That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by BillyDWhizz »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 pm
Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm

For the most part the BLM movement is about African American's stating that their lives matter 'as well' and calling for an end to systematic racism throughout america.

Whilst there are those that are clearly more radical, their agenda, or that of Antifa or those that simply want to loot or riot, should not be allowed to detract from the validity of that message. It is not about falling for something. It is about standing for a just and righteous cause!
What about standing for something by getting out and voting?
Turnout has been an endemic problem for years in the U.S.
That's spot on and is pretty much the entire reason why the US currently has a moron in the White House.

I believe that Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Florida all flipped to the Republicans in 2016 and I think, If I remember correctly the Trump only won each of those states by a percentage point or less. Had there not been the voter apathy - especially within the ethnic and younger voter communities inside those states then no doubt Hilary would be the current POTUS.

Be interesting to see how things pan out in November, but I suspect he'll lose all 4 of those States I mentioned - and with them the election.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

h69

Post by h69 »

Washington Redskins NFL team have been told by their stadium sponsors 'Fedex' to drop the Redskins in their name or they wont sponsor their move to a new stadium. Apparently it has only just become offensive to the Leftwaffe.

Because of this, some virtue signalling morons have decided to force Exeter rugby union club to drop 'Chiefs' in their name. FFS

This is the consequence when wankers in America fall for all this bullshit and it infects people over here.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

The NZ rugger team will be next .

*****burn Rovers must be shitting themselves :roll:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:51 am The NZ rugger team will be next .

RUGGER!!!

FFS very Eton College.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:51 am The NZ rugger team will be next .

What we are seeing here is a lot of blackmail going on - change the name or we boycott the product. That's basically blacklisting. And it's as clear as black and white. And certainly a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

But others see it as an opportunity to increase wealth and that's the black market for you. It's all ebony and ivory to most people and every dark cloud has a silver lining and all that.

Tolerance is the answer even for the black sheep and you can't go too wrong just bearing in mind an old chess proverb,two blacks don't make a white
Last edited by BlackDiamond on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:42 pm
Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 pm What does WOKE actually mean and do you have to be White Middle to upper class to be WOKE?

I read that it is of African American origin meaning aware and knowing or "alert to injustice in society, especially racism. I would have thought African American have been aware of this for the past 400+ years. In which case 'Woke' is nothing new.

It appears to me that 'Woke' as a term has come to the fore because of white activist who want to demonstrate how radical, non racist or just down 'with it' they are, or am I wide of the mark there.

My son made an interesting point recently when he said that social media just seemed to be full of people trying to show how less racist they are than everyone else. For many of us on here, we grew up through the influx of people from the Caribbean, India, Pakistan, et al. We experienced many of the social issues when we were young and found our way. At the end of the day, our friends are our friends irrespective of colour, creed, nationality or religion. We make fun of each other, which includes our differences. We do not need to beat our chests and scream to the world how progressive we are or how much we accept people of different races. At the end of the day, our friends are our friends and arse holes are assholes notwithstanding their colour, creed, nationality or religion.
Unfortunately this kind of response is exactly the issue I have with all this. Immediately it talks about white middle class people. Woke is nothing to do with race.

Being woke means being permanently offended by everything and everything and wanting anything banned that you don't agree with. Lets get rid of statues, lets remove history, lets complain about breakfast cereals, removing the term man hole covers because it is supposedly sexist. Same with Linesmen.

Just a couple of observations. I said that it occurred to me that 'Woke' had come to the fore because of white activist. I muade an honest statement

In this case the supposed reason is racism but really it is usually about the left wing trying to destabilise the govt they didnt vote for, months ago it was about Brexit etc etc. They are now even wading in to the Israel/Palestine argument....what has that to do with Black lives ?

You can complain about the state of America all you want but in the UK....this is a left wing protest by a bunch of mugs who dont want to work.

Funny you mention 'We make fun of each other, which includes our differences'.....Er no.....BLM want this to stop as it is racist (if it is white directed at black) this is exactly what the woke left want to remove hence the removal of dozens of movies and TV programmes as they are all offended. By supporting this bullshit we enable them.
Just a couple of observations:

I said that It appeared to me that 'Woke' as a term had come to the fore because of white activist who want to demonstrate how radical, non racist or just down 'with it' they were. That was an honest opinion not said as a statement of fact. I certainly did not mean to imply it was about race.

