Everton vs West Ham League Cup Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Everton vs West Ham League Cup Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:20 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:58 pm hope our 4-0 win over Wolves and 5-1 demolition of Hull will give us confidence but at Everton's ground is hard to beat as some of our players need to rested and expected Everton to do the same so this match will show how much STRENGTH IN DEPTH we have.

Randolph

Johnson
Ashby
Balbuena
Alese

Yamolenko
Snodgrass
Noble
Lanzini
Anderson

Haller

Hope this lots will be at their best. whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Pretty sure our midfield is going to get slaughtered , with Noble , Snodgrass starting . Not going to be a great day for Ashby either with Yarmalenko playing unless Ashby is actually a footballing genius and not just a kid with potential . Johnson may also get the shock of his life with Anderson in front of him and not Bowen . But what do I know I had us down for a big loss against Wolves .
If Moyes has any aspirations for this club in the league cup then he’ll play a virtually full strength team , so forget that :roll:

As for the “1st” team , if Noble doesn’t start in the cup game I’d be very concerned indeed as Moyes WILL find a way of getting him back in the team .
It may not be this weekend , it may not be the weekend after but it WILL happen.

Even if he has to sell Rice to achieve it .
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Everton are one of the in form teams atm,so going to be a difficult game.

Tbf,our so called reserves are a match to any other 2nd sring attacking wise...It really all depends on who Everton put out too?

Can see a few goals.

Would be amazing if we got through tonight.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:30 am Everton are one of the in form teams atm,so going to be a difficult game.

Tbf,our so called reserves are a match to any other 2nd sring attacking wise...It really all depends on who Everton put out too?

Can see a few goals.

Would be amazing if we got through tonight.
It would be totally amazing to beat them at their place , but not sure that can be done with Snodgrass and Noble as our midfield . Even there second string midfield of Sigurdsson and Davies were their starting midfield last season and we were beaten 2-0 , add to that the possibility of them making decent subs there like Doucoure , lets just hope they don't come out with all guns blazing , because I cannot see Moyes doing it .
Then again what do I know I really thought we would lose bigtime against Wolves .

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Now we're at the dizzy height of 11th after 3 games fuck all the cup runs and press on for glory in the Champions league. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:58 pm hope our 4-0 win over Wolves and 5-1 demolition of Hull will give us confidence but at Everton's ground is hard to beat as some of our players need to rested and expected Everton to do the same so this match will show how much STRENGTH IN DEPTH we have.

Randolph

Johnson
Ashby
Balbuena
Alese

Yamolenko
Snodgrass
Noble
Lanzini
Anderson

Haller

Pretty sure our midfield is going to get slaughtered , with Noble , Snodgrass starting . Not going to be a great day for Ashby either with Yarmalenko playing unless Ashby is actually a footballing genius and not just a kid with potential . Johnson may also get the shock of his life with Anderson in front of him and not Bowen . But what do I know I had us down for a big loss against Wolves .
It will be testing on the above squad players to see if they are good enough for the PL which is why they will play tonight and see if they are up to scratch. I do hope we can go to Quarter-Final.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Randolph

Johnson
Ashby
Balbuena
Alese

Yamolenko
Snodgrass
Noble
Lanzini
Anderson

Haller

I think that is a major part of our problem. Surely you can't expect attacking players like Anderson etc to be back defending because the defenders aren't good enough. Do we see it in reverse i.e fullbacks up alongside the attack and creating chances ? Shouldn't the midfield be protecting the defence anyway ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:49 pm

I think that is a major part of our problem. Surely you can't expect attacking players like Anderson etc to be back defending because the defenders aren't good enough. Do we see it in reverse i.e fullbacks up alongside the attack and creating chances ? Shouldn't the midfield be protecting the defence anyway ?
Can you see the midfield shown in Ibby's post offering any protection ? I can't. We should be looking at the positives here imo. It will give the coaching staff a chance to assess any likely youngsters against decent opposition and not League One cannon fodder. They'll not have any pressure as no one expects them to win but it will give them an opportunity to show what they can do.

Personally I'd chuck in the kid Baptiste who apparently is very highly rated by people at the club. Stick with the three at the back system aith Balbuna in the middle, Baptiste and Alese either side. Personally I'd play Snodgrass at LWB for this one with Ashby on the right. Yarmolenko Lanzini Noble and Anderson in MF and Haller up front. Throw on Silva and Coventry at some point, again to see how they cope against decent opposition. Assuming Everton play a few of their big guns of course.

I would be tempted to watch if that side was put out tonight, but I fear we won't see any of the promising youngsters sent out which is a shame. And also means I won't be arsed to watch the fucking game. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

The team have just left KFC in Runcorn where they had their pre-match meal and are now getting back in the Luton van.

Sullivan asked for the receipt and was livid that the Snod ordered a side of spicy chicken wings.

The 99p will be deducted from his wages.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:22 pm The team have just left KFC in Runcorn where they had their pre-match meal and are now getting back in the Luton van.

Sullivan asked for the receipt and was livid that the Snod ordered a side of spicy chicken wings.

The 99p will be deducted from his wages.

Rumour has it that yarmalenko's added a side of beans with a KFC mini meal and as a result has been fined a week's wages and placed on the transfer list.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Same side as last round will do me,more than capable of beating Everton,whoever we put out.
Looking forward to it...

On us at 8/1 both teams to score....and after fucking up saturday... :lol: a 9/2 straight win...cracking odds ..