Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 am Naaaaaaaaaarch are interested in Hugill.

Whether or not he could be used as a bargaining chip for Eze, would you take the offer if it's on the table ?
Never seen Eze play so haven't a scooby if the bloke is any good or not.

Never had piles so fuck knows if the brand is any good for curing them. ;)

But I'd happily use Hugill as bait if we could persuade the carrot crunchers to part with Jamal Lewis for a fee we could afford. Which is probably around £19.99. So a complete non starter I'd guess.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:17 am
palerider wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 am Naaaaaaaaaarch are interested in Hugill.

Whether or not he could be used as a bargaining chip for Eze, would you take the offer if it's on the table ?
Never seen Eze play so haven't a scooby if the bloke is any good or not.

Never had piles so fuck knows if the brand is any good for curing them. ;)

But I'd happily use Hugill as bait if we could persuade the carrot crunchers to part with Jamal Lewis for a fee we could afford. Which is probably around £19.99. So a complete non starter I'd guess.
Now if there is one player I would want from any of the teams that dropped into the championship it would have to be Lewis for me , and being as Norwich want Hugill , the deal should be done at once , what could be the problem ? with that .
The problem is Hugill apparently is on £35k a week , and this is a stumbling block .
Last edited by Clayton on Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Really do not understand the rumours still circulating that we are after Eze , why ? he is a AM who as been played where needed by his manager mainly on the left , when more important positions have to be sorted in our starting eleven LB or RB , a proper LW , definitely a striker or 2 .Maybe even a CM/DM .
Even if Moyes really wanted Eze , Moyes would have to bring in a very good defensive minded LB , because Eze ain't going to track back to help out like Bowen does on the right .
If Moyes wanted Eze as a Number ten then ok , but we already have Fornals and Lanzini yet Moyes prefers Noble to play there .

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

I don't want another complete overhaul of players. A couple id like to get rid of Anderson, Masuaku,

Then bring in Rico Henry, John Stones on loan and if we can use Hugill to get Eze that would be great.
If i am being greedy id like another keeper, but could probably wait another season for that.

Id like us to give Diangana a real run in the side, he could save us 20m - if he was a player for Brentford we'd be wanting to sign him, so why not use him?!

Fabianski
Johnson, Diop, Ogbonna, Henry
Rice, Souceck
Bowen, Eze, Diangana
Antonio

With the likes of Wilshere, Lanzini, Yarmolenko, Haller in the squad as well.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

jhammers wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:20 pm I don't want another complete overhaul of players. A couple id like to get rid of Anderson, Masuaku,

Then bring in Rico Henry, John Stones on loan and if we can use Hugill to get Eze that would be great.
If i am being greedy id like another keeper, but could probably wait another season for that.

Id like us to give Diangana a real run in the side, he could save us 20m - if he was a player for Brentford we'd be wanting to sign him, so why not use him?!

Fabianski
Rice, Souceck
Bowen, Eze, Diangana
Antonio

Strange...don't you rate Fornals?...I would play him in the Eze role

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:33 pm
jhammers wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:20 pm I don't want another complete overhaul of players. A couple id like to get rid of Anderson, Masuaku,

Fabianski
Rice, Souceck
Bowen, Eze, Diangana
Antonio

Strange...don't you rate Fornals?...I would play him in the Eze role
Ill be honest mate, i completely forgot him! I like him as well

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Fabianski
Rice, Souceck
Bowen, Eze, Diangana
Antonio

I'd not want John Stones anywhere near our team tbh. We give away far too many goals with silly errors already. Another player totally over hyped by our media because he can occasionally play a decent pass out of defence imo.

And how many people saying we should sign this Eze character have actually seen him ? Must admit I haven't but people I've spoken to who have reckon he's a lazy little fucker who neglects the defensive part of his game.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Fabianski
Rice, Souceck
Bowen, Eze, Diangana
Antonio

Wilshere , Lanzini and Yarmaenko in the squad as well , why ? Are you hoping Wilshere and Yarmolenko will stay fit so they can carry on earning a fortune off the back of us mugs , maybe coming off the bench in a couple of games , and Lanzini finds some sort of form .We need to get shot of these bloodsuckers , they are draining the funds of the club .
So we have to pray Johnson and Antonio stay fit , Antonio many were calling for him to be sold prior to the lock down now he is Messi , well I hope for your sake he continues his fine run of luck .
Fabs has looked half the keeper since his return from injury and definitely doesn't fill me with any serious optimism next season .
As for our CB pairing are they really good enough , in my eyes I don't even think they look comfortable playing together , are they even good enough ? I can let Diop off with a lot , the guy is only 23 , so still has a lot to learn , but how is it Rice at 21 is so much more self assured . As for Ogbonna 😱😨who I do not rate as a top defender , pulled the wool over the eyes of so many fans.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Fabianski
Rice, Souceck
Bowen, Eze, Diangana
Antonio

Wilshere :lol:

Great player......once.

I expect his next appearance will be around Christmas time, the Beeb doing a second lockdown adaptation of A Christmas Carol.

' You're home early love.....Tiny Jack went out to look for you'

'Well, t'is Christmas Eve my dear. Even Scrooge is obliged. And indeed, I saw him up by Pudding Lane. I had to carry him the rest of the way, what with his crutches and all'.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:15 am

Fabianski
Rice, Souceck
Bowen, Eze, Diangana
Antonio

Wilshere , Lanzini and Yarmaenko in the squad as well , why ? Are you hoping Wilshere and Yarmolenko will stay fit so they can carry on earning a fortune off the back of us mugs , maybe coming off the bench in a couple of games , and Lanzini finds some sort of form .We need to get shot of these bloodsuckers , they are draining the funds of the club .
So we have to pray Johnson and Antonio stay fit , Antonio many were calling for him to be sold prior to the lock down now he is Messi , well I hope for your sake he continues his fine run of luck .
Fabs has looked half the keeper since his return from injury and definitely doesn't fill me with any serious optimism next season .
As for our CB pairing are they really good enough , in my eyes I don't even think they look comfortable playing together , are they even good enough ? I can let Diop off with a lot , the guy is only 23 , so still has a lot to learn , but how is it Rice at 21 is so much more self assured . As for Ogbonna 😱😨who I do not rate as a top defender , pulled the wool over the eyes of so many fans.
Funny how opinions differ. I rate Ogbonna as one of the best defenders outside the so called "elite". In fact I think he'd walk into Chelsea's defence. And for me a far better central defender than the £70 million donkey at Old Trafford. And Diop will be a top defender in years to come, just as soon as he, like Ogbonna, has a couple of reliable full backs either side of them who know how to defend.

I sympathise with our CDs, including Balbuena. It's hard enough defending in a crap team without having to worry about what gaps cunts like Fredericks and Cresswell are going to leave for you to cover up for.