Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Newcastle vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:59 pm A good point for us today.

Newcastle have been playing quite well since the break and we would all have taken that at the start of game.However,I think we could have nicked all 3 points.Newcastle were hanging on for the point at the end.

We do look fitter now,maybe its to do with playing Soucek and Rice in the middle.I actually think that it was Fornals and Lanzini who let us down today.I think if they were on their game,we'd have won easily today.I would replace one of them with Yarmolenko at Burnley.He has been terrific the last couple of games and deserves a start.

Bowen was decent again with 2 assists and does work hard.

Look a lot better than the first 2 games.If we continue,we'll stay up,no problem.
Don't think we should leave Fornals out tbh. Granted he was poor today and cost us when he was too slow getting out and played Gayle onside. But he's the only bloke in the side playing the kind of balls that create openings. Didn't get any official assists against Chelsea but was involved in the build ups ffor the first two goals and today played the ball that let Bowen put the cross in for Antonio's goal. Tbh I'm not too sure about Yarmolenko's fitness so I reckon using him off the bench is a good move.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

A good four points from six, pity Forlans did not doddle back slowly and play everyone onside for their second equaliser.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:42 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:59 pm
Football is shit "period" at the moment. Not just in this country.
Do you see much different in Spain, Germany, Italy etc ?
The only live Spanish games I've watched since the re start have been ones involving Barcelona, and one with Real Madrid and, even before the shutdown, I thought the no hoper sides in La Liga are a far better watch than the no hopers in our league. Less bus parking tbh. Only watch the Bundesliga highlights and don't watch Serie A so can't really comment.

But as far as the Scousers are concerned I don't think the lack of crowd was the issue but the fact that they's already done the job that was the problem. Plus of course the fact that Villa are abouit as entertaining as watching dust settle.
If we play behind close doors all next season,Liverpool will be lucky to make the Top 4.I think not having any fans has affected them more than any other Club in the PL.They were the 12th man with the ref and that`s why they are unbeaten at Anfield in the past 2 years.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:02 pm A good four points from six, pity Forlans did not doddle back slowly and play everyone onside for their second equaliser.
Doddle back slowly, now that reminds me of something but can't think what :lol: :lol: :lol:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Shortshanks wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:45 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:02 pm A good four points from six, pity Forlans did not doddle back slowly and play everyone onside for their second equaliser.
Doddle back slowly, now that reminds me of something but can't think what :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....Shush....you know who wasn't even near for their second goal....I don't know where the fuck he was, but he certainly wasn't defending

palerider

Post by palerider »

I bit the bullet and watched. Not the kneeling shit of course.

Would you have respected the point at 2pm ? I would. When our record north of Birmingham this season was Pl 8, L 8.

But an opportunity missed.

Fornals at fault for Voldemort's leveller but his pass to Bowen for our opener tells me he's worth the perseverance. And in Bowen and Soucek, two decent January signings for a change.

And I went one further, watching the bin dippers too, with thoughts of Villa's goal difference suffering at least a 5 goal dent.

How wrong I was. For a good while I thought the Brummies would win it. The scouse cunts had learned nothing from the Etihad and had continued on the Stella for another week.

But common sense kicked in and with games running out and in effect a 5 point gap with the goal difference, it's a long way to catch us up.

And with Naaaaarch doomed with Bournemouth looking a bit peaky, it's a three horse race for 18th. And two of them will visit the Iconic London Stadium.

Warp-speed transport links are unaffected by the virus. I say that because although I don't condone the victims' fans actions at Anfield, similar rejoicing in Stratford would be understood. The Messiah will have saved us. A short break then we can look forward to the battle for maybe 15th next season.

And our survival will lend nothing to the fact that it was a season in which we were marginally less crap than three other teams.

I'm not having that. Not one bit.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:32 am I bit the bullet and watched. Not the kneeling shit of course.

Would you have respected the point at 2pm ? I would. When our record north of Birmingham this season was Pl 8, L 8.

Fornals at fault for Voldemort's leveller but his pass to Bowen for our opener tells me he's worth the perseverance. And in Bowen and Soucek, two decent January signings for a change.

And I went one further, watching the bin dippers too, with thoughts of Villa's goal difference suffering at least a 5 goal dent.

How wrong I was. For a good while I thought the Brummies would win it. The scouse cunts had learned nothing from the Etihad and had continued on the Stella for another week.

But common sense kicked in and with games running out and in effect a 5 point gap with the goal difference, it's a long way to catch us up.

And with Naaaaarch doomed with Bournemouth looking a bit peaky, it's a three horse race for 18th. And two of them will visit the Iconic London Stadium.

Warp-speed transport links are unaffected by the virus. I say that because although I don't condone the victims' fans actions at Anfield, similar rejoicing in Stratford would be understood. The Messiah will have saved us. A short break then we can look forward to the battle for maybe 15th next season.

And our survival will lend nothing to the fact that it was a season in which we were marginally less crap than three other teams.

I didn’t watch it .

Moyes can’t help himself can he ?

Noble starts next game to snatch relegation from the jaws of survival.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:49 am
palerider wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:32 am I bit the bullet and watched. Not the kneeling shit of course.

I didn’t watch it .

Moyes can’t help himself can he ?

Noble starts next game to snatch relegation from the jaws of survival.
You could tell he was itching to get Captain Slow on couldn't you ? Although Lanzini had been anonymous. Again.

Yes, he'll be a permanent fixture for the last 5 games.

Long live the Messiah.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:32 am A short break then we can look forward to the battle for maybe 15th next season.

Such pessimism is perfectly understandable but indulge me for a moment and allow me to, perhaps, bring a little joy and, yes, optimism, into your musings.

Assuming we survive, a feat which, because we are West Ham, I refuse to accept until we are four points clear with one game left, we will begin next season bursting with renewed vigour and, furthermore, safe in the knowledge that the Messiah (praised be his name) will have the whole season and not merely part of it, to mould the team in his image (praised be his image).

Then, having well and truly girded our loins, we shall resume our battles amongst those clubs whose ambitions of loftiness do not include European participation but are confined to remaining as part of the self styled "elite" of English football. For , yes, being in the exalted competition styling itself, "the best league in the world" bestows upon us the right to be considered part of that elite. Say it quietly to yourself in moments of contemplation and you will feel the joy, the overwhelming sense of excellence, it brings.

I think we can safely categorise this elite band into these categories for next season.

The Ultra Elite from which the Champions will come. Manchester City and Liverpool
The Sub Ultra Elite which will be where their nbearest challengers will be, of Chelsea and Manchester United
The Safe from relegation but not a cat in hell's chance of actually winning it which is where Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves sit.

And then come the rest. And, no, I haven't overlooked Leicester. I've just factored in the "Brenda effect" which will have had a further few months to fully evolve. Any of the rest could become involved in a relegation scrap next year imo. Fanciful ? Maybe. But did anyone foresee us having the sort of season we're enduring this time last year ?

And if you still don't believe me consider this. Before football shutdown some pundits were predicting Champions League football for Sheffield United. Take that on board and tell me you still believe the Premier League is a beacon of footballing excellence from top to bottom.

But let's make sure we're safe this season before getting too excited.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Felt really flat after yesterdays game, 2 points dropped for sure.
That Noble substitution just killed the game and set the tone that a draw was a good result, it wasn't!
What an opportunity to go clear of the bottom 3 and we blew it!