Everton vs West Ham League Cup Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Everton vs West Ham League Cup Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:02 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:44 pm Can't understand why everyone's getting so worked up about last night tbh. It was the Mickey Mouse cup FFS. Spurs will probably end up winning it, Mourinho's bound to win either that or the F A Cup, their fans will large it up and we'll take the piss. Which is how it should be for that stupid fucking competition.
Think it's more about the mindset of the club. We see a glimmer of hope after the Arsenal and Wolves games and whilst I/we don't go overboard you actually look forward to a game like Everton who we all knew were going to put out a full strength side to see how much we have improved or not, only to find that Moyes puts out a joke midfield which is the area you need to be strongest. That's why people like me then come on here with steam coming out their ears and put forward their opinion a bit more forcefully than normal. I know Noble isn't "fucking useless" but he's just not good enough for the Pl because you have no chance without a reasonable level of pace. So why does our fucking useless manager (oops doing it again) keep doing it.
Fair comment. Your point about Noble, which could also be applied to others, is a good one. If we are going to rest so called key personnel for the domestic cups let's at least try and use the games sensibly by looking at some of the likeliest young talent rather than play those players we already know aren't up to regular first team standard.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I don't actually think we played badly anyway. I didn't watch all the match but the commentary I did said that Everton didn't deserve to be 3 goals better and when you look back we could and maybe should have had at least one or maybe 2 goals more.

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

hamstew wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:49 pm Why would we throw this game? Why would we not go and try and win a trophy? Why would you not make a sub, especially Anderson? Who was absolute dog shit.

It is so early into the season, I think we could afford to try and win a trophy, any trophy for fucks sake.... so so disappointing after a great win on Sunday, why would you not try to build on that? I actually don't mind Moyes but that is a very negative attitude to not want to try and win (well, it feels like it)

Also what is frustrating, they were forced to make 3 subs and they still smashed us, we couldn't make it count, very disappointing.

It will make it worse if Leicester beat us on Sunday, I will be fuming if that happened.

Right, rant over, that's most things off of my chest.
"It will make it worse if Leicester beat us on Sunday, I will be fuming if that happened."

Well, at least I wasn't fuming on Sunday then. :D