The special one

Chat about anything football related here!
grandad

Re: The special one

Post by grandad »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:45 am Would imagine poch has something lined up...every ones happy I spect,prob happy to go.
He's def up there with the best,so be a big club...

Happy to see moanerinho back...adds to the theatre of it all,which top table footie,especially the
PL is all about now...he makes me laugh..

Was Thinking tho...bout 10 years ago or so us and Spuds were pretty much on a par with each other..
Now they're European cup Finalists,have a 60,000 purpose built stadium,can get this bloke in as their
manager...

And us we might end up in a relegation battle with Tony F.in Pullis as our Manager.... :lol:

Next level Mr Sullivan..... your in the wrong game...

Mate he had us buying newspapers with headlines like double decker bus found on moon and Karren Brady's not a cunt.............. So next level was easy 😂
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

grandad wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:14 am
mkhammer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:45 am Would imagine poch has something lined up...every ones happy I spect,prob happy to go.
He's def up there with the best,so be a big club...

Happy to see moanerinho back...adds to the theatre of it all,which top table footie,especially the
PL is all about now...he makes me laugh..

Was Thinking tho...bout 10 years ago or so us and Spuds were pretty much on a par with each other..
Now they're European cup Finalists,have a 60,000 purpose built stadium,can get this bloke in as their
manager...

And us we might end up in a relegation battle with Tony F.in Pullis as our Manager.... :lol:

Next level Mr Sullivan..... your in the wrong game...

Mate he had us buying newspapers with headlines like double decker bus found on moon and Karren Brady's not a cunt.............. So next level was easy 😂
Yes Mate...his next level and what we see as our next level are 2 completely different things...
and fuckin oceans apart..

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

A lazy appointment, just like Pellegrini and it’ll become an expensive mistake.
Mourinho’s definition of a “big club” is how many trillions they hand over to him every transfer window.
He’s the complete antithesis of Tottenham.

In addition, his ego has made him complacent and arrogant.
The game has evolved and he hasn’t kept up.

That’s my take and I fucking hope I’m proven right !!
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

He sure gets a lot of hate but coming 2nd and winning 2 trohphies with Man United seemed disappointing at the time, it now looks like a minor miracle. We will see how he does at Spurs where he won't have huge money at his disposal as he did in his previous jobs. He did win the Champions League with FC Porto so perhaps he will do ok. Even if you hate him and his football there is no getting away from the fact that he has won trophies everywhere. I think they have made a mistake sacking Poch, like a lot of people I felt he had them punching above their weight. Prior to Poch's appointment if you would have said Champions League finalists you would have been laughed at, he will be sought after no doubt.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Get Poch in at our place before the weekend and turn the Spuds over?
Lovely jubbly.

Get it done Sullivan.... you won’t even have to spend any money on new tracksuits for him (same initials).
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:28 am A lazy appointment, just like Pellegrini and it’ll become an expensive mistake.
Mourinho’s definition of a “big club” is how many trillions they hand over to him every transfer window.
He’s the complete antithesis of Tottenham.

In addition, his ego has made him complacent and arrogant.
The game has evolved and he hasn’t kept up.

That’s my take and I fucking hope I’m proven right !!
You may be proved right in time Tone but imo Spurs can now look forward to winning trophies. Maybe not the really meaningful ones like the Champions League or Premier League but I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a serious push for the Europa League next season if they don't make the top 4. Mourinho is a proven winner. His reign at Man United was considered a disaster but in his relatively short time there he won them the Europa League. And he also considers the Mickey Mouse cup a worthwhile trophy so he would no doubt include that on his c.v.

And bet he's been given assurances about a sizeable transfer budget as well.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

By all accounts Brendan Rodgers was their first choice but he turned it down in the hope the dwarf would call.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The special one indeed. Let's recall he let go De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku and ignored the likes of Loftus Cheek. And most recently - was snarky over Frank Lampard's potential after the opening day defeat at Man Utd, and suggested youngsters Mount and Abraham were not suitable replacements live on air.

Somebody suggested the game has moved on - maybe Tone - obviously not in Tottenham's eyes. I put this down to Spurs being very Spursy...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:07 pm The special one indeed. Let's recall he let go De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku and ignored the likes of Loftus Cheek. And most recently - was snarky over Frank Lampard's potential after the opening day defeat at Man Utd, and suggested youngsters Mount and Abraham were not suitable replacements live on air.

Somebody suggested the game has moved on - maybe Tone - obviously not in Tottenham's eyes. I put this down to Spurs being very Spursy...
I guess time will tell. If I was a Spurs fan I would be pissed off that Pochettino has been replaced tbh. He has raised the profile of the club into a serious player on the European stage and he's done it without having had fortunes to spend. But whilst I'd be pissed off with his sacking I'd consider Mourinho a highly suitable replacement. FFS I heard one of their fans on the radio this morning slagging Mourinho off and saying he's rather have seen Eddie Howe get the gig. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:20 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:07 pm The special one indeed. Let's recall he let go De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku and ignored the likes of Loftus Cheek. And most recently - was snarky over Frank Lampard's potential after the opening day defeat at Man Utd, and suggested youngsters Mount and Abraham were not suitable replacements live on air.

I guess time will tell. If I was a Spurs fan I would be pissed off that Pochettino has been replaced tbh. He has raised the profile of the club into a serious player on the European stage and he's done it without having had fortunes to spend. But whilst I'd be pissed off with his sacking I'd consider Mourinho a highly suitable replacement. FFS I heard one of their fans on the radio this morning slagging Mourinho off and saying he's rather have seen Eddie Howe get the gig. :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are a few capricious peeps on this forum also - last week Mour was being touted as an available option should the queer fella decide on a new manager (he won't btw) and the response was yes please...