Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by punkrockhammer »

Chicken Runner wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:16 pm Another difficult watch.
Where's Chicharito when you need him. Thought Anderson could have come on at 60 mins.

All that endeavour and again no end product! :(
LA Galaxy

His level these days but if Antonio had a fraction of Hernandez finishing ability, we’d be taking points from that today

deanox

Post by deanox »

How did Ngakia and Bowen perform?
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:42 pm All to familiar Saturday evening , playing well and not winning, basically means fuck all, would rather play shite and get a lucky win...oh and VAR can fuck right off. Without wishing to be a whiny little tit, we really are devoid of any luck going our way, which is why Relegation seems written in the stars.
For the first time in months, I firmly believe we are not going down

At least three teams worse than us or with some cunt fixture lists. Bournemouth for one, Villa are another. Brighton haven’t won a game this year and Norwich just lack a little bit of everything except effort. Watford’s new manager bounce has gone and they even took off Sloth way before the end today

As for VAR, it’s wank. I think everyone knows that. The thing is, without VAR we missed out on CL in the Payet season due to some very fucking iffy decisions costing us points. Everyone seemed to want something done to get correct decisions and now we have it, we’re still moaning about being fucked over. I’m sorry, but you do sound like a whiny little tit

As for not having any luck, I’d call the majority of the results for the teams around us during the last month of our hard away games pretty lucky for us

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

punkrockhammer wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:06 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:42 pm All to familiar Saturday evening , playing well and not winning, basically means fuck all, would rather play shite and get a lucky win...oh and VAR can fuck right off. Without wishing to be a whiny little tit, we really are devoid of any luck going our way, which is why Relegation seems written in the stars.

At least three teams worse than us or with some cunt fixture lists. Bournemouth for one, Villa are another. Brighton haven’t won a game this year and Norwich just lack a little bit of everything except effort. Watford’s new manager bounce has gone and they even took off Sloth way before the end today

As for VAR, it’s wank. I think everyone knows that. The thing is, without VAR we missed out on CL in the Payet season due to some very fucking iffy decisions costing us points. Everyone seemed to want something done to get correct decisions and now we have it, we’re still moaning about being fucked over. I’m sorry, but you do sound like a whiny little tit

As for not having any luck, I’d call the majority of the results for the teams around us during the last month of our hard away games pretty lucky for us
Don’t share your optimism PR. Out of bottom 3 on goal difference, wolves , chavs, tottingham to come, just don’t see the points being won to keep us up. Playing well is lovely ...but two wins this year is shite.

palerider

Post by palerider »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:54 pm
punkrockhammer wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:06 pm

Don’t share your optimism PR. Out of bottom 3 on goal difference, wolves , chavs, tottingham to come, just don’t see the points being won to keep us up. Playing well is lovely ...but two wins this year is shite.
We've played well in three consecutive games now but as you say, points are what matters. The vermin were awful tonight but got a point.

Call it bad luck, but three sitters that Jordan Hugill would have struggled to miss ?

I still think we'll miss out.

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:35 pm
Chicken Runner wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:16 pm Another difficult watch.
Where's Chicharito when you need him. Thought Anderson could have come on at 60 mins.

All that endeavour and again no end product! :(
It just seems there's a different reason to be pissed off each week.
Problems are fixed in one place but just proceed to shift elsewhere.
True Tone...a moving target. I thought Moyes selected a good team today. He must be pulling his hair out at the missed chances.

IndianHammer

Post by IndianHammer »

deanox wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:02 pm How did Ngakia and Bowen perform?
Bowen was decent, had a couple of drives with the ball. Ngakia struggled today imo, especially after they switched Auba to the left running at him, inexperience showed but he will get better for sure.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Can someone explain to me how Lacazette was not offside when Ozil headed to him?

I understand the offside law less and less these days

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Chicken Runner wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:41 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:35 pm
It just seems there's a different reason to be pissed off each week.
Problems are fixed in one place but just proceed to shift elsewhere.
True Tone...a moving target. I thought Moyes selected a good team today. He must be pulling his hair out at the missed chances.
Indeed mate. However there’s been enough over the last 3 games to convince Moyes to persevere with this formation and personnel.
If he suddenly decides to pull it apart and try something else we’re as good as relegated imo.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:09 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:02 pm

Snoddy is our 2nd top goalscorer, 2nd top for assists and has the best shooting accuracy. Maybe should have come on earlier but not for Bowen ?
If and buts.

Antonio should have had a hat-trick. Then it wouldn't be a discussion.

14 shots, 6 on target and we get zip. Tells the real story.
It was the shots that weren't on target but should have been that cost us. We were the better side, at least imo, but if you don't take your chances you end up getting squat. That's as true today as it's always been.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?