Soucek - Goals next season

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Soucek - Goals next season

Post by terrya1965 »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:23 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:57 am

Just pulling your leg mate.

You do a wonderful job mate.

It actually disappoints me that Gonzo and Geo don't write on here no more.
Clearly I've missed something. What's the reason behind that?
They are too busy with their channel now.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:16 am I want to see Rice making those forward runs now and not just at the end of matches we are losing ,😲,Rice has adapted his game from playing as a Center Half to a very good Defensive Midfielder , he has even taken it a step further this season and is becoming more of a attack minded Central Midfielder , what we need now is a ball playing Defensive Midfielder someone like Teun Koopmeiners to be brought in , I can hear the gasps of horror now coming from the Chicken Run 😲.
In all honesty I really cannot see what Soucek offers us apart from someone running around for 90 minutes , his passing is non existent he hasn't a creative bone in his body , he lacks any sort of pace , he rarely tackles ( Yes I know I am blind and cannot see is attributes :roll: . )
Ok he is tall so comes in handy I suppose with headed clearance in the box and around the midfield , he does manage to into the box and get his head on the end of maybe a cross/corner or the opponents headed clearance but I want to see more from our central midfielder , and in my eyes he really does not have it 😢.

Don't get me wrong I like the lad , but I think the starting eleven can be improved upon , do we really need a Fellani playing in claret and blue ? . I do not want to see us turned into what Moyes see's as his new Everton of hardworking under achievers clones of Hibbert - Osman - Neville - Cahill and Fellani .
Of course the starting eleven can be improved on. Given an obscene amount of money we could replace any of the starting 11 with better. Yes, even Declan Rice. But there are many players who, at least imo, are more replaceable than Soucek. For the money we paid for him, just like Coufal, he represents excellent vfm. And for a club apparently short of readies vfm is the be all and end all. Which makes it even more incomprehensible why sicknote 2 is apparently being offered a fucking 3 year contract. The club, as always, is being run like a fucking whelk stall.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:46 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:16 am I want to see Rice making those forward runs now and not just at the end of matches we are losing ,😲,Rice has adapted his game from playing as a Center Half to a very good Defensive Midfielder , he has even taken it a step further this season and is becoming more of a attack minded Central Midfielder , what we need now is a ball playing Defensive Midfielder someone like Teun Koopmeiners to be brought in , I can hear the gasps of horror now coming from the Chicken Run 😲.
In all honesty I really cannot see what Soucek offers us apart from someone running around for 90 minutes , his passing is non existent he hasn't a creative bone in his body , he lacks any sort of pace , he rarely tackles ( Yes I know I am blind and cannot see is attributes :roll: . )
Ok he is tall so comes in handy I suppose with headed clearance in the box and around the midfield , he does manage to into the box and get his head on the end of maybe a cross/corner or the opponents headed clearance but I want to see more from our central midfielder , and in my eyes he really does not have it 😢.

Don't get me wrong I like the lad , but I think the starting eleven can be improved upon , do we really need a Fellani playing in claret and blue ? . I do not want to see us turned into what Moyes see's as his new Everton of hardworking under achievers clones of Hibbert - Osman - Neville - Cahill and Fellani .
Of course the starting eleven can be improved on. Given an obscene amount of money we could replace any of the starting 11 with better. Yes, even Declan Rice. But there are many players who, at least imo, are more replaceable than Soucek. For the money we paid for him, just like Coufal, he represents excellent vfm. And for a club apparently short of readies vfm is the be all and end all. Which makes it even more incomprehensible why sicknote 2 is apparently being offered a fucking 3 year contract. The club, as always, is being run like a fucking whelk stall.
Soucek has brought stability and a certain resilience to our midfield .
Moyes may or may not have been responsible for his arrival , I have my doubts , but Moyes is certainly responsible for rendering him useless by including Noble in the same midfield.

I would even go as far as suggesting that Rice may not be as good as he seems if Soucek were absent .

What the Messiah give with one hand he taketh away with the other.
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Moyes may or may not have been responsible for his arrival , I have my doubts , but Moyes is certainly responsible for rendering him useless by including Noble in the same midfield.

I would even go as far as suggesting that Rice may not be as good as he seems if Soucek were absent .

But did we need that resilience against the likes of Fulham - Sheffield Utd - Palace and Brighton ? .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:38 pm

But did we need that resilience against the likes of Fulham - Sheffield Utd - Palace and Brighton ? .
I can’t say since he was playing in all 3 games.

He is a typical defensive midfielder.

You don’t realise how good he is or what he really does until he is absent.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Soucek's arrival has given Rice more of a licence to go forward more which is a plus. Of course it's also obvious that yesterday's inclusion of the arthritic tortoise blunted the ability of the midfield. All of which must surely be stored away in the Rice brain box which is probably telling him to get out of Dodge and play for a better side, more befitting of his talents. Can't be much fun having to carry a passenger out on the pitch however much of a legend the passenger likes to think himself as.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

shakeass shakeass shakeass shakeass

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

9898 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:05 pm I am telling you now that he will not score 4 PL goals next season.

PS Remember I did the same with Anderson and was proved correct.
For once you are correct, he will not score 4. 10+ would be my estimate, a latter day Martin Peters!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Rachel brown Finnis nice coat and gloves love

Xmas pressy ?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Could end up Player Of The Year the way he is going? :o 8-)