Noble 500

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Noble 500

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:54 am Been a fabulous servant to this club.Every West Ham fan will appreciate that.Would like to see him get a job on the coaching side,maybe with the Youth team.He deserves that.
Can't agree Terry. I hate the "jobs for the old boys" philosophy. I'm sure Noble probably has ambitions of coaching/management and imo he would be better off doing it away from West Ham. That way he can have a completely fresh start and introduce his own ideas much more readily than if he suddenly started working with the same group of coaches he's been involved with during his career.

Gerrard's situation at Liverpool was somewhat similar to Noble's. A one club man, respected by the fans, and expected to take on a role within his club. But he went off to pastures new to learn his trade. Away from the comfort zone. His next move should be a return to England to manage at a reasonable level. Someone of Noble's experience would I am sure not find it difficult to gain employment in league one or two, or maybe in the national league, to cut his teeth. Succeed there and work your way up the ladder is the best way imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Post by 9898 »

Being the board sop will be his lasting memory to true West Ham fans.
Sold out in search for them mighty pound note.

Shame on you Mark Noble.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:06 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:54 am Been a fabulous servant to this club.Every West Ham fan will appreciate that.Would like to see him get a job on the coaching side,maybe with the Youth team.He deserves that.
Can't agree Terry. I hate the "jobs for the old boys" philosophy. I'm sure Noble probably has ambitions of coaching/management and imo he would be better off doing it away from West Ham. That way he can have a completely fresh start and introduce his own ideas much more readily than if he suddenly started working with the same group of coaches he's been involved with during his career.

Gerrard's situation at Liverpool was somewhat similar to Noble's. A one club man, respected by the fans, and expected to take on a role within his club. But he went off to pastures new to learn his trade. Away from the comfort zone. His next move should be a return to England to manage at a reasonable level. Someone of Noble's experience would I am sure not find it difficult to gain employment in league one or two, or maybe in the national league, to cut his teeth. Succeed there and work your way up the ladder is the best way imo.
I can see where you are coming from Whiskyman.

I do think though,if Klopp wasn't at Liverpool and they were in the position they were roughly before he came,Gerrard would have been appointed..Klopp changed the whole dynamics of Liverpool Football Club,when he came in.

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo »

Agreed.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Pretty sure Gerrard started with Liverpool youth academy before moving on from the club but I do agree, everyone who wants to be a manager should start low and work their way up
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Great achievement in today's mercenary world of the pro footballer, no doubt about that. But for me personally he went down in my estimation at the Burnley match. Tensions were high that day, but in my book he should have acted like Ginge did and not like an all black.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:50 pm Great achievement in today's mercenary world of the pro footballer, no doubt about that. But for me personally he went down in my estimation at the Burnley match. Tensions were high that day, but in my book he should have acted like Ginge did and not like an all black.
Agree with this ,also becoming the boards mouth piece didn’t go down well.
On the rare occasions we got a penalty it was comforting to know he was in the side to take them.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Oziron wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:52 am He gets way too much stick on here.......

(tin hat on...!!)

Totally agree Oz, what an achievement in today’s football to Play 500 games for the team u support and now be capt. still a great attitude really good passer and whilst not quick he’s still got a decent engine. I would hope he knows the time to quit and not give the boo boys their scapegoat. If we want to progress his days are probably numbered but defo a whu legend .0

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

palerider wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:12 am There'll be an outpouring of relief now although should Bournemouth win today and both Villa and Watford do the same on Tuesday, followed by Manure sticking 6 past us with no reply an Wednesday it will be behind the sofa time again, and Noble's efforts will be on the back burner.

He had a good game on Friday night. And in a world where loyalty means getting a dog it's a worthy achievment.

Name something after him, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be part of next season's squad but to actually improve he should not be a starter every game and I think he realises that himself.

There'll be an outpouring of relief now although should Bournemouth win today and both Villa and Watford do the same on Tuesday, followed by Manure sticking 6 past us with no reply an Wednesday it will be behind the sofa time again, and Noble's efforts will be on the back burner.

No chance mate, not with Bournemouth anyway.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:50 pm Great achievement in today's mercenary world of the pro footballer, no doubt about that. But for me personally he went down in my estimation at the Burnley match. Tensions were high that day, but in my book he should have acted like Ginge did and not like an all black.
Can’t agree mate. So he took out some silly cunt who shouldn’t have been on the pitch in the first place. Should have giving the cunt a couple of right handers as well imo. One of the reasons I can’t take that Colborne character seriously either tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?