Sullivan on TalkShite....

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Sullivan on TalkShite....

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:08 am
hd1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:06 am

To answer your question, no of course not. If you're trying to call me out as a G&S supporter then you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm more than happy to slag them off for their mistakes, but I won't get hysterical like some and blame them for the change in colour to Doris the tea ladies apron.

That's not what this debate is about though. It is about whether they are spending an adequate amount of money in unprecedented times and when put into context of the majorityof other PL clubs we're pretty much the same, and could possibly spend substantially more.
But is the debate purely about whether or not adequate money is being spent.? Isn't it more about the dwarf's apparent inability to acknowledge that the current situation is not exclusive to West Ham. I've always taken the view that Sullivan owns the club and is therefore entitled to spend the money the business generates as he sees fit. However surely it is disingenuous for him , when he is questioned about the lack of investment in the playing staff, to blame the club's poverty wholly on the Covid 19 situation. Every club in the country, and abroad for that matter, has been affected by lack of match day income and, of course, associated spending on match days.

If indeed, as he claims, the club is unable to compete in the transfer market people are entitled to question the economic competence of a board of directors which has run the shop for over 10 years. Football fans worldwide will never accept the club they support are spending "adequate" sums of money if they are not competing for league championships or European places. That has always been the case and always will. We are, as a collective, a group of whingers when things aren't going well, whatever team we support. But the current debate about the owners goes , at least imo, far beyond the normal moaning and groaning.
Hot news off the press..... scientists have just discovered that COVID-19 is a global hoax except in the London Borough of Newham.
Now I understand why little Dave’s depressed.
He was obviously privvy to this hot story before the plebs were.

Edit: More hot news just coming out, apparently Theydon Bois is the only other place that’s been hit. How’s your luck?
Last edited by ToneLoc on Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

If you wanna be or are a successful "Business Person"...you'll have your fingers in different pies,different ventures/businesses,
some will be more successful/profit making than others,some might fail, start losing,costing you money....
So where do you put any future investing in...the failing ones or the profitable ones...not rocket science.
You'd only stick with a problem one if your heart was really in it and you believed and loved it.............

This completely proves "we" the Hammers,West Ham Football Club is purely a Business venture for our owners,one that
that is moving into failing territory and a potentially loss making one...(is why they are sniffing round a way out,or at least
someone to come in and take the burden off them financially.)
If you loved the club...you'd go to your back pocket and help it out..even if means you might lose a few bob
their few bob is a lot different to our few bobs....

They actually warned/told us at the beginning .."we see this as a non profit making,self financing business venture"
That Basically says...we wont put any of our own money,directly into the club...we'll loan it money yes...give it money...No.
The Non Profit Making is the arguing point Non Profit for the Club or Non profit for them...we all know the answer to that one.

The Club should be run as profitable Business ala Spuds...Levy and Lewis have let any Profits the club have made stay
in the club to re-invest in itself....look where thats got them...we were on a level playing field... :lol: ..with them
10/15 years ago...now look...they planned long term...our owners are give us the dosh now,short term panickers.

PL wise we're fucked as long as they are here...we know it ...more to the point they should by now...
I honestly don't know how they live with themselves...fucking up a Club they "Supposedly" love..
If was me I owned us..and saw what was happening ..due to my incompetence...and due to the fact I do actually
love the club..like to think I'd be big enough to pass it it on...

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:56 am If you wanna be or are a successful "Business Person"...you'll have your fingers in different pies,different ventures/businesses,
some will be more successful/profit making than others,some might fail, start losing,costing you money....
So where do you put any future investing in...the failing ones or the profitable ones...not rocket science.
You'd only stick with a problem one if your heart was really in it and you believed and loved it.............

This completely proves "we" the Hammers,West Ham Football Club is purely a Business venture for our owners,one that
that is moving into failing territory and a potentially loss making one...(is why they are sniffing round a way out,or at least
If you loved the club...you'd go to your back pocket and help it out..even if means you might lose a few bob

They actually warned/told us at the beginning .."we see this as a non profit making,self financing business venture"
That Basically says...we wont put any of our own money,directly into the club...we'll loan it money yes...give it money...No.
The Non Profit Making is the arguing point Non Profit for the Club or Non profit for them...we all know the answer to that one.

The Club should be run as profitable Business ala Spuds...Levy and Lewis have let any Profits the club have made stay
in the club to re-invest in itself....look where thats got them...we were on a level playing field... :lol: ..with them
10/15 years ago...now look...they planned long term...our owners are give us the dosh now,short term panickers.

PL wise we're fucked as long as they are here...we know it ...more to the point they should by now...
I honestly don't know how they live with themselves...fucking up a Club they "Supposedly" love..
If was me I owned us..and saw what was happening ..due to my incompetence...and due to the fact I do actually
Or at the very least defer loan interest rate repayment. Even refuse a not required pay rise. And of course the skunk dont regret selling Diagana. How could he?!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:56 am If you wanna be or are a successful "Business Person"...you'll have your fingers in different pies,different ventures/businesses,

What you're forgetting my good man is that this thing is a narcissistic power hungry cunt, who'd sell his mother for a fiver. The other cunts not far behind him.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

An Open Letter to West Ham United from Hammers United.

Dear West Ham,

We listened with great interest to David Sullivan’s interview on Talksport yesterday.

We noted comments re.the cup win against Hull costing the club £50,000.Like all West Ham supporters we would love a cup run and hope that our team can progress further.

As a supporters group of 16000 members we would like to offer the club help in paying for the team to get to the next round tie at Everton.We have a close association with our friends at Hornchurch Coaches and together would be able to make arrangements for the club’s travel.

We also recall Mr Sullivan’s suggestion that Hammers United assist with purchasing tickets for last seasons league game at Liverpool,thereby enabling the club to be able to afford to take full allocation.We might also be able to assist with purchasing of tickets.

If we can be of assistance please Email us at secretary@hammersunited.com

COYI.

Stephen Cross.
(Joint Secretary).

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

prince of wales wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:28 pm An Open Letter to West Ham United from Hammers United.

Dear West Ham,

We listened with great interest to David Sullivan’s interview on Talksport yesterday.

We noted comments re.the cup win against Hull costing the club £50,000.Like all West Ham supporters we would love a cup run and hope that our team can progress further.

As a supporters group of 16000 members we would like to offer the club help in paying for the team to get to the next round tie at Everton.We have a close association with our friends at Hornchurch Coaches and together would be able to make arrangements for the club’s travel.

We also recall Mr Sullivan’s suggestion that Hammers United assist with purchasing tickets for last seasons league game at Liverpool,thereby enabling the club to be able to afford to take full allocation.We might also be able to assist with purchasing of tickets.

COYI.

Stephen Cross.
(Joint Secretary).
Superb 👍🏻
Yeah....."United"

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

https://www.claretandhugh.info/mooro-au ... van-apart/

Well said Matt Dickinson........

Sullivan, if I were you, sell this club to a better owners who know who to runs the club and f&ck off!!!!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

prince of wales wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:28 pm An Open Letter to West Ham United from Hammers United.

Dear West Ham,

COYI.

Stephen Cross.
(Joint Secretary).
:lol: ....Brilliant...

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm https://www.claretandhugh.info/mooro-au ... van-apart/

Well said Matt Dickinson........

Sullivan, if I were you, sell this club to a better owners who know who to runs the club and f&ck off!!!!
VERY telling when even C&H are now circulating "Sulli-bashing" stories Ibb.
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Here's the Matt Dickinson piece from The Times.....

""""
As each day passes, I get more depressed.” With messages like that let us hope David Sullivan is not giving the team talk if David Moyes remains self-isolated by Covid-19 at the weekend.

Perhaps Sullivan was simply seeking to echo the mood of every West Ham United supporter I know who, if not depressed, is seething with anger. Those emotions never do seem far away at the London Stadium, a ground that could be powered by angst.

Barely two weeks into a new season the unrest has already set in about a team seeking its first point of the campaign, a manager taking training from his London apartment because of quarantine and a club which, uniquely in the Premier League, is yet to make a single summer signing.

And then Sullivan went and made it worse by going on TalkSport this week and giving an interview that was as popular as someone coughing over your shoulder in the supermarket queue.

Perhaps he felt it was time for a dose of realism. No more seven-year plan to get West Ham into the Champions League as he trumpeted in 2010 during the takeover with David Gold. In 2015, ahead of the move to the new ground, it was a five-year plan to win the Premier League and the Champions League like an English Atletico Madrid. “Unlikely but not impossible,” Sullivan said. Bless.

Whatever his intention in going on the air this week, all Sullivan did was confirm that West Ham are led by a regime that takes a difficult job and makes it so much harder.

I scanned a piece I had written going into Moyes’ first period as manager in late 2017. It was all about the difficulty of constantly navigating the whims of the owners at a club with very strange ideas how to treat staff, plus the hierarchy’s inability to set a course and stick to it without undermining successive managers.

West Ham fans vent their anger with a banner directed at Karren Brady, West Ham’s vice-chairman, and Sullivan
West Ham fans vent their anger with a banner directed at Karren Brady, West Ham’s vice-chairman, and Sullivan
PA
Reading it back it was hard to think that anything had changed in almost three years apart from the club blowing a fortune in the meantime on “chasing the dream”, as Sullivan put it, under Manuel Pellegrini. Dreams are not what they used to be given West Ham finished 10th that season and were knocked out of the FA Cup by AFC Wimbledon. Then, of course, they went back to the same manager, Moyes, who had been unceremoniously dumped.

“The fans were on my back to have a director of football, a foreign manager,” Sullivan explained this week. Ah, so it was all the fans’ fault.

There always is someone else to blame, which might be plausible if Sullivan delegated responsibilities and left others to get on with it but he does not.

In one statement in the interview with Jim White he wanted us to believe that “I left it to the previous regime for two years. They didn’t buy well.” But everyone knows it is never that simple, as he then admitted.

“I had to bully the manager into signing [Issa] Diop and [Lukasz] Fabianski,” he said, eager to take credit for two of the more successful signings, certainly when compared to Sébastien Haller at £45 million.

No club is immune from bad purchases but most know it pays to establish a system that operates with a strategy and smart staff feeding detailed information into a manager and board. West Ham’s scouting and recruitment has been a mess for some time, not least because Sullivan likes to add his own idiosyncratic decisions to the mix, sitting in his Essex mansion playing Football Manager for real.

“Like he said, sometimes they try and bully you into a player that they fancy,” Sam Allardyce revealed on TalkSport when asked to comment on Sullivan’s methods. “You have to stay strong and try and get on with it. It can be a conflict between you and the owner.”

Especially when, as successive managers know, a player found by Sullivan through one of his agency contacts can turn up at the training ground unannounced.

Dare to be critical and, as well as sometimes resorting to lawyers, Sullivan will eagerly point out that £214 million is the net outlay on transfers in the last four years plus more than £1.5 million on scouts in 2019. That rebuttal ignores the obvious problem that you can spend that money badly, especially when there is haphazard recruitment and a lack of vision.

In 2018 during Moyes’ first period, a respected, experienced figure was brought in to study all the scouting, analytics and recruitment with a view to an overhaul. It was obvious that major upgrades were needed. Then Moyes was gone and the club lurched down a completely different path. A cul-de-sac.

And so West Ham are left with what even Sullivan had to admit was a horribly imbalanced squad, controversially having to sell Grady Diangana, a useful product of the academy which caused Mark Noble, the captain, to tweet his fury. Sullivan’s defence was that the club had too many wingers and money was needed to reinvest.

Funds they are now struggling to spend because everyone knows they are desperate for a centre-half, as shown by bidding as much as £30 million for Burnley’s James Tarkowski, in a frantic late scramble.

And then it becomes Moyes’ problem. “I can’t buy players I want because it would start a civil war at West Ham,” Sullivan added.

So, over to the manager who, he said, is spending 18 hour-days studying videos. But he would not need to if Sullivan appointed the right support staff.

It has been this way for years. Slaven Bilic is not a bad manager but he was worn down by this regime. Allardyce and his thick skin lasted four years before he too tired of being lectured about the “West Ham way”.

Now it is back to Moyes who at least knew what he was getting into but now has to make sense of a wage bill that soared under Pellegrini while still leaving glaring weaknesses, while also striving to keep a lid on the wider tensions and wondering if he will get a single defensive recruit in time for an unkind October fixture list which includes Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Liverpool.

First up is Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday behind closed doors. Sullivan said that he is desperate to have the fans back. If he has been reading what so many have been saying about him he might be careful what he wishes for.
""""
Yeah....."United"