WHU players going to Spurs

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: WHU players going to Spurs

Post by Towie »

FatPigIron wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:18 am
Towie wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:00 pm

I’ve never booed a player in my life, lampard, Defoe, Ince, Parker, none of them. But really don’t care what you believe.
I gave you an answer to your question and you start a rant of a man teetering on the brink, Then repeat it to Tel.

In both our responses did we ever say it was right?

Jesus, get a life man.
All I was doing was demonstrating that there are different ways of reacting....and the comparison between you and Tel could not have been more stark....

If anyone needs to 'get a life' it is you! But anyway, from a purely personal perspective, I'm v happy to hear that you have never boo-ed any of them. I think that is a good thing and something to be proud of.
:roll: :roll:
Unbelievable Jeff.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

WestHam101

Post by WestHam101 »

I think with Scott Parker he gave his all for us and couldn't stop us from going down. We all knew he wanted to stay in London and sours were the highest bidder.

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron »

9898 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:22 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:41 pm

You are right,we have done it for years.Especially Arsenal.

John Radford and Stewart Robson come to mind.They wasn't the players they were,otherwise we wouldn't have signed them.Robbo could have been has good has his name sake Bryan,but injuries meant he couldn't reach nowhere near the level he got at Arsenal.

Even Stuart Pearson said,he wished that he was the player he was at Man U,when he played for us.

Mind you,we did buy the most expensive keeper and everyone was after Paul Goddard at QPR and we got him.We were in Division 2 has well.We did have some fabulous players though.

It seemed every player loved John Lyall too,has a person and a coach.
Detested Stewart Robson. Zilch ability but, in fairness, very brave and willing. He always felt he was better than us and doing us a favour, borne out by many comments in the press since he retired.
Personally, I can't really think of any good players that came from Arsenal apart from Nigel Winterburn.... I thought he was really good.

I feel all the others were aged, injury-prone flops.... Was Ian Wright any good (as I genuinely can't remember?!) Didn't last very long did he...and no one ever mentions him anyway.

Davor Bloody Suker? Freddie Lungerg?....Radford? What a bloody joke....dearie me...when will we ever learn that if Arsenal unload, it is because those players are spent forces and they are rinsing us ffs....just like bloody Wilshire now....you couldn't write the folly; fair play to the Davids who didn't want to buy him, but wanted to back Pelle to the hilt so did bring him in on ridiculous wages despite their better judgement....

Much as people might hate Spurs, crikey we've had some fantastic players from them: Etherington, and my favourite, Sherringham...Zamora too...And even if we lost Peters (because he wanted to go), Jimmy Greaves wasn't bad...

Mind you, thank God Robbie Bloody Keane was only a loan...I reckon he deliberately missed a sitter on the line v Burnley. Don't know if those lost points were enough to relegate us in the final reckoning, but wouldn't surprise me....Talk about an enemy in the camp! Bet Levy was laughing all the way....Still gnaws at me...

Anyway, come on folks: Can you think of any brilliant Ex-Arsenal WHU players?.... All I've got is Winterburn...

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

FatPigIron wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:55 pm
9898 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Detested Stewart Robson. Zilch ability but, in fairness, very brave and willing. He always felt he was better than us and doing us a favour, borne out by many comments in the press since he retired.
Personally, I can't really think of any good players that came from Arsenal apart from Nigel Winterburn.... I thought he was really good.

I feel all the others were aged, injury-prone flops.... Was Ian Wright any good (as I genuinely can't remember?!) Didn't last very long did he...and no one ever mentions him anyway.

Davor Bloody Suker? Freddie Lungerg?....Radford? What a bloody joke....dearie me...when will we ever learn that if Arsenal unload, it is because those players are spent forces and they are rinsing us ffs....just like bloody Wilshire now....you couldn't write the folly; fair play to the Davids who didn't want to buy him, but wanted to back Pelle to the hilt so did bring him in on ridiculous wages despite their better judgement....

Much as people might hate Spurs, crikey we've had some fantastic players from them: Etherington, and my favourite, Sherringham...Zamora too...And even if we lost Peters (because he wanted to go), Jimmy Greaves wasn't bad...

Mind you, thank God Robbie Bloody Keane was only a loan...I reckon he deliberately missed a sitter on the line v Burnley. Don't know if those lost points were enough to relegate us in the final reckoning, but wouldn't surprise me....Talk about an enemy in the camp! Bet Levy was laughing all the way....Still gnaws at me...

Anyway, come on folks: Can you think of any brilliant Ex-Arsenal WHU players?.... All I've got is Winterburn...
Well the first one was John Hartson and then there was Liam Brady via Serie A admittedly

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:40 pm

Well the first one was John Hartson and then there was Liam Brady via Serie A admittedly
Brady was still brilliant when he came to us.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:51 pm
And so was Hartson imo .

Fabianski was shit at Arsenal , went down with Swansea but been triffic for us .

I’m sure there’s more .
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:02 am

And so was Hartson imo .

Fabianski was shit at Arsenal , went down with Swansea but been triffic for us .

I’m sure there’s more .
I'm gunna get my thinking cap on .
Get it? Gunna, fuck I'm good some mornings. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron »

Nice 1, BD. Yes, I realised afterwards about Brady...although he didn't come direct from Arsenal, but that's nit-picking by me.
Hartson was OK, but then had to go after decking Berkovich....
So neither were really around very long... Both will go down more as stop-gaps than anything else, IMO....

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron »

And so was Hartson imo .

I’m sure there’s more .
I don't count Fab at all,as he'd been away from Arsenal for a long time by the time he came to us. I never think of Fab as ex-Arsenal; I think of him as ex-Swansea where he was amazing....I couldn't believe our luck when we signed him for buttons. What a deal!

Hartson was quite good, but nothing special IMO, and decking Berkovich in training meant he had to go... He's hardly going to go down as a great in the WHU annuls of history.

I realise I forgot Brady - Even if he didn't come directly from Arsenal, it is where he was known for the bulk of his career at Asenal. Sure he was class, but for such a short period, he barely registers. Ditto Ian Wright...
So, I stick by it (so far anyway); the only player from Arsenal who was really good, IMO, was Nigel Winterburn. But not that good that he'd be spoken of as one of our great defenders....
In fact, I think he should be mentioned a bit more, if anything! But not go overboard!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

FatPigIron wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:15 pm

And so was Hartson imo .

I’m sure there’s more .
I don't count Fab at all,as he'd been away from Arsenal for a long time by the time he came to us. I never think of Fab as ex-Arsenal; I think of him as ex-Swansea where he was amazing....I couldn't believe our luck when we signed him for buttons. What a deal!

Hartson was quite good, but nothing special IMO, and decking Berkovich in training meant he had to go... He's hardly going to go down as a great in the WHU annuls of history.

I realise I forgot Brady - Even if he didn't come directly from Arsenal, it is where he was known for the bulk of his career at Asenal. Sure he was class, but for such a short period, he barely registers. Ditto Ian Wright...
So, I stick by it (so far anyway); the only player from Arsenal who was really good, IMO, was Nigel Winterburn. But not that good that he'd be spoken of as one of our great defenders....
In fact, I think he should be mentioned a bit more, if anything! But not go overboard!
I remember Winterburn more for shitting his pants after Di Canio decked the referee
Bring back Jonathon !