Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:49 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:42 am People are panicking but the fact of the matter is, Aston Villa and Bourenmouth both play tonight and will both lose improving our goal difference.

Same will happen next week when we get beat 2-0 at Chelsea.

You can see the recurring pattern. You don't get relegated by merely being fucking crap,you actually have to be in the bottom 3...
I can predict , with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, we will not lose at Chelsea.

This has nothing to do with our ability on the field of play, the Messiah's (god bless him) tactical genius, or that the dwarf has promised to wear his lucky underpants for the fixture.

It's more to do with the game being at the LS. ;)

But panicking ? Not me old chap. It's only a game of football after all.
Good observation about the fixture venue - that changes everything and not in a good way. I listened to a couple of the match reviews and noticed a high level of agitation everywhere.

In comparison,it made the Prime ministers first lock down address to the nation, look like he was telling a few jokes and advising everybody to chill...

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Well i was hoping to wake up to the news that Moyes had been sacked, then i remembered we're run by a bunch of clowns who probably thought last night was a good result.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:57 am the morning after the night before, and i have had chance for further reflection........moyes is a bit shit.

he not only wont be the one to save us from relegation but he also wont be the one to get us back from championship. Frankly fuck him off pronto get anyone but fat sam in and crack on. We are doomed this season and next if he is still here at the end and start of next season. And please furlough anderson. The rest i actually quite like.
Ten years ago I'd have cared. Correct that I'd have cared a little bit more than 10 years ago. If truth be known I really stopped giving a shit the day the tit wigglers arrived. You see I had, in my business life, encountered the dwarf and found him a totally obnoxious little sod. He'd probably say the same about me of course, except he'd say big sod when he referred to me.

But tbh I think when we disappear down the plug this time it's the end. The club isn't a top level club in the way it's run. Sub standard training andf, probably, medical facilities. No scouting network it seems. No coherent business strategy apart from paying out top dollar for washed up has beens, apart from when, presumably Husillos, we brought in Diop and Fornals, two players in the age group we should be investing in. And from reading a lot of posts on here about ticketing and so forth, a back office process not worth a wank.

Like I say, pre dwarf I'd have given a shit but in all honesty if West Ham closed down tomorrow it wouldn't really register with me.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Def an improvement on Wolves...actually first 20/25 thought we had a chance.....Fornals needs some shooting practice,
grafter tries hard...got some nice skills....but striker he aint...we more than any other team...HAVE to take our chances,
because we're creating diddley..

Thought the Soucek,Rice,Nobes MF was working well..Defensively....Nobes being the more advanced,what ever some may
think of him...he worked his fuckin socks off...never stopped covering and chasing...sometimes you can have a good game
without getting your foot on the ball much..
I'd like to see Soucek/Rice work and stay together...and see what Wilshere can do in the role Nobes played yesterday...

Have no Idea whats happened to Anderson...always said he was our best player,with a great work rate..work rate is still
there...but he brings nothing else now....I think he suffers from our lack of movement...not enough on for him...
But the best players..MAKE things happen...

Bowens impressive...easy best of our attacking players...puts a good shift in as well...cant see Snoddy getting a lot of game
time now....Bowens a Starter now..

A Maybe Handball own goal which Most times would be overruled by the VAR thing these days ,didn't help..

But No real excuses..we are were we are....because Players/manager ...aren't doing it...and they fuckin need to..sharpish....

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:31 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:57 am the morning after the night before, and i have had chance for further reflection........moyes is a bit shit.

he not only wont be the one to save us from relegation but he also wont be the one to get us back from championship. Frankly fuck him off pronto get anyone but fat sam in and crack on. We are doomed this season and next if he is still here at the end and start of next season. And please furlough anderson. The rest i actually quite like.
Ten years ago I'd have cared. Correct that I'd have cared a little bit more than 10 years ago. If truth be known I really stopped giving a shit the day the tit wigglers arrived. You see I had, in my business life, encountered the dwarf and found him a totally obnoxious little sod. He'd probably say the same about me of course, except he'd say big sod when he referred to me.

But tbh I think when we disappear down the plug this time it's the end. The club isn't a top level club in the way it's run. Sub standard training andf, probably, medical facilities. No scouting network it seems. No coherent business strategy apart from paying out top dollar for washed up has beens, apart from when, presumably Husillos, we brought in Diop and Fornals, two players in the age group we should be investing in. And from reading a lot of posts on here about ticketing and so forth, a back office process not worth a wank.

