Is it just a coincidence...

Chat about anything football related here!
Chicken Runner

Re: Is it just a coincidence...

Post by Chicken Runner »

downunda wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:10 pm Is it just a coincidence that since Kevin Nolan has arrived David Moyes decision making has substantially improved.

You can see during the game where Moyes is continually discussing tactics with Nolan. I can only think during training, and team selections Nolan also has an input.

I am not saying that Moyes is not in charge but like any high decision making job its good to have the support of someone you can discuss ideas, and see things that may be seen with a different perspective.

If it is not Nolan something has suddenly changed for the better.
I was thinking the same thing. No coincidence.

Longshanks

Post by Longshanks »

downunda wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:10 pm Is it just a coincidence that since Kevin Nolan has arrived David Moyes decision making has substantially improved.

You can see during the game where Moyes is continually discussing tactics with Nolan. I can only think during training, and team selections Nolan also has an input.

I am not saying that Moyes is not in charge but like any high decision making job its good to have the support of someone you can discuss ideas, and see things that may be seen with a different perspective.

No 👍
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Longshanks wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:21 pm

No 👍
I think he has had an influence though big time.

We know what sort of character he was,when he was here has a captain.I can see a lot more effort being put in by all,not just the few.

downunda

Post by downunda »

Moyes and Nolan could be the modern day Brian Clough and Peter Taylor :o

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

No way of telling but the differences:

New boy improving on what we had before.

Haller getting his Mojo back.

Centre backs looking 5 years younger.

Antonio staying fit.

The liability Masuaku being offed at last.

Out of form Anderson/Lanzini had their final chances.

All more likely to be signs of Moyes settling in..you cant join a club mid season and pull a switch to "on"

And,any way we're a long way from turning any corner..just veered slightly away from what looked like careering to the edge of the precipice that leads to The Championship.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I think Nolan is prob the new Stuart Pearce this time around due to the scummy board not allowing Pearce back. Nolan won’t be scared to say it how it is and demand more on the training pitch and therefore this will prob be reflected on a match day.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:56 am I think Nolan is prob the new Stuart Pearce this time around due to the scummy board not allowing Pearce back. Nolan won’t be scared to say it how it is and demand more on the training pitch and therefore this will prob be reflected on a match day.
Fucking well hope not mate. I imagine Nolan has a lot more tactical nous than Pearce. Can't imagine Nolan sending on a goalkeeper as a substitute striker if the side needs a goal with 15 minutes or so to go. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:21 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:56 am I think Nolan is prob the new Stuart Pearce this time around due to the scummy board not allowing Pearce back. Nolan won’t be scared to say it how it is and demand more on the training pitch and therefore this will prob be reflected on a match day.
Fucking well hope not mate. I imagine Nolan has a lot more tactical nous than Pearce. Can't imagine Nolan sending on a goalkeeper as a substitute striker if the side needs a goal with 15 minutes or so to go. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure about that Whiskeyman, I saw his Nott’s county team play and it was all route one Ala BFS style.
Maybe that is why we were much more direct last two games.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

downunda wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:35 am Moyes and Nolan could be the modern day Brian Clough and Peter Taylor :o
Or Morecambe and Wise. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:39 pm
downunda wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:35 am Moyes and Nolan could be the modern day Brian Clough and Peter Taylor :o
Or Morecambe and Wise. :)
Gollum & Samwise Gamgee
unnamed.gif
unnamed.gif (516.11 KiB) Viewed 2616 times