No Fans, No Entertainment ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: No Fans, No Entertainment ?

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:46 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Given the toxicity surrounding our club at the moment I don't think we would have seen a result like last night's with fans, and the promised protests, in attendance. Fans can be a twelfth man for the opposition as well on occasions.
When is there no toxicity around the club ? :lol:
Good point. Probably why, apart from Bilic’s first season our home record has usually been pretty bloody indifferent.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:06 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:46 pm

When is there no toxicity around the club ? :lol:
Good point. Probably why, apart from Bilic’s first season our home record has usually been pretty bloody indifferent.
Its been toxic since I started supporting the club. Even the treatment of John Lyall was poor towards the end and I remember protests when Macari took over.

I think it is often the same at clubs like ours who are making up the numbers in the Prem. I remember after Leicester won the league and then sacked Ranieri, Puel was hated there and the fans were very vocal.

It will always happen unless everything is 100% perfect. Look at our club, many called for the transfers to be handled by Sullivan when Allardyce was here :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:07 am

Its been toxic since I started supporting the club. Even the treatment of John Lyall was poor towards the end and I remember protests when Macari took over.

I think it is often the same at clubs like ours who are making up the numbers in the Prem. I remember after Leicester won the league and then sacked Ranieri, Puel was hated there and the fans were very vocal.

It will always happen unless everything is 100% perfect. Look at our club, many called for the transfers to be handled by Sullivan when Allardyce was here :lol:
You have a good point there about BFS.

He was bringing in players who had the same agent has him?

Always something crooked going on at the club,whether it`s chairman or owners,since Lyall left.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Think the difference is now that,while we've always had dodgy owners,with making a few bucks foremost on their minds,
since forever it seems...the "Toxicity" has been between us and them...we don't like our Managers,cos we always struggle,
that'll always happen..win, the fans love you, lose your a Toerag,same everywhere,not just us..
But now...there's a divide in "us"...Mainly, well wholly due in fact to the March Fiasco and the Burnley game..

Saw things that day outside the ground...not inside...never thought I'd see at West Ham,heartbreaking,lost something that
day,more than any shit owners could cause...we'll they did cause it,but thought we were strong enough not to wanna
fight each other...Physically..over them......Fuckin social media for you...one reason I stay clear of most of it...

But seems Hammers United is pulling everyone back together...hopefully that crap of a day will be forgotten,I know
some have apologised for going over the top a bit..And thank fuck nothing major happened,just intent.

Gotta stick together,even if we disagree on shit.......it's them we should be dividing ,not us.

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:56 am Think the difference is now that,while we've always had dodgy owners,with making a few bucks foremost on their minds,
since forever it seems...the "Toxicity" has been between us and them...we don't like our Managers,cos we always struggle,
that'll always happen..win, the fans love you, lose your a Toerag,same everywhere,not just us..
But now...there's a divide in "us"...Mainly, well wholly due in fact to the March Fiasco and the Burnley game..

Saw things that day outside the ground...not inside...never thought I'd see at West Ham,heartbreaking,lost something that
day,more than any shit owners could cause...we'll they did cause it,but thought we were strong enough not to wanna
fight each other...Physically..over them......Fuckin social media for you...one reason I stay clear of most of it...

But seems Hammers United is pulling everyone back together...hopefully that crap of a day will be forgotten,I know
some have apologised for going over the top a bit..And thank fuck nothing major happened,just intent.

Gotta stick together,even if we disagree on shit.......it's them we should be dividing ,not us.
All owners are in it for the money. That's what the PL is about.

The difference nowadays is social media.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The dog's abuse given to Lyall at his last game, at Liverpool, was shameful imo. I was at the game that night and there were several incidents between fans at the game as well as a massive set to between our own "supporters" at Lime Street station.

And I was also at Villa Park when FLJ was carried off. A small, but very vocal, group actually celebrated the fact he had been injured. And I'm sure we all remember that often shown broadcast where Redknapp and FLJ were facing a group of fans who wanted to see Scott Canham given a run ahead of Lampard. Rumour was at the time Canham's family were behind the campaign. Understandable that, apparently, Lampard now detests the club, and it's fans, with a passion.

But you're right about there always being an element of toxicity. Greenwood was the manager when I first went and he was frequently given enormous stick by certain fans. And it probably is the same at other clubs. But wherever it happens I think it probably proves that the "twelfth man effect" which the crowd is often felt to have, can also woprk against the home team if circumstances are right.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Think every owner and manager out there has taken abuse in one form or another,depends on level of it...
Big Clubs Small clubs...successful or not,still get it...Leicester owner(not gonna try and spell it.. :lol: ) only one might
have got away with it....Klopp at Red Scouse ...so far Another...Pep will start getting it soon,when he starts to fall behind
Red Scouse again,you watch.
But it's all Press/Social Media driven/ based shit nowadays.....Burnley wouldn't have happened without it.
Someone would say something few years back,a handfull of people in the boozer or at ground would hear it ...now it
reaches thousands on line..plus the added fact of no comeback....call John Lyall a C**t someone would very lightly
give you a Slap...now ...now some dickhead online goes...yeah fuckin right..and it spreads...becomes a thing,when in fact
it's just a dozen arseholes out of thousands......not just footie either,online life in general these days.

Johnny Lyall got some at the end...but No one at West Ham would call him a C**t with real venom and mean it,it wouldn't
go that far,it was purely a football thing.

We have our share of arseholes...absolutely...Remember A "West Ham Fan"....Chucking a Brick Thru Glen Roeders
Family Home Window...He was at home recovering from a mini stroke caused by a blood clot on the brain...Nice one...

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:50 pm

The dog's abuse given to Lyall at his last game, at Liverpool, was shameful imo. I was at the game that night and there were several incidents between fans at the game as well as a massive set to between our own "supporters" at Lime Street station.

And I was also at Villa Park when FLJ was carried off. A small, but very vocal, group actually celebrated the fact he had been injured. And I'm sure we all remember that often shown broadcast where Redknapp and FLJ were facing a group of fans who wanted to see Scott Canham given a run ahead of Lampard. Rumour was at the time Canham's family were behind the campaign. Understandable that, apparently, Lampard now detests the club, and it's fans, with a passion.

But you're right about there always being an element of toxicity. Greenwood was the manager when I first went and he was frequently given enormous stick by certain fans. And it probably is the same at other clubs. But wherever it happens I think it probably proves that the "twelfth man effect" which the crowd is often felt to have, can also woprk against the home team if circumstances are right.
Was at both myself. Shameful.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:19 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Was at both myself. Shameful.
Me too .
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

What a day..Spurs knock six past United away..

Villa 5-1 up v scousers.

3-0 for us.