Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Official Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:01 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:27 am If I had a pound for every time a journalist has mentioned Rice going to Chelsea,I would be a millionaire now,

Maybe the hate for West Ham and owners is that much,that they are willing the transfer over the line.They would love it,if we were relegated.

From a club that was much loved by other fans,when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's,to one of the most disliked by ALL.(fans,journos,other owners etc).

Started with the Tevez saga to these c*nts taking over,who have taken it to extraordinary level.

We are detested by EVERYONE because of THEM.
I don't think this particular transfer has anything to do with the dwarf tbh. I think it's simply because it's so bloody clear that a player of Rice's ability should be playing for a team capable of competing at the top end of the table as opposed to fannying around at a club making up the numbers. Add that to the fact he's a mate of Mason Mount, used to be at Chelsea's academy, and that Chelsea do need to tighten up their defensive options and for a sports journo it's a no brainer.

Good luck to him. He owes West Ham nothing and should be looking at his own career prospects and making plans accordingly.
Think they'll be bidding by tomorrow morning after this performance v the baggies. I've kind of accepted that Rice will be offskis sooner rather than later and am just hoping the money is actually reinvested in the squad rather than 'just resting' in Sully's bank account. £45m + RLC wouldn't be too insulting imo.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:43 pm

I don't think this particular transfer has anything to do with the dwarf tbh. I think it's simply because it's so bloody clear that a player of Rice's ability should be playing for a team capable of competing at the top end of the table as opposed to fannying around at a club making up the numbers. Add that to the fact he's a mate of Mason Mount, used to be at Chelsea's academy, and that Chelsea do need to tighten up their defensive options and for a sports journo it's a no brainer.

Good luck to him. He owes West Ham nothing and should be looking at his own career prospects and making plans accordingly.
Think they'll be bidding by tomorrow morning after this performance v the baggies. I've kind of accepted that Rice will be offskis sooner rather than later and am just hoping the money is actually reinvested in the squad rather than 'just resting' in Sully's bank account. £45m + RLC wouldn't be too insulting imo.
Always been a big fan , but his injury history worries me , missed 19 games 17/18 season and missed 38 18/19 season , really think we can do better , like Dutchman Teun Koopmeiners .

palerider

Post by palerider »

I think the 40m plus bid that's being touted is an insult.

Loftus Cheek's ok but his injury record is poor. You'd have thought we'd have learned our lesson after AC and Wheelchair.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:08 am

Loftus Cheek's ok but his injury record is poor. You'd have thought we'd have learned our lesson after AC and Wheelchair.
Why? Our record of signing injury plagued players goes way back beyond the Wheelchair man. Stewart Robson, Kieron Dyer, Andy Carroll and of course Wheelchair himself. If we haven't learnt the lesson yet I doubt we ever will.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:27 am If I had a pound for every time a journalist has mentioned Rice going to Chelsea,I would be a millionaire now,

Maybe the hate for West Ham and owners is that much,that they are willing the transfer over the line.They would love it,if we were relegated.

From a club that was much loved by other fans,when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's,to one of the most disliked by ALL.(fans,journos,other owners etc).

Started with the Tevez saga to these c*nts taking over,who have taken it to extraordinary level.

Fuck me, playing the victims card now :lol:

I don't know anyone who hates us because of the owners, apart from West Ham fans, What utter bollox

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:32 am

I don't know anyone who hates us because of the owners, apart from West Ham fans, What utter bollox
You are entitled to your opinion HD.

vICTIMS CARD..FFS :lol: :lol: :lol: Your better than that HD

I am not sure how old you are mate,(sure we are roughly the same age),but from me personally, I know how we were perceived by other fans back in the 70`s, & 80's and how we are seen now.

From my experience,we are very much disliked.You will always get your big team haters,like Liverpool,United,Chelsea,etc,but outside them,we top the list.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:08 am

Fair comment. It's a shame though because I thought he was an excellent player before he ruptured his Achilles. I did a bit of digging and apparently it was a really bad rupture and there's a better than evens chance he'll never recover fully - I was unaware of that fact when I posted so I rescind my £45M + RLC comments! I'm thinking now they'll try to use Barkley as vastly overpriced makeweight to dilute Rice's value.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:57 am

You are entitled to your opinion HD.

vICTIMS CARD..FFS :lol: :lol: :lol: Your better than that HD

I am not sure how old you are mate,(sure we are roughly the same age),but from me personally, I know how we were perceived by other fans back in the 70`s, & 80's and how we are seen now.

From my experience,we are very much disliked.You will always get your big team haters,like Liverpool,United,Chelsea,etc,but outside them,we top the list.
You won't like this Terry, and I believe you're right to an extent that the dwarf's odious persona does engender a lot of bad feeling towards anything he's involved with. However I hear on the radio, read in the press and , most tellingly, hear the pub gossip that West Ham fans in general are now considered to be amongst the most, to use the current buzzword, deluded. There is a perception among fans of many other clubs that a lot of our fans see the club as something that should be a force in the league and not one that over the past 25 years or so has been up and down more frequently than Mary Millington's g string in her prime.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I think it was the West Germans that most hated us as we beat them in 66.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Lets start with anyone connected with Birmingham City..... ;)