he may prove to be the best thing since sliced bread. But the modern player probably doesn't respons as well to a relative "unknown", both in the playing as well as the managerial sense. Someone like Lampard can, as the saying goes "put his caps and medals on the table" but people like Johnson can't.

Not saying it's right, just the way it is. But Mourinho couldn't put any caps or medals on the table when he got the Porto gig, so people can break through the invisible barrier.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

1985whu

Re: Pellegrini vs Rafa

Post by 1985whu »

Vladnar wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 pm I wanted Rafa in the past and he's available now. I do believe Pele can turn this around and get us to where we need to be, but we need to see way more spirit in the team and players than weve seen lately BUT saying that I always did do and will want Rafa and wouldn't complain about bringing him in at all.

Either way but nothing else is of interest

Vlad
I also wanted Benitez in the past, but not now. He's in Chinese retirement land. And could you imagine him wanting Dave as his boss, after putting up with Mike Ashley?

Steven Gerrard for me. Rangers need the money. Let's poach him

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

1985whu wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:54 am
Vladnar wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 pm I wanted Rafa in the past and he's available now. I do believe Pele can turn this around and get us to where we need to be, but we need to see way more spirit in the team and players than weve seen lately BUT saying that I always did do and will want Rafa and wouldn't complain about bringing him in at all.

Either way but nothing else is of interest

Vlad
I also wanted Benitez in the past, but not now. He's in Chinese retirement land. And could you imagine him wanting Dave as his boss, after putting up with Mike Ashley?

Steven Gerrard for me. Rangers need the money. Let's poach him
Fuck no.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Funny how nobody was branding Rafa as pragmatic or boring or defensive when he was winning European cups at Liverpool ...

Or were they ?
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

If its a relegation battle then Stevie G would probably be to risky, not that much else apart from The Waiter to be fair? Can't see Moyes coming back after the way The Midget treated him.