No Fans, No Entertainment ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Rick_Deckard

Re: No Fans, No Entertainment ?

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"Manure penalty in the 10th minute of added time ?"

who knew !...Some things just dont change !...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I did a thread similar to this last week.

Lots of goals in empty Stadiums.

I wrote ,without the added pressure of the fans,it`s a lot more entertaining.

When we came back after Lockdown,many thought,it would be rubbish including myself.

I have known so many goals in the PL..Also in the League Cup,Midweek,we had a 7-2,7-0,6-0,5-2 and a 5-1.It`s like we are going back to the 1960's,when there was goals galore..

Long may it continue.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Scewed politics still in play, fuck football for now
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:05 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:45 pm Anyone who, like me, watched the Brighton v Man United game will probably disagree that football without fans isn't entertainment. Of course it would be great if fans were allowed back in to watch but, FFS, anyone who didn't enjoy that match doesn't enjoy football imo.

And my prediction that Brighton would be one of the teams battling with us to stay up is looking a bit silly. I watched their game today, and the one they lost against Chelsea, and in both those games they were the better side. They'll be OK this season if those two games are anything to go by.
The game is still brilliant and therefore the "product" is only missing the garnish or embroidery that a full stadium brings. Obviously no one misses close ups of thick chavs on the TV.

Some people do find the taking of the knee objectionable, but I don't join transmission until 2 secs after kickoff. It's a timing thing. I don't choose to do this from some political angle, but rather an avoidance from something deeply cringing embarrassing. Like watching a downs person masturbating...yuck
Completely agree about knee taking. A totally pointless gesture which has more than run it's course. If indeed there ever was a course for it to run. I can see how some may have seen it as some sort of message of solidarity when it was first done, but now it's a totally empty, and very silly, charade.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:35 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:05 pm
The game is still brilliant and therefore the "product" is only missing the garnish or embroidery that a full stadium brings. Obviously no one misses close ups of thick chavs on the TV.

Some people do find the taking of the knee objectionable, but I don't join transmission until 2 secs after kickoff. It's a timing thing. I don't choose to do this from some political angle, but rather an avoidance from something deeply cringing embarrassing. Like watching a downs person masturbating...yuck
Completely agree about knee taking. A totally pointless gesture which has more than run it's course. If indeed there ever was a course for it to run. I can see how some may have seen it as some sort of message of solidarity when it was first done, but now it's a totally empty, and very silly, charade.
Never ever been for it,but understood it.....hence why I've said before would have stuck with team mates in doing it..
but now time to end it,and would be saying to team mates..I don't wanna do this anymore,and at some point in near
future I would stand.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:45 pm Anyone who, like me, watched the Brighton v Man United game will probably disagree that football without fans isn't entertainment. Of course it would be great if fans were allowed back in to watch but, FFS, anyone who didn't enjoy that match doesn't enjoy football imo.

And my prediction that Brighton would be one of the teams battling with us to stay up is looking a bit silly. I watched their game today, and the one they lost against Chelsea, and in both those games they were the better side. They'll be OK this season if those two games are anything to go by.
I didnt watch it but having seen the 'penalty' and also the Spuds one, I would replace Entertainment for farce

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 pm I did a thread similar to this last week.

When we came back after Lockdown,many thought,it would be rubbish including myself.

I have known so many goals in the PL..Also in the League Cup,Midweek,we had a 7-2,7-0,6-0,5-2 and a 5-1.It`s like we are going back to the 1960's,when there was goals galore..

Long may it continue.
Its more likely because of a lack of proper preseason and therefore pisspoor defending

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:04 pm

I didnt watch it but having seen the 'penalty' and also the Spuds one, I would replace Entertainment for farce
I thought the Man United penalty was nailed on tbh. The Spurs one was less clear cut but I've seen worse decisions than that one. At least the referee had the excuse that Dier's arm was away from his body.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 pm I did a thread similar to this last week.

Long may it continue.
Its more likely because of a lack of proper preseason and therefore pisspoor defending
Given the toxicity surrounding our club at the moment I don't think we would have seen a result like last night's with fans, and the promised protests, in attendance. Fans can be a twelfth man for the opposition as well on occasions.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:28 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Given the toxicity surrounding our club at the moment I don't think we would have seen a result like last night's with fans, and the promised protests, in attendance. Fans can be a twelfth man for the opposition as well on occasions.
When is there no toxicity around the club ? :lol: