Hmmm....Does the latest Tarkowski bid of £35m (inc add ons) tell us the Board are planning to sell Rice?

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Hmmm....Does the latest Tarkowski bid of £35m (inc add ons) tell us the Board are planning to sell Rice?

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:06 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 pm

How do you know this?
Inside info.

If I said more I'd have to kill a small Welshman.
Say more 😃.....I'll write to ya with appreciation and send you a cake when you're inside
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Re: Hmmm....Does the latest Tarkowski bid of £35m (inc add ons) tell us the Board are planning to sell Rice?

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Inside info.

Say more 😃.....I'll write to ya with appreciation and send you a cake when you're inside
Fact is if Rice has any ambition he will want out of the circus. Put yourself in his position and imagine what you would do.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 pm

How do you know this?
Inside info.

99% sure an old by-law states that it is perfectly legal in England to kill a small Welshman if they are wearing a Russian hat.

But you didn’t hear that from me.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:57 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Fact is if Rice has any ambition he will want out of the circus. Put yourself in his position and imagine what you would do.
If it was me, I'd stay. But there's only 1 club for me. Prob different for Declan and I wouldn't blame him at all.
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Basmati has reportedly agreed terms on a 5 year deal with Chelsea.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I reckon we’ll be lucky to get £50mil for him. Particularly as he now seems to be pushing for the move.

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:52 pm I reckon we’ll be lucky to get £50mil for him. Particularly as he now seems to be pushing for the move.
No, I still think we'll get 70 with a player of theirs included but although terms have been agreed, no formal offer has been made yet and won't be unless Chelsea get some players off the books.

I doubt Rice will do an Arnie but he's been less than 100% in the two games he's played. I personally think it's best all round if he does go as long as that stunted cunt spends the money on the squad. Let's face it, relying so heavily on just one player is very risky. We nearly went down last season relying on Fabianski not getting injured.

But the nearer it gets to October 5th, the more of an excuse for Sullivan to say time was against him.

Which is maybe what he's been planning all along.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:03 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:57 pm

If it was me, I'd stay. But there's only 1 club for me. Prob different for Declan and I wouldn't blame him at all.
Why would he stay , especially with our owners , have they put a comforting arm around him and told him that we are building the team around him , have they offered him the captaincy and a pay rise that is inline with his ability/standing , that might keep him at the club .
But we are a shambles , from the bottom up , we have no structure , no plan , the whole club is floored .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:14 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:52 pm I reckon we’ll be lucky to get £50mil for him. Particularly as he now seems to be pushing for the move.
No, I still think we'll get 70 with a player of theirs included but although terms have been agreed, no formal offer has been made yet and won't be unless Chelsea get some players off the books.

I doubt Rice will do an Arnie but he's been less than 100% in the two games he's played. I personally think it's best all round if he does go as long as that stunted cunt spends the money on the squad. Let's face it, relying so heavily on just one player is very risky. We nearly went down last season relying on Fabianski not getting injured.

But the nearer it gets to October 5th, the more of an excuse for Sullivan to say time was against him.

Which is maybe what he's been planning all along.
I don't think we'll get close to £70 million if players are also involved. Word is that Rudiger is on the radar, logical as CD is a position Moyes evidently wanted to strengthen, but disturbingly there is still no apparent target for either full back position. Loftus-Cheek is another mentioned in despatches but is another midfield player, particularly one with a lengthy medical history, needed ? When Rice goes we will need a decent DM to replace him so any funds we get for Rice will soon be gobbled up if we want to bring in quality rather than quantity.

Problem of course is I don't see Chelsea letting any of their "young and hungry" talent go but I do see us being tempted by the older, well fed ones looking for a final decent pay day. In all seriousness one player who would be ideally suited to our hump and lump style of one up front is Olivier Giroud, but he's neither young nor hungry. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Omicron is an anagram of moronic