Like I say, pre dwarf I'd have given a shit but in all honesty if West Ham closed down tomorrow it wouldn't really register with me.
a sad indictment whiskey. I've also lost some of the passion (particularly this season) and settling for relegation each year mid way through the fucking season is draining. So accept we are down and probably have to accept moyes aint going anywhere any time soon. WHU have always struck me as a potential sleeping giant (aka citeh) but the big benefactor has never shown up and probably never will. All ways round its been a shitty 2020 and whu have offered no respite.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I'm afraid working your "socks off" is totally ineffective and totally worthless in this league if you haven't got the pace , ability, tactical awareness etc etc and it certainly isn't enough to keep us up as we witnessed last night or have we been winning matches or should I say even looking like we might win.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

I think the next few weeks will tell me all i need to know about Moyes. I'm not so apt to blame him for the sheer lack of effort, skill or fitness being shown by the players being paid ungodly sums of money to wear our shirt (Haller, Pam, Yarmo, Lanzini & Wheelchair specifically) but given the fit players he has at his disposal now, it is up to him to get a tune out of this linuep. With this new season starting and his first 2, admittedly tough, games gone, he now has to correct the system and find a way against more beatable opponents in the coming weeks to get us out of a mess that was Pellegrini's doing.

It will be interesting, should we survive, the kind of players Moyes will bring in. I can't see him taking a punt on the likes of Anderson, Yarma and Wilshere. The signings of Bowen and Soucek give me hope that he will, as he has done in the past, be a good recruiter of young talent with something to prove rather than the overpaid flops we've invested in previously.
#fuckqatar2022

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm I'm afraid working your "socks off" is totally ineffective and totally worthless in this league if you haven't got the pace , ability, tactical awareness etc etc and it certainly isn't enough to keep us up as we witnessed last night or have we been winning matches or should I say even looking like we might win.
Completely agree with that. Working hard should be a pre requisite for any professional. Some can maybe be excused because they have extraordinary talent but if we look at the real superstars of the game, the Messis, Ronaldos, deBruynes and Silvas of this world they work their cojones off every week as a matter of routine.

Most of us could do down to the local park and pick 15 or 16 blokes who would run their nuts off for the chance of playing for a professional club. But would they be any fucking good ? We know the answer to that don't we.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:31 am

a sad indictment whiskey. I've also lost some of the passion (particularly this season) and settling for relegation each year mid way through the fucking season is draining. So accept we are down and probably have to accept moyes aint going anywhere any time soon. WHU have always struck me as a potential sleeping giant (aka citeh) but the big benefactor has never shown up and probably never will. All ways round its been a shitty 2020 and whu have offered no respite.
Maybe a sad indictment. Thankfully I gave up my ST and the company box some years ago but it's got even worse from what I gather from those who still go. Apart from the dire, in most part, quality of the football on offer for the past christ knows how many years, we've had our own fans fighting with each other, static protests, not so static ones involving pitch invasions and general discontent over what was , at least imo, a necessary stadium move but which was totally mishandled by, in the main, the dribbly old fart.

Add to that general malaise the fact football watching is changing. The next generation of fans have been able to choose from a wall to wall diet of football from all over the world. They can see the best players in action every week and they will attach themselves to the clubs who have success. I'm afraid clubs like West Ham, who no longer have any real sense of local identity, have outlived their usefulness. Back when I started going you went and watched your local team. That was just the way it was. That might still happen for clubs associated with a particular town or city but London has so many professional clubs for kids living in London or the home counties surrounding it to choose from. And why would they choose West Ham whyen everything we read or hear about the club is just so negative. ?

It's maybe a bit early for the obituaries but I think we ought to be at least preparing an order of service. ;)

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

These journeymen owners, not businessmen, entrepreneurs or other fancy title they wish to award themselves but just run of the mill salespeople, have totally destroyed this club in their pursuit of some easy way to add to their already undeserved wealth. I have to say they have been aided by the blind loyalty in the past of so many who wrapped themselves in the local boy can do no wrong mentality. What has been coming for many years now is becoming a reality. Stop playing fucking Noble for goodness if we want to stay up . BTW where is Clayton nowadays as he used to be quite a prolific poster.