The special one

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: The special one

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 pm
I really don’t think they’ll win anything.
My money’s on more cobwebs.
Mourinho and Tottenham + Levy? Chalk and cheese.
It’s a relationship I just can’t see lasting.
A proven winner he is but every dog has it’s day and if ever Mourinho is to have his first trophy-less club then it’s most likely to be this lot.
Who says he been given assurances? And what does that mean in real terms? This is Levy we’re talking about here.
We'll have to wait and see. But I'd be very surprised if someone with an ego as big as Mourinho's did not demand a substantial budget. Let's face it he's always had substantial backing in huis previous posts. As for what it means in real terms I agree Levy and Mourinho is a potentially combustible combination. But they are both very successful at what they do and I'd be surprised if they are not both very well aware of the problems they could potentially cause each other.

I certainly can't see Spurs reaching another CL final, nor can I see them winning the CL, but imo this appointment pretty much guarantees them top 4. They should qualify for the knockout stages of the CL so won't get a crack at the Europa League but they've suddenly become a very good bet for the consolation prize of the F A Cup. Mourinho will be desperate to put a trophy in the cabinet which pretty much guarantees Spurs will be one of the few clubs taking the early rounds of that very seriously indeed.
All of the clubs Mourinho was worked at since leaving Porto have had one thing in common....... happy to splash the cash.
Levy was shrewd and careful “before” the stratospheric costs of the toilet bowl construction. Can you really see him changing the habit of a lifetime and giving Mourinho keys to the bank vault now?
The one thing about the likes of Levy is their consistency and refusal to deviate from carefully honed practices that has got them to where they are.

Like you said Whisk, we’ll see.... but I’d be totally gobsmacked if Levy suddenly changes his spots, especially with the stadium to pay for.
Mourinho may well get 300 million to spend..... but you can bet that it’s dependent on the sale of many of those players nearing the end of their contracts.
Perhaps Kane too.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 pm
I really don’t think they’ll win anything.
My money’s on more cobwebs.
Mourinho and Tottenham + Levy? Chalk and cheese.
It’s a relationship I just can’t see lasting.
A proven winner he is but every dog has it’s day and if ever Mourinho is to have his first trophy-less club then it’s most likely to be this lot.
Who says he been given assurances? And what does that mean in real terms? This is Levy we’re talking about here.
We'll have to wait and see. But I'd be very surprised if someone with an ego as big as Mourinho's did not demand a substantial budget. Let's face it he's always had substantial backing in huis previous posts. As for what it means in real terms I agree Levy and Mourinho is a potentially combustible combination. But they are both very successful at what they do and I'd be surprised if they are not both very well aware of the problems they could potentially cause each other.

I certainly can't see Spurs reaching another CL final, nor can I see them winning the CL, but imo this appointment pretty much guarantees them top 4. They should qualify for the knockout stages of the CL so won't get a crack at the Europa League but they've suddenly become a very good bet for the consolation prize of the F A Cup. Mourinho will be desperate to put a trophy in the cabinet which pretty much guarantees Spurs will be one of the few clubs taking the early rounds of that very seriously indeed.
Said in his presser that he wont be buying in Jan and he is happy with the squad. There is a first for everything.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

LondonWelsh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 pm The timing of Mourniho's appointment is key. Daniel Levy wouldn't of been able to sack Poch on the back of convincing away win on Saturday.
Convincing away win, who they playing? Oh I see....
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............