West Ham vs Watford Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: West Ham vs Watford Official Match Thread

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:43 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:41 pm

I'm liking Bowen, not flashy but a 100% type of player and exactly what we needed in a relegation scrap. As for Soucek, hes what we've been missing for an absolute age, a midfielder willing to bust a gut to get in the box. He's not to shabby with his other responsibilities either.
Bowen is a tubby, championshipsy player.
The Lidl Fellaini will not score 4 PL goals next season.
Also top of the premier league stats for assists since the restart. Next :lol:

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

hd1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:09 am Why is anyone responding to the bedwetting wind up merchant?

He loves it when you do, just ignore the cunt.

Overall I found it interesting that in the last two games with Noble playing in the 10 role with Soucek and Rice behind we've score 7 and only conceded 1. Moyes tactical genius?
because it is fun knowing that he's absolutely pulling his hair out because he's been shown up for the know nothing cunt he is.....again.
Shame his mob didn't make the Champions league with the special one though :cry:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:54 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:22 am

I think it would be a mistake to leave Fornals out tbh. Another assist last night for Antonio's goal. I like him. He keeps it simple and seems to spot openings quickly. Not a spectacular player by any means but imo he's going to play an important role.

Think you're right about the owners. Stuck with them until they can cash in without any penalty. Think they'll be off then tbh. They aren't getting any younger.

Thats the Prob mate...we need a bit of Class, Flair, bit off Magic in there...is why would give Anderson the Nod
over him....Find meself going.. yeah good player ..loads of potential...gotta start him to...Err..not so sure really,we have
better on bench....
But someone will be off....wont be him or Anderson...so def one of Lanza or Jack...not room for all of them....theres
only really one space available for the 4 of them now...we have 5 of the MF/Strikers positions more or less sorted..
Still got Nobes in that as well.,,,getting a bit crowded there.

Haller must start as well eventually...we've got a class player there...got to get it out of him,get him in the game,
can see him and Anderson getting on...not really had a chance yet..
If we're really serious about mounting Euro challenges tyhen squad strength is key. You're righjt there's limited space in the starting line up but everyone needs options. Yes, Anderson can be a matchwinner, as we saw last season, but he's been one of the major disappointments this. Will he hang around as a squad player ? Fully fit and playing at the top of their game I'd agree with you that Lanzini and Wilshere would both be pushing very hard for a starting berth. But they are neither fully fit nor on top of their game. Will they ever be ? And of course Noble, whatever people's opinion of whether he staerts or not, is 33 so has limited gas left in the tank.

Haller's a bit of an enigma. Imo his best recentish game was against Saints when he partnered Antonio as the nearest thing to a two up front we've seen. But at the moment Antonio is playing so well in his new role it would be almost criminal to think of deploying him elsewhere. Personally I have doubts as to whether he can keep it up but he certainly deserves to carry on there at the moment, and if that means Haller's on the bench, so be it.

No idea how much transfer kitty we'll have but you can bet your life it won't be huge. And two FBs are an essential addition. Johnson showed prmise last night imo and can perform either side so should be getting decent pitch time if he stays fit. In fact on the evidence of last night, not much to go on but he showed some good awareness out there, he's the best we have at the moment. But if he's to develop properly, and as a safeguard against inevitable injuries, we need better cover than Fredericks and Cresswell.

If Reid gets back to full working order he'll give us some extra cover in central defence but again there are probably question marks about his fitness. But for me two full backs are an absolute must. If there's money left over once those weaknesses are addressed, and please no more vanity signings like Phil fucking Jones, I think we'd have a squad good enough to at least avoid ther traumas of this season.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:54 pm
punkrockhammer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:53 pm Anderson won’t be here next season
Fingers crossed
Don't see how we'd flog him and get value, signed a 4 yr contract last year and is making 85k per week. We'd never recoup the over 40 mill paid, so probably more sense in Moyes trying to get a tune out of him and regain some of last season's form in a team that's overall performing better. Then sell him!
#fuckqatar2022

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Thats the Prob mate...we need a bit of Class, Flair, bit off Magic in there...is why would give Anderson the Nod
over him....Find meself going.. yeah good player ..loads of potential...gotta start him to...Err..not so sure really,we have
better on bench....
But someone will be off....wont be him or Anderson...so def one of Lanza or Jack...not room for all of them....theres
only really one space available for the 4 of them now...we have 5 of the MF/Strikers positions more or less sorted..

Haller must start as well eventually...we've got a class player there...got to get it out of him,get him in the game,
If we're really serious about mounting Euro challenges tyhen squad strength is key. You're righjt there's limited space in the starting line up but everyone needs options. Yes, Anderson can be a matchwinner, as we saw last season, but he's been one of the major disappointments this. Will he hang around as a squad player ? Fully fit and playing at the top of their game I'd agree with you that Lanzini and Wilshere would both be pushing very hard for a starting berth. But they are neither fully fit nor on top of their game. Will they ever be ? And of course Noble, whatever people's opinion of whether he staerts or not, is 33 so has limited gas left in the tank.

