Harry Maguire. Worst Transfer Deal Ever ?

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Harry Maguire. Worst Transfer Deal Ever ?

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:51 am Kieron Dyer was a shockingly bad buy. Not saying necessarily the worst but a complete waste of money imo. How many games did he actually play for us?
30 games...

... which was more than Savio, Benny Mac, Arbeloa, and Evra combined.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:00 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:51 am Kieron Dyer was a shockingly bad buy. Not saying necessarily the worst but a complete waste of money imo. How many games did he actually play for us?
30 games...

I gotta say mate, I'm shocked he played that many games tbh. Thought it would barely be in double figures. He was a lot of money for a crock though.

Those you mention though, Benny Mac, Arbeloa and Evra were free transfers I believe and barely had a season with us. Savio being the odd one out here but was surely a Sullivan/Agent deal and I think went missing after leaving us.
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:06 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:00 pm

30 games...

I gotta say mate, I'm shocked he played that many games tbh. Thought it would barely be in double figures. He was a lot of money for a crock though.

Those you mention though, Benny Mac, Arbeloa and Evra were free transfers I believe and barely had a season with us. Savio being the odd one out here but was surely a Sullivan/Agent deal and I think went missing after leaving us.
I think he may have been before Sullivan. I’m sure he was part of the mass spending by the Icelandics.

A few interesting stats from Wikipedia:

Dyer played 30 games over four seasons.

He was bought for around £6 mil. Over 30 games, that’s about £500k per game.

A permanent move to Ipswich was thwarted when he demanded West Ham to pay an additional £1mil pay-off.

He never played a full 90 mins for WHU.

:roll:

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:19 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:06 pm

I think he may have been before Sullivan. I’m sure he was part of the mass spending by the Icelandics.

A few interesting stats from Wikipedia:

Dyer played 30 games over four seasons.

He was bought for around £6 mil. Over 30 games, that’s about £500k per game.

A permanent move to Ipswich was thwarted when he demanded West Ham to pay an additional £1mil pay-off.

He never played a full 90 mins for WHU.

:roll:
That's amazing info about Dyer. Very costly indeed!

You were right about Savio. I done a little light digging and he joined us in 2009. So I'll let the dwarf off for this one.
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Maguire is no where near the £70m, not even £10m as he is the worst defender I have witness and Tottenham Hotspurs want him so that will give a numbcunt food for thought.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Jack Wilshere is a very expensive mistake. 19 appearances and paid in excess of £20M

and lets remember most of those appearances had very limited positive contributions. How does he do it

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 pm Jack Wilshere is a very expensive mistake. 19 appearances and paid in excess of £20M

and lets remember most of those appearances had very limited positive contributions. How does he do it
We've made a few of those over the years mate. Kieron Dyer, Andy Carroll and now Wheelchair. Maybe it's part of the club's DNA that we have to have a resident sicknote on the books.

Is there still time for us to offer Phil Jones a contract ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 pm Jack Wilshere is a very expensive mistake. 19 appearances and paid in excess of £20M

We've made a few of those over the years mate. Kieron Dyer, Andy Carroll and now Wheelchair. Maybe it's part of the club's DNA that we have to have a resident sicknote on the books.

What about Dale Gordon.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh🤭
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 pm

What about Dale Gordon.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh🤭
I'd forgotten about him. Stewart Robson could get a mention as well going a bit further back. And don't forget we also have a good record of converting players into sicknotes. Simon Webster and Richard Hall are two who come to mind whose careers pretty much ended the moment they came through our doors. Hall got injured in a pre season friendly if memory serves and fucking Julian Dicks did Webster's leg at a training session.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I would actually add Anderson to the list he may not get injuries but he plays like he has and you would think he had one being as we see nothing of him in the league , and we definitely paid over what he is actually worth .