Hammers United: The way forward

Chat about anything football related here!
Byrney83

Re: Hammers United: The way forward

Post by Byrney83 »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:26 pm
Flairon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:02 am Why does it have to be pro or anti GSB!?!

There are those that perhaps feel that nothing they say or do will change the ownership until such time as the owners wish to sell and move on. As such, such parties simply elect not to waste their time of energy pissing and moaning about. That does not mean they are pro anyone.
Excellent point Flair.
I myself am “anti” but you’re spot on and it’s a modern-day, partisan culture where neutrality or even partial-impartiality is either frowned upon or even discounted totally.
Which is fucking hugely ironic as it counts for probably the majority of people.
And I’m not just talking about WHU btw.
I agree people do not need to categorise themselves... wanting ‘positive change and progression’ is a broad brush!

And although our current ‘stance’ on this particular issue might be that we would like a change of ownership that is certainly not ‘who’ we are as an organisation.

We welcome all fans, of any opinion, and we simply set out to improve their supporter experience.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Byrney83 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:00 pm We pay Brady A LOT and we can’t quite put our finger on what she brings to the organisation I think that speaks volumes.

My personal opinion is that she actually has a negative impact but whichever way you look at I certainly think we could continue as we are without her. Only much better off financially.
Yes, but surely her salary, and I have no idea how much it is, is a drop in the ocean compared to the actual wage outgoings. Like you I have no idea as to any benefits she may bring to the table . However I would hazard a guess and say the very favourable terms by which we acquired the use of the stadium owed more to Brady's business acumen and political nous than it did to anything the dwarf or the dribbly one brought to the party.

And of course I accept the argument that the football on the field side of the business has not improved as a consequence. However the overall value of the PLC, and therefore the shareholders' personal finances will, once the PLC purchases the stadium, surely the long term plan, increase significantly. And that is, as I see it, why she is employed by the dwarf.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Byrney83

Post by Byrney83 »

Brady takes over 1m.

Which, whilst not a vast sum in footballing terms, could certainly be better spent.

Judging by the encouragement from the club to avoid taking cash refunds for season tickets I would say that is a million they could do with!

Post by 9898 »

Brady is doing an outstanding job for the business.

A few examples:
Rented OS for a pittance
Schmoozed media to gain coverage for the club
Improved commercial arm of the club
Trimmed wages and staff
Attracted outside investment from individuals

Why would any business want to gamble by replacing her with someone new,
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Byrney83

Post by Byrney83 »

9898 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:00 pm Brady is doing an outstanding job for the business.

A few examples:
Rented OS for a pittance
Trimmed wages and staff

For a football based strategy? Just an idea... :lol:

Post by 9898 »

Byrney83 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:12 pm
9898 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:00 pm Brady is doing an outstanding job for the business.

A few examples:
Rented OS for a pittance
Trimmed wages and staff

Not being rude, but you have no idea regarding job titles and their responsibilities.

Her position has nothing to do with 'football strategy'.

Do you think she picks the team or chooses who we sign? :lol:
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Byrney83

Post by Byrney83 »

9898 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:24 pm
Byrney83 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:12 pm

Not being rude, but you have no idea regarding job titles and their responsibilities.

Her position has nothing to do with 'football strategy'.

Do you think she picks the team or chooses who we sign? :lol:
I think we need a football strategy. As you say, she is not the person to deliver.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Byrney83 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:04 pmWe welcome all fans, of any opinion, and we simply set out to improve their supporter experience.
Sadly that's not true.

Anyone who voices a different opinion, whether it is on FB or any of the forums is shouted down and called GSB stooge or worse. Whilst I appreciate you cannot control your membership in their opinion, don't paint it out to be tolerent and welcoming.

Byrney83

Post by Byrney83 »

hd1 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:12 pm
Byrney83 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:04 pmWe welcome all fans, of any opinion, and we simply set out to improve their supporter experience.
Sadly that's not true.

Anyone who voices a different opinion, whether it is on FB or any of the forums is shouted down and called GSB stooge or worse. Whilst I appreciate you cannot control your membership in their opinion, don't paint it out to be tolerent and welcoming.
The committee is tolerant and welcoming. As you say, we cannot control the posts of every member. Please believe us when we say all West Ham fans are genuinely welcome.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:26 pm
Flairon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:02 am Why does it have to be pro or anti GSB!?!

There are those that perhaps feel that nothing they say or do will change the ownership until such time as the owners wish to sell and move on. As such, such parties simply elect not to waste their time of energy pissing and moaning about. That does not mean they are pro anyone.
Excellent point Flair.
I myself am “anti” but you’re spot on and it’s a modern-day, partisan culture where neutrality or even partial-impartiality is either frowned upon or even discounted totally.
Which is fucking hugely ironic as it counts for probably the majority of people.
And I’m not just talking about WHU btw.
You are so fucking right. Here in the States, if you are not pro Trump or show compassion for your fellow man your are automatically labelled as a liberal.
Flairon