West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by 9898 »

hd1 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:23 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:34 pm Last night was more about Wolves thinking they could stroll the match.
Thanks for proving me right.

This was half time in the match thread.
hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:01 pm No doubt the critics will be saying Wolves are playing poorly :roll:
You're so predictable :lol:
So you feel Wolves were playing well. Fair enough. We all see things differently.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

The fallout from the Diangana saga definitely affected the performance against Newcastle.
Our captain sulking like a petulant child didn't help.
It's no coincidence that we've been better without Noble, that's not to say that he's finished, he can still play a part, but time waits for no man.
The balance of the team looked better in the last two games and I think there is a togetherness in the squad.
All the subs celebrated with the players on the pitch, lots of smiles all round, except for Haller.
That Wolves defence will be glad to see the back of Antonio for sure, and I think they will miss Jota.
We thoroughly deserved the win, with a very good work ethic and organisation.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:59 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:26 pm

I concur.
But I do think that young Cullen is being a bit of a wuss. I've had covid, ebola, swine flu, and rabies in the last few months and came through with flying colours. At one point I went down to 3 stone and lived on figs and bird seed.
I tell ya, it's a good job we're not fighting the Hun today, with all these wankers floating about we'd be waltzing around in jackboots listening to Marlene Dietrich LP's, before you could shout vors sprung dirk techniq.
Absolute piss wipes.
Indeed my learned friend.

There does seem to be a bit of a nappy-wearing with the lad.

When I was captured and tortured by Mossad for sticking a pin in Gold's colostomy bag as he came out of the Hap el Sh'eva synagogue in Golders Green last year I was given a dose of bubonic plague and had my left leg sawn off. I escaped, stitched it back with a bit of old clothes-line and some rusty barbed wire and was still back to score four strikes for the Three Horseshoes in the North Mendip skittles league the next day.

Kids these days ?

Tossers.

Bring back national service I say.
So you have had the experience of having the pleasure of having to be interrogated by the Israeli Mossad , Got to say the experience would not have been very pleasant . In the deepest cell in Nazareth I to had that experience along with a Welsh boy , we were both being help under the terrorism act ( its a long story which got me deported , and him put in hospital ) , but what actually worried me was the length of the nail on his pinky fingers they must have been a good two inches long , weird .

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:11 pm So you feel Wolves were playing well. Fair enough. We all see things differently.
No numbnuts, WE were playing well meaning we stopped Wolves playing their normal game. Like we did against Arsenal but this time we were solid defensively.

Of course true to type, nowhere have you stated we played well, just that Wolves played badly.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:11 pm

So you feel Wolves were playing well. Fair enough. We all see things differently.
Surely you have to admit if we had taken the chances we had at The Arsenal we would have won it , but we didn't actually play the same tactics there and as is usual Antonio missed his chances . But against Wolves I actually think our front three actually had synergy and played as one .

garnett

Post by garnett »

Afternoon,

Everybody happy ? You can bet your bollocks sullivan is, wallet will stay firmly in his pocket, justification that we are a good team with good players on the bench, just like he said.

Me ? nothing has changed, sure we put a good team to bed but our frailties still exist, sullivan may well bully moyes into a couple of loan journeymen but the red bull model has flown into the distance.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

:) :) I'd sell Haller, because he is not up to the Prem. He is lethargic. The Graham Hick of football, a flat track bully
Covid in the Boardroom

Post by 9898 »

garnett wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:39 pm Afternoon,

Everybody happy ? You can bet your bollocks sullivan is, wallet will stay firmly in his pocket, justification that we are a good team with good players on the bench, just like he said.

Me ? nothing has changed, sure we put a good team to bed but our frailties still exist, sullivan may well bully moyes into a couple of loan journeymen but the red bull model has flown into the distance.
There was never a Red Bull model at West ham.
Moyes came out with that crap to keep Sullivan happy, like a good yes man does.
Sullivans Red Bull model? Buy cheap players from lower leagues. No science. No future plan. Just don't spend tens of millions anymore.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

h69

Post by h69 »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:11 pm

No, you are right.... Wolves played terribly because we got our game plan correct and made them play that way. Especially putting Antonio tight on Coady and overrunning Neves and Moutinho. The Wolves fans also seem to think this (read their forum) as well and they know their team better than me.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

jameskel wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:47 pm :) :) I'd sell Haller, because he is not up to the Prem. He is lethargic. The Graham Hick of football, a flat track bully
Bundesliga "flat track" ?