Haller's a bit of an enigma. Imo his best recentish game was against Saints when he partnered Antonio as the nearest thing to a two up front we've seen. But at the moment Antonio is playing so well in his new role it would be almost criminal to think of deploying him elsewhere. Personally I have doubts as to whether he can keep it up but he certainly deserves to carry on there at the moment, and if that means Haller's on the bench, so be it.

No idea how much transfer kitty we'll have but you can bet your life it won't be huge. And two FBs are an essential addition. Johnson showed prmise last night imo and can perform either side so should be getting decent pitch time if he stays fit. In fact on the evidence of last night, not much to go on but he showed some good awareness out there, he's the best we have at the moment. But if he's to develop properly, and as a safeguard against inevitable injuries, we need better cover than Fredericks and Cresswell.

If Reid gets back to full working order he'll give us some extra cover in central defence but again there are probably question marks about his fitness. But for me two full backs are an absolute must. If there's money left over once those weaknesses are addressed, and please no more vanity signings like Phil fucking Jones, I think we'd have a squad good enough to at least avoid ther traumas of this season.
I like the idea of 3 forward players with no actual defined CF.....we're calling micky a CF...but he naturally drifts to the wing
spends a lot of the time out there taking guys on getting balls in...more often than not for soucek to get on...
if we had Haller in there as well.......Seen some of Hallers stuff from Eintract...likes to come from deep and set people up
as well...more to his game than the "Target man" we use him for...
Don't like 2 up top...never have done...your taking 2 players out of the game..if anything I'd prefer the old false 9 thing..
we could actually play that with players we have.....our strength if we have one.. :lol: is our MFers now...
would play a back 3 with it as well...
Or a 3-5-1-1 thing...one behind Haller...I'd go with Anderson...who will come good,I am missing the point a bit with him
being scapegoated so much...one of the hardest working Mfers we've had here....he ain't a get stuck in MFer....to light footed,
bit light in the pass as well, needs to punch the ball thru more....but the guy has some beautiful skills and great awareness.
Him and Haller, Micky and Bowen/Yarmo swapping wings ...Soucek coming from deep...a fit again Jack/Fornals/lanzini
in there as well.....that should be worrying most defences..

I don't know who to blame for the Full Back Situation....Owners couldn't set a Modern day side up if their lives depended
on it....Various Managers have been...oh you'll do...loved Zabs...but that was wrong...Arthurs a winger...Cress is just average..
Freds not on it yet.....doesn't know when to stay when to go.....they're Seriously important players now the "Fullbacks"
Should be nothing "Back" about them...should spend most of the game halfway line and in opponents half..

Think the way we've finished off...means Moyes will be here another year....if we'd had to scrape a draw against Villa last game
might have been different.....also means no decent Budget for incoming....if a new Bod was coming in,they'd have to
promise him some decent money to spend....less it's Dyche...who is 1-0 ing again at the moment.... :lol:
Rice wont be leaving...only guy raises 20/25mill or so is Anderson....and don't think he'll be leaving...
So no idea how were gonna raise any funds...be bits and pieces....maybe Yarmo...Lanza....

Dyche has got 2 ...fuck me...get him in..... :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

better on bench....

That’s a surprisingly upbeat post from yourself mr W & I have to agree with you pretty much 👍🏻

Moyes OUT !!!
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

better on bench....

Ain't Reid playing in Canada or something like that? Might be on loan maybe but can't see him returning tbh
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:15 pm

That’s a surprisingly upbeat post from yourself mr W & I have to agree with you pretty much 👍🏻

Moyes OUT !!!
Upbeat ? Maybe. But I do think we have a reasonable nucleus of players and, whether by accident or design, Moyes seems to have found a system that works. FFS he's even found his Fellaini figure so he can model us on his old Everton side. With the addition of a couple of decent full backs we should be able to achieve a comfortable position in the table. Outside the top 4 or 5 the overall standard's nothing to be scared of is it ? Even Manchester City have got problems. No Aguerro and they're 25% down imo. And David Silva's going to be a massive loss.

So get ready for Rvertom Mark II mate. Hey, maybe we can play the Z Cars theme instead of the dirge when the teams come out. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Bournemouth are fucked few people were touting for fucking Eddie Howe a while back
:D

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:14 pm Bournemouth are fucked few people were touting for fucking Eddie Howe a while back
:D
Hanging in there just about. Ings just missed a penalty to make it 0-2. In other news Watford, bizarrely, have just sacked Nigel Pearson. Strange one that.

Edit: Just remembered, Ings is in me fantasy team the fuckin' twat.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?