Where exactly was I complaining about the U.S.?

For the record the statement about my friends and possible my generation was a statement of fact. We feel no pressure to adapt our behavior to what a 'Woke' society deems acceptable. Don't get me wrong, we do not make overtly racist jokes, but we do not feel it necessary to ignore our differences either.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:30 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 pm
What about standing for something by getting out and voting?
Turnout has been an endemic problem for years in the U.S.
That's spot on and is pretty much the entire reason why the US currently has a moron in the White House.

I believe that Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Florida all flipped to the Republicans in 2016 and I think, If I remember correctly the Trump only won each of those states by a percentage point or less. Had there not been the voter apathy - especially within the ethnic and younger voter communities inside those states then no doubt Hilary would be the current POTUS.

Be interesting to see how things pan out in November, but I suspect he'll lose all 4 of those States I mentioned - and with them the election.
That is indeed the truth. You have a whole section of society that believes there votes don not matter. It is an issue that the AA and for that matter Hispanic communities must overcome.
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:21 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:42 pm

Unfortunately this kind of response is exactly the issue I have with all this. Immediately it talks about white middle class people. Woke is nothing to do with race.

Being woke means being permanently offended by everything and everything and wanting anything banned that you don't agree with. Lets get rid of statues, lets remove history, lets complain about breakfast cereals, removing the term man hole covers because it is supposedly sexist. Same with Linesmen.

Just a couple of observations. I said that it occurred to me that 'Woke' had come to the fore because of white activist. I muade an honest statement

In this case the supposed reason is racism but really it is usually about the left wing trying to destabilise the govt they didnt vote for, months ago it was about Brexit etc etc. They are now even wading in to the Israel/Palestine argument....what has that to do with Black lives ?

You can complain about the state of America all you want but in the UK....this is a left wing protest by a bunch of mugs who dont want to work.

Funny you mention 'We make fun of each other, which includes our differences'.....Er no.....BLM want this to stop as it is racist (if it is white directed at black) this is exactly what the woke left want to remove hence the removal of dozens of movies and TV programmes as they are all offended. By supporting this bullshit we enable them.

I said that It appeared to me that 'Woke' as a term had come to the fore because of white activist who want to demonstrate how radical, non racist or just down 'with it' they were. That was an honest opinion not said as a statement of fact. I certainly did not mean to imply it was about race.

For the record the statement about my friends and possible my generation was a statement of fact. We feel no pressure to adapt our behavior to what a 'Woke' society deems acceptable. Don't get me wrong, we do not make overtly racist jokes, but we do not feel it necessary to ignore our differences either.
Woke is what used to be called PC (Political Correctness). Used by the left to try and ban anything they dont like. Washington Redskins is racist now apparently FFS....next we will be allowing black players to kneel and put their fist in the air and make a political gesture.....oh wait.

It is currently being used to try and portray white people as privileged and racist in the US. Of course that is all bollocks but that virus has spread here now and gives the anti-capitalists a voice.

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Woke is what used to be called PC (Political Correctness). Used by the left to try and ban anything they dont like. Washington Redskins is racist now apparently FFS....next we will be allowing black players to kneel and put their fist in the air and make a political gesture.....oh wait.

It is currently being used to try and portray white people as privileged and racist in the US. Of course that is all bollocks but that virus has spread here now and gives the anti-capitalists a voice.
A few enlightened souls including some black people too in the world of football have now distanced themselves from the BLM movement. While still obviously supporting the fact that black lives of course matter, which was never in doubt, they are rather less than enamoured with the murkier aims of the movement's even murkier leaders, which are anti-capitalist, ant-Israeli and anti-police. They want the whole lot brought down.

The leaders are mysterious figures, one of whom was exposed as an ex-LSE student from Sri Lanka whose name had more letters than that place in Wales but a statement was put out by them saying the names would be revealed soon.

Still waiting.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Apparently Native Americans doe find the Washington Redskins name offensive. In that case, one may consider the use of the name to offensive at the very least. I do however struggle to define it as racist.

For the record there are quite a large number of racist people in the U.S., many of who appear to be empowered by Uncle Donald's rhetoric.
Flairon