Harry Maguire. Worst Transfer Deal Ever ?

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Harry Maguire. Worst Transfer Deal Ever ?

Post by palerider »

The worst one has to be Graeme Souness signing a player who wasn't even a footballer for Southampton.

He'd conned the Saints into believing he was Gearge Weah's cousin and they believed him having seen a couple of fake youtube videos.

Mind you, Carlos Sanchez comes close as he wasn't a footballer either.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:56 am The worst one has to be Graeme Souness signing a player who wasn't even a footballer for Southampton.

He'd conned the Saints into believing he was Gearge Weah's cousin and they believed him having seen a couple of fake youtube videos.
I remember that. But the money paid for him was relatively peanuts. Maguire cost the record fee for a defender in this country. Which when you think about it is an outrageous sum for a cunt who can't defend. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:45 am
Newmarket wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 am

I thought Unsworth a good player for us . Not his fault his old lady wore the trousers .
🀣
She must have been one thick mare, trouser wearer or not. After he joined Villa didn't she say something along the lines of I didn't know Birmingham was so far from Liverpool ?
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:11 pm
Whiskyman wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:45 am

She must have been one thick mare, trouser wearer or not. After he joined Villa didn't she say something along the lines of I didn't know Birmingham was so far from Liverpool ?
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Yeah well, it all started when H signed the lad "triffic player" and DU had to stay in digs, because Mrs U wouldn't set foot in that London.

So after 38 games (2 goals) and living on his Jack Jones - he decided to move to Birmingham and join Aston Villa. Mrs U to her credit, did try and give it ago, but after completing one fucking journey in a Ford Sierra Cosgrove along the M6 (2 hours) back to Liverpool, she had her fill.

And after a deep meaningful discussion, DU left Aston Villa (0 appearances) and returned to live in Liverpool...a divorce would have made the medicine go down...