Haller payment.....

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Haller payment.....

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:38 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:32 pm I’m inclined to agree in general but this one is pretty much binary.
They’ve either paid or they haven’t.
Eintracht Frankfurt have said they haven’t, sources in the German media have said they haven’t and, most tellingly...... Bilbo Baggins hasn’t refuted any of it.
Had they already paid, you can guarantee Bilbo would have his media minions writing blue murder and would probably be threatening legal action.
It's amazing how the main stream sports media have missed out on such a big story....
Last time Sky/Bt reported something negative about the board they had to issue an apology.
Which might make them think twice the next time,
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:57 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:44 pm

I think the majority thought that,when we see the plans.Didn`t see all the lies and deceit that followed.I and many know now,they were in it for the mega bucks made from UP..

Yeah,I know,they sold it for only £40 million,but it was sold on within literately in weeks for a reported £140 million.Don`t tell me that G & S didn`t make a nice little earner out of the resale.If they would have sold it for that figure,us fans,would have been asking where the £140 million was?Clever of them,aye.
Completely agree. Anyone with the right number of working brain cells must have realised Upton Park was way past it's sell by. But most of us weren't taken in by the next level bollocks. And the Dildos spectacularly screwed the pooch, particularly Dribbly with his nonsense about retractable seats, by mismanaging the move, A half competent businessman would have handled the move in a professional way and avoided a lot of the grief that's followed.

But to blame our shit on field performances on the move is stupid. Anyone would think we had never been in a relegation scrap before we left Upton Park.

A fortress it bloody well wasn't.
I'm wondering if it was the sale of Upton Park was the reason for the move and the money made from the resale that was their real aim?Getting a measly £40 million and it being sold,apparently for a £140 million in a few weeks..Don`t tell me,that deal wasn`t in place years before we left?They must have taken a nice chunk from that.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Completely agree. Anyone with the right number of working brain cells must have realised Upton Park was way past it's sell by. But most of us weren't taken in by the next level bollocks. And the Dildos spectacularly screwed the pooch, particularly Dribbly with his nonsense about retractable seats, by mismanaging the move, A half competent businessman would have handled the move in a professional way and avoided a lot of the grief that's followed.

But to blame our shit on field performances on the move is stupid. Anyone would think we had never been in a relegation scrap before we left Upton Park.

I'm wondering if it was the sale of Upton Park was the reason for the move and the money made from the resale that was their real aim?Getting a measly £40 million and it being sold,apparently for a £140 million in a few weeks..Don`t tell me,that deal wasn`t in place years before we left?They must have taken a nice chunk from that.
It’s statements like that ( that we all agree with by the way) that get the Dwarf’s Lawyers on red alert :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:26 pm

It’s statements like that ( that we all agree with by the way) that get the Dwarf’s Lawyers on red alert :lol:
I'm just asking the question Tim?

It`s funny how they wanted to do exactly the same thing when Birmingham made a bid for the Commonwealth Games,before Manchester were awarded them.?
Coincidence?
Make your own mind up?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

So we're not reading about the lack of installment payments in the mainstream media for Haller because:

a) Sullivan has dirt on every news editor
b) They might have to make an apology if it's not true

Really?

Right....... :roll:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

[/quote]

And I'm wondering why, if it is true and dodgy dealings happened, why the mainstream media hasn't exposed this?

Plenty of expose type journo's out there looking to make a name for themselves, yet it's never been written......

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:04 pm
And I'm wondering why, if it is true and dodgy dealings happened, why the mainstream media hasn't exposed this?

Plenty of expose type journo's out there looking to make a name for themselves, yet it's never been written......
What he, and I mean Sully, did regarding Upton Park, was, unfortunately for us not illegal, despicable yes, underhanded yes, calculated yes, deceptive yes but not illegal.
The only thing your expose type journo`s will prove is what the majority ... ;) ......of us already know.....he is a lying, conniving, robbing little cunt....period.

Post by 9898 »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:04 pm

[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:00 pm So we're not reading about the lack of installment payments in the mainstream media for Haller because:

a) Sullivan has dirt on every news editor
b) They might have to make an apology if it's not true

Really?

Right....... :roll:
German media not good enough for you?

You think if it was made up Sullivan wouldn’t come out looking to sue those papers?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

And I thought I was the resident cynic Terry. Tbh I'm very surprised there hasn't been more digging into that particular deal by the tax authorities. As Andy has said in an earlier post there is absolutely nothing illegal about the deal------assuming the necessary transactions were conducted transparently and subject to normal accounting and auditing practices.

The disparity in the reported transaction prices is so huge that normally warning bells would ring very loud.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?