What's happened to the forum?

Chat about anything football related here!

What's happened to the forum?

Post by 9898 »

Just seen there are 4 people on it. 4!!
The record is over 1100 but numbers are massively dropping.
Is it a natural slow down? Is it a Footymad exodus? Is neglect resulting in these numbers?

I hope the numbers pick up as it will have a knock on effect elsewhere.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Re: What's happened to the forum?

Post by Oziron »

Most people are in bed at 4.28am when you posted.

I guess you have to do something while you are waiting for mummy to change your bed sheets...... (again)...

Post by 9898 »

What you talking about .z?
Look again.

Anyway, hows everyone?
Hows the missus? Did you take her up the bar after lockdown?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

They're all too busy on Twitter and Bookface to bother with the Forum.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Not forgetting you tube of course :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

It's a Footymad moment, isn't it?
Mass desertion of the forum when, in theory, it should be busy.
I assume that many posters started to feel the forum is being used as a conduit to get people onto the social media channels....fully subscribed. The fine line between business and 'football friends' has probably been crossed.

I have always been a big advocate of this sites social media but, I have to be truthful. I watched half a video the other day and switched off. Numerous Patreon adverts. Adverts to buy products from the sites shop!! Is that the action of 'just doing it for a bunch of friends'. I certainly don't try and sell my friends products when they visit me at home. The presenters did not look authentic and came across as two people acting, which is sad as the initial appeal was the feel that it wasn't contrived. I then watched West Ham Fan TV that, although less polished, was a far better watch as it felt like a fans for fans podcast.

I hoped this sites CEO and COO had learnt from Footymad, and the fact their demise was down to them blatantly trying to earn money from posters. I guess some lessons end up getting learned the hard way.

P.S a massive 4 posters on board currently

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:23 am It's a Footymad moment, isn't it?
I assume that many posters started to feel the forum is being used as a conduit to get people onto the social media channels....fully subscribed. The fine line between business and 'football friends' has probably been crossed.

I have always been a big advocate of this sites social media but, I have to be truthful. I watched half a video the other day and switched off. Numerous Patreon adverts. Adverts to buy products from the sites shop!! Is that the action of 'just doing it for a bunch of friends'. I certainly don't try and sell my friends products when they visit me at home. The presenters did not look authentic and came across as two people acting, which is sad as the initial appeal was the feel that it wasn't contrived. I then watched West Ham Fan TV that, although less polished, was a far better watch as it felt like a fans for fans podcast.

I hoped this sites CEO and COO had learnt from Footymad, and the fact their demise was down to them blatantly trying to earn money from posters. I guess some lessons end up getting learned the hard way.

Some of us have jobs mate .

Pale doesn’t cos he’s an old cunt .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Maybe we're just not online same time as you.
Maybe we don't care who else is online at the same time as us so we don't look like you do.
Maybe we switch off if we see certain people online.
Maybe we have the button pressed so it doesn't show we're online when we actually are.
🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:08 am
9898 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:23 am It's a Footymad moment, isn't it?

Some of us have jobs mate .

Pale doesn’t cos he’s an old cunt .
Indeed. And speaking as someone who will soon be reliant on the state pension to supplement my shrinking, as a result of the bloody lockdown, investment income, may I respectfully suggest you get your nose back to the fucking grindstone and stop wasting valuable time poncing around on the forum.

Bloody slackers.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Post by 9898 »

7 users currently online