Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

jhammers wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:28 pm Unbelievable result on Saturday, we need to back it up Wednesday night though.

Id go

Martin
Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell
Rice, Noble
Fornals
Antonio, Haller

Wing backs. Wolves play with 3 centre backs so lets match them.
Ogbonna as the left sided centre back to help Cresswell deal with Adama traore.
Will Pellegrini change from a back 4 ever ? especially now as the system did so well against Chelsea .

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:11 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:13 am Looks like antonio may be out, which leaves the rather immobile haller as our lone striker, need to keep anderson as a 10 and get him closer. Whilst saturday was a very pleasant respite , i would very happily take a draw here as we just seem a bit toothless up front. With oggy and creswell looking our main threats.
Think Ajeti should get his chance ahead of Haller , if Pellegrini is going to play one up , Ajeti is our man . Keep the rest of the team as it was .
Havent seen Ajeti play so dont know if he has the strength to hold up play as a lone striker or indeed if he is quick enough to get behind them. Haller does hold up play well enough, he's just slower than me (although i did come 2nd in the 100 yard sprint in 1975 at west horndon primary, i peaked in '75 tbh).

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:13 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:11 am

Think Ajeti should get his chance ahead of Haller , if Pellegrini is going to play one up , Ajeti is our man . Keep the rest of the team as it was .
Havent seen Ajeti play so dont know if he has the strength to hold up play as a lone striker or indeed if he is quick enough to get behind them. Haller does hold up play well enough, he's just slower than me (although i did come 2nd in the 100 yard sprint in 1975 at west horndon primary, i peaked in '75 tbh).
To be honest , I haven't seen much of him either , but he led the line for his last club in a 4-2-3-1 formation ( we all know this is MP's favoured system ) . Supposedly he is an aggressive, quick striker who likes to play in the box . Bit of a poacher and Ideal on the counter attack .
Just a shame we didn't get the other striker we were after at the time Donyell Malen , just think he would have been a much better prospect .

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I would like Antonio & Haller together, but can not come up with a formation that doesn't leave us short in the middle.

So on present form, if fit, Antonio has to start.

I'd start the same team again, Balbuena has to keep his place. Diop has been terrible for a while.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

BCHammer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:21 pm I would like Antonio & Haller together, but can not come up with a formation that doesn't leave us short in the middle.

So on present form, if fit, Antonio has to start.

I'd start the same team again, Balbuena has to keep his place. Diop has been terrible for a while.
Let Antonio play behind Haller upfrond and he can still get in to striking positions or move to the flanks, have Snodgrass on one of the flanks and i thing we'd cover the midfield just fine. Fornals whould dop to the bench probably but honestly Amderson has been bugging me for a while with his lazy passing, Would rather see Yarmo.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

I would retain the same team. The person most likely to rotate out is Anderson who received a scowl of contempt from Mr P when substituted.

Perhaps personal opinions will be resolved and everything will be fine and dandy. This of course is West Ham,so nothing is clear cut.

I fancy a draw or better if we can replicate the effort levels and professionalism. Would be brilliant for Martin if we could sequence a series of clean sheets,up to and including Southampton.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

One very simple plan for Wednesday, Fredericks to man mark Traore.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Antonio is a major doubt for the game. Slight groin strain resulting in a late fitness test.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

IronsForever wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:59 am Antonio is a major doubt for the game. Slight groin strain resulting in a late fitness test.
Wouldn’t risk him for this game.

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

A 5-3-2 would certainly be a suprise to Wolves but can't see it happening. Was Saturday a flash in the pan? Wolves in very good form, a decent side. A 1-0 sneaky away win for the Hammers?