Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: Jim Bowen

Post by punkrockhammer »

Baddowhammer wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:32 am
JayK wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:09 am

I still think they’re prepping more for relegation than trying to fight it. What happened to the “we want experienced premiership players”? This is Sullivan and Moyes we’re talking about after all. I see nothing positive come from the board. If the kid does prove to be a good signing it will be luck more than anything. Who scouted him ffs?
Got to agree,he looks good potential but we really needed a proved Prem. striker,no time for fucking around getting players up to speed n shit,as you say championship preparation.coyi
He’s played in the Premier League before

Only a few games but at least he’s experienced the pace and ferocity of it, more than most of our summer signings had

ToneLoc

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by ToneLoc »

Let’s just hope these new signings can help give us some upwards momentum and not this club pull them down into our current abyss as is what seems to happen all too often.
Over to you Moyes...... winning is what you do.

Of course the question remains around just how much homework went into the 2 signing as all business is conducted in crisis mode. As such, how well these 2 fit into the team and subsequently help to left us out of the shit is more likely to be down to pot luck than anything else.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Good luck Lad.

JayK

Post by JayK »

thomasswe wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:42 am Name a proven PL striker thats not close to retirement or with a terrible injury record. Who should we have signed?
Newmarket is right and I am indeed a cunt. But, our beloved club and Moyes have said they wanted proven prem players for our fight against relegation. This kid is not that. So all I’m saying is they say one thing and do another yet again.

The kid might well be a good player but the club have no fucking idea or forward planning. And I never said striker either.
COYI!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 pm

Hugill as a striker in the Champs: 62 games 14 goals. Bowen as a winger 124 games 52 goals !! Hugill aged 27 Bowen 23
I still think they’re prepping more for relegation than trying to fight it. What happened to the “we want experienced premiership players”? This is Sullivan and Moyes we’re talking about after all. I see nothing positive come from the board. If the kid does prove to be a good signing it will be luck more than anything. Who scouted him ffs?
At the end of the day experience counts for fuck all if you are too slow or don't have the talent (Zabs a good example of the former). He looks a lot better in the Champ than a lot of ours will look when we go down. He may not make the step up but at least his record (and he can kick with both feet) suggests he has a better chance than someone like Hugill.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Shortshanks wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 am

At the end of the day experience counts for fuck all if you are too slow or don't have the talent (Zabs a good example of the former). He looks a lot better in the Champ than a lot of ours will look when we go down. He may not make the step up but at least his record (and he can kick with both feet) suggests he has a better chance than someone like Hugill.
So why are we told that want an experienced player then? Not my words
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

He makes Sébastien Haller look a bit pedestrian - obviously Seb does some of his best work while not being observed.
Clearly...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

He was too late signing to play today?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:13 am He was too late signing to play today?
The way us and his agent fucked about

Yes.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:13 am He was too late signing to play today?
At least we got him in the end :roll: . But why was it left so late